navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » Victory Nectar (Something ENTIRELY Different)
Teen Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic Victory Nectar (Something ENTIRELY Different) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
RevengeIsMine
since 2006-07-08
Posts 820
Australia

0 posted 2010-05-27 06:42 PM

Photobucket

he looks at me with eyes drenched in darkness. [i want to melt.]
                                    he doesn't know.
                well of course he's gorgeous.    eyes that space with intensity and a smile that could slice you deeper than a dagger.      opinionated and stubborn, an expert with conversation.          

he just might be the denotation of amazing.          

i strut down a congested hallway, and he has no trouble standing out entierly from all of the average others.      i smile something shaky, and under my rapid breaths chant a prayer that he will just maybe  realize  that i could be so much more.    (it always seems to faze him.)            i wait for him to grasp onto my dangling    hints.            it never happens.          
  [  i'd like to murder
  that shameful optimist. ]
      i'm a beaming energy source, blissful and glowing, untill i remeber i'm lonely.  untill that jolting tests my heart out again and i feel like          c
                                                                                                   o
                                                                                              l
                                                                                                a
                                                                                                  p
                                                                                                    s
                                                                                                      i
                                                                                                      n
                                                                                                        g.
                                                                                                                  because of something so small and so innocently naivee.                  (what the hell am i doing?)          i'm carving holes in my flesh from the inside out.    just torturing my body again,      into idealisms that are bluntly impossible.      i'm a sad case of over-hoping, and blind will.                  those little desires are shooting my way.      
                                        (how long can i deny them all?)
            so tonight i will pull out that navy blue covered creed. place that midnight inked pen between the feeble grasp of my trembling fingers.          and make sure the lines hold the truth.            and as much as it might hurt me now i know,  it's for everything better that i could have gained from this.                  it's for the power to say                                                          

'  i'm letting go, of the lies of holding on. '
                                                                              the wisdom to see
                                                            { it would only break me further.}

the understanding,

{ that you were an image i only wished had existed.}

..                                                        and maybe a little

b e a u t y .
                                              (hell, just for taste of the victory nectar. )

© Copyright 2010 A Typical Aussie Chick - All Rights Reserved
XxForever.BrokenxX
since 2008-01-20
Posts 891
Neverland
1 posted 2010-05-31 07:16 PM

i really like it.
I read it a while ago already but I didn't have time to comment before. But yeah, I thought it was worded really nicely.
Library of course.

{~~*~~}

EmilyTheStrange
{~~*~~}
I have a pet unicorn...his name is Flavius, as in Flavius Belby. Flavius does not like gumballs..

N|D|N|C|Lost-Poet
since 2009-07-30
Posts 360
New Orleans
2 posted 2010-06-01 03:33 AM

I wonder why this hasn't had more critic acclaim.

It's brilliant.

Beautifully captured.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » Victory Nectar (Something ENTIRELY Different)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary