navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » what is my identity?
Teen Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic what is my identity? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
maddorani
since 2007-11-18
Posts 423
houston,tx

0 posted 2011-04-02 11:01 PM

What is my identity?
Who am I supposed to be?
What kind of existence do I have?
These are the questions that I ask my
Self every moment, every time
Because I don’t know the
Real me, as if it seems like
Every moment I’m going through a split
Personality being jubilant
The next day being depressed
The other, I ask my self what is
Going on with me ask my self
Why am I going maniacal why am
I locked up in an asylum every
Day I try to look for my
Identity, it seems like
I have forgotten every thing
When I try to look for my self I
Become berserk, start to cry
Messing up everything in my
Ward, when the nurses hear the bizarre
Noises they come in with there snowy
Costumes and with a needle
They inject me putting me
Off to sleep, before this I was a
Very happy girl with purity
Sincerity, elegance
And now I have become dark
Monstrous horrifying creature that
Looks more like a beast that needs to be
Tamed, slowly slowly I am
Being devoured by my other
Self making my identity in
To another with a wicked smile
That has an evil intent
A smile that has murderous
Perplexed intent figuring out what
Should be my next personality be
What should be my next identity be

© Copyright 2011 madiha - All Rights Reserved
Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

1 posted 2011-04-04 12:22 PM

Dear Madorani,

I am the person I build, one moment at a time, one breath at a time by learning simply and easily and straightforwardly how to pay attention to one thing at a time.  At times it feels as though everything in the world wants to come between you and this simple project.  At those moments, you simply say, whoops, and you start over, simply and quietly and effortlessly at the beginning.

You never want to do this more than twenty minutes at a time, and never more than twice a day, because you want time to take what you've learned in those times and try to allow it to soak in a bit.  During those times, when you are alone and are able to take time off by yourself in a room where others won't disturb you, you simply close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing.  And every time you inhale, you count that breath until you've counted ten breaths.  Sometimes you'll loose track.  You may forget if the last breath was three or seven or ten or whatever it may have been.  WQhen that happens, you simply say to yourself, "whoops," and you start over at "One" again.  If you manage to reach ten slow easy breaths, then you start over at One again.  You may forget and find yourself at a hundred and fifty.  So what?  You simply say, Whoops! and start over at One again.  You may find yourself drifting off into thinking of other stuff, how smart you are, or what's really important in the world, or who you are, really.  That's all right, when you notice you've done that, you simply say, whoops, and begin again at One.

The Goal is to simply spend the entire twenty minutes concentrating on that one things and one doing nothing but that one thing.  If you find yourself moving, that's okayl, stop moving, settle yourself down, and start counting at one again.  No more than twenty minutes of this, twice a day.

What you're training here is your ability to have attention, to focus it and to be in one place, feeling and thinking one thing.  If you want to know who and what you are, the first thing you're going to need to do that is the ability to notice things, and to concentrate and to put them together over time, and that's what this meditation training teaches you to do, slowly and over time.  Sometimes it will feel like the twenty minutes will pass in a few seconds, sometimes it will feel like it takes forever, but it will always be only twenty minutes.  You will find you learn a great deal in just a week, and you may want to try to put it into words.  Try putting it into a poem if you want, but otherwise, just allow it to go back into the twenty minute meditation time, so that you will end up building more and more solid ground for yourself to experience.  You wioll be building a place to sit and view your life from, but it needs to be built slowly, just a few minutes at a time, so that the foundation is deep and solid, and so that you can understand that you will be used to the mistakes and will be able to forgive yourself for them and go back to the construction a little bit at a time, with a simple, whoops!, and a going back to one, as you get better and better at the process.

Try it and see.

Sincerely, yours, Bob Kaven

maddorani
since 2007-11-18
Posts 423
houston,tx
2 posted 2011-04-04 02:41 PM

ok i will try doing that but did you like this poem
Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

3 posted 2011-04-05 03:05 AM

Yes, I did.  And no, you don't have to try that.  The poem seemed to ask for that depth of feedback more than simply praise, which the poem certainly deserves.

maddorani
since 2007-11-18
Posts 423
houston,tx
4 posted 2011-04-05 02:44 PM

thank you hehe
hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
5 posted 2011-04-12 11:51 PM

Very chilling poem, I liked the imagery, so vivid, as I can say i've been there, many of us had... Just remember life will continue to move on and change in many different ways.. ways you may not think they will. the best thing to do is move forward and try to work things out. remember there is always going to be someone to help. if you ever wanna chat you know how to contact me.

Great poem will be looking forward to reading more as I find more time.. but time there is never enough!
Krysti

maddorani
since 2007-11-18
Posts 423
houston,tx
6 posted 2011-04-13 02:19 PM

thank you i have two more in my mind one is like a short story and the other is the usual but i will write them down today and post them here and thank you for your time
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » what is my identity?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary