navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » you've burned me.
Teen Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic you've burned me. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Just.Another.Falling.Star
since 2008-05-08
Posts 422
Canada

0 posted 2011-04-05 06:39 PM

it's a strange feeling, seeing your heart ripped from your chest and shredded; like it's an everyday occurance.

i never thought it would come to this, where the years of honesty all of a sudden don't mean anything. because an opinion got in the way. because a disregard for respect got between us. because apparently it's okay to throw away our years; erase our history and just continue with life, because it never happened.

i didn't know i wasn't allowed to believe in life after death. or that Christ is my best friend. because if you would've warned me before hand of your opposing opinions, and how harshly you think of mine, i would've never continued with this.

i can't be around someone who doesn't accept my beliefs, after all...i've put up with yours for all these years. but now it's over. nothing can change what's been said or done.

it's clear you can't accept me anymore.

julianna

"Many of the most significant moments in our lives come not because it all went right, but because it all fell apart." - Rob Bell

© Copyright 2011 Julianna - All Rights Reserved
HolsJoscelyne
since 2011-04-05
Posts 23
Colchester, United Kingdom
1 posted 2011-04-06 01:13 PM

that's amazing!

And not just as a poem of unacceptance.
I'd love to hear the real story that inspired the poem!

Beautiful I mean I can totally connect with the first lines x

Holly Joscelyne poetry at dougthedreadpoetry.blogspot.com

Just.Another.Falling.Star
since 2008-05-08
Posts 422
Canada
2 posted 2011-04-06 05:30 PM

thank you very much
it's interesting what creativity occurs when frustration surfaces.

julianna

"Many of the most significant moments in our lives come not because it all went right, but because it all fell apart." - Rob Bell

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » you've burned me.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary