navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » For You
Teen Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic For You Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
XxForever.BrokenxX
since 2008-01-20
Posts 891
Neverland

0 posted 2010-05-15 12:19 PM

I wrote this the other day for my friend Ju Young. It's not very good, but i was just excited that I could actually still write something in relation to a poem.
===========================

When the night comes,
if the moon doesn't glow,
I'll be here,
I wont let go.

When the sun shines,
if your tears start to rain,
I'll be here,
taking in your pain.

Fear not of being lonely
'cause you'll only ever be,
the one that I look after,
the second half of me.

When the hurt doesn't stop,
if your world is crashing down,
I'll be here,
I'll stand my ground.

I wont go,
I'll take in your pain.
Watching over you,
I'll stand in the rain.
{~~*~~}

EmilyTheStrange
{~~*~~}
I have a pet unicorn...his name is Flavius, as in Flavius Belby. Flavius does not like gumballs..

© Copyright 2010 Emmalee Yuri - All Rights Reserved
toriber
since 2010-06-10
Posts 22
texas
1 posted 2010-06-17 12:05 PM

i love this its very relatable. keep writing its very good!!

id rather be extordinary together rather than ordinary a part

XxForever.BrokenxX
since 2008-01-20
Posts 891
Neverland
2 posted 2010-06-17 12:23 PM

Thank you, I will.

EmilyTheStrange
{~~*~~}
I have a pet unicorn...his name is Flavius, as in Flavius Belby. Flavius does not like gumballs..

hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
3 posted 2010-06-18 01:35 AM

very very lovely! great write!
XxForever.BrokenxX
since 2008-01-20
Posts 891
Neverland
4 posted 2010-06-19 01:54 PM

thank you

{~~*~~}

EmilyTheStrange
{~~*~~}

AlexandriaDixon
since 2010-06-22
Posts 6

5 posted 2010-06-22 01:39 PM

This was such a beautiful poem. It flowed very well, and that's hard to do with a rhyme. But you did it nicely.
XxForever.BrokenxX
since 2008-01-20
Posts 891
Neverland
6 posted 2010-06-27 01:34 AM

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

{~~*~~}

EmilyTheStrange
{~~*~~}

mozart4321
since 2010-06-29
Posts 29

7 posted 2010-06-29 02:35 PM

i can really relate to this, giving anything for someone you care about.  i believe this would make great song lyrics.
Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

8 posted 2010-06-30 02:35 AM

I am fond of the work that you and Flavius have been doing recently.  The notion about song lyrics, which I know little about, seems like a sound one, though, though you'll probably need to know more about the forms song lyrics take.  They seem very specific.

There's a lot of good feeling you're able to get at here, which shows a lot fine progress with you and your personal journey.  A woman and her unicorn looking for illumination and people to really care about in navigating her journey through life.  A journey that looks for illumination and depth and avoids gumballs.  That unicorn really knows what's what.

My very best.

Is there someone who knows how to organize song lyrics around?

Earl Brinkman
since 2010-03-03
Posts 1183
Osaka, Japan
9 posted 2010-06-30 07:01 AM

This was very nice.  If you would like some advice about rhyming there are rhyming dictionies that are available at book stores or over the net.  I bought one at a second hand book store.  There is also a rhyming dictionary available over the net and it is free.  I haven`t used it for a while so I am not certain whether it is still up.
XxForever.BrokenxX
since 2008-01-20
Posts 891
Neverland
10 posted 2010-06-30 02:32 PM

Yes, I am aware of the online rhyming dictionaries, but i try to avoid using them. I find that the phrase can often seem forced when using a rhyming dictionary, which is something I like to avoid. I have used one before though.  

Bob K,
     As always your replies make me smile. It brightens my day how you use my insanity as a way of relating things (Flavius)  .
I really appreciate all the suggestions you give me and I'm grateful to you. Thank you.

{~~*~~}

EmilyTheStrange
{~~*~~}

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

11 posted 2010-07-01 07:58 PM

As a fun experiment, why not try selecting the rhyme words in advance?  You have the freedom to make them offbeat and wonderful, and then you can let your imagination work of the more imaginative ways of connecting them, instead of struggling to come up with a rhyme to fit in with the logic of the development of your ideas.  Let the sound move your ideas around on the first couple of drafts, and then revise for sense later on to see what you come up with.

If you can, try to drop in the names of some actual concrete things that you don't usually find in poetry, your basic kazoo bands and switchblades and vacuum cleaners for example to keep the poems from getting too abstract and flying off into outer space with abstraction.  If you know somebody with an unusual name or nickname, you can always drop that in, but even dropping in somebody's real name can give a poem a whole different feel.  I once kbnew a poet named "Antler," for example.  And James Wright tossed in the mention of a friend in the middle of a poem; "Wayne" was the guy's name, and it was in the middle of a poem about the poetry of Jonathan Swift.  It worked out pretty well.

These are experiments, and there for fun, not for anything else.  If you enjoy them, you can toss them into your quiver and pull them out from time to time when you want to get out of a rut in the middle of a poem, or when you want a way to start or end one.  Enjoy, I hope.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » For You

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary