navwin » Main Forums » Dark Poetry #5 » abortion
Dark Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic abortion Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
vampirelover
since 2009-05-17
Posts 74

0 posted 2009-05-17 04:51 PM

It’s not lonely
here inside
it’s where I abide
the place that I know,
where I’m safe
to reside
I’ve been here
all my life.
Familiar sounds
heart beating
mother’s breathing
eating
and drinking
I live in water
but I don’t drown
in here
it’s where
I’ve grown
where I’m safe.
Music
appears
comes from Outside
words I don’t understand.
My hand, my face
it’s my Land,
it’s everywhere
I know,
I’m so small
but I’m loved
by Her. She’s below
above and beyond me
She is
all there is
I am warm and whole.
Her soul is one with mine……..

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

The thunder
The tearing
The Dreadful Pain………..
Mother, why do you kill me?

© Copyright 2009 vampirelover - All Rights Reserved
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
1 posted 2009-05-18 12:21 PM

This needs to be said and you did it so well.
Thank you!

God bless,
  Rae

vampirelover
since 2009-05-17
Posts 74

2 posted 2009-05-18 04:30 AM

Thank you,Rae,that means a lot to me.
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
3 posted 2009-05-18 11:05 AM

vampirelover,

Welcome to PiP.  This is powerful stuff you are sharing with us.  I have to tell you that you are making me think and I thank you for that.  I am reminded that I don't have to like all poetry to appreciate it.  Actually, if I said I liked it I think you would think I was lying anyway.  

I like the structure of your poetry - I hate the messages they contain.  That, to me, is what makes your writing powerful.

Welcome.

Alison

vampirelover
since 2009-05-17
Posts 74

4 posted 2009-05-18 01:08 PM

Thanks, Alison. I am grateful for your positive comments, especially as you are not empathetic to my point of view.I am puzzled, however, when you state that you "hate" the message; I would be interested to learn what you mean by that.
I have a couple of poems in "behind closed doors". If you have the time to look at them, I would be interested to hear what you think. I've had one pulled by the censors; I have a feeling the others may go the same way!

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
5 posted 2009-05-19 12:13 PM

Hi VL,

Thank you for asking for clarification in regards to my comment to your poem.

In my opinion, a poem is not good or bad based on whether I like the subject matter or hate it.  I think a poem is good when it gets a reaction from me.  I reacted to this poem.  While I enjoyed the style in which you wrote it, I hated the content.  It has nothing to do with my opinion of abortion, but everything to do with how you humanized the fetus.  I don't hate what you did.  I hate what happened in your poem.  Does that make more sense?

I hated the story.  That does not mean that I dismiss your poem or find it poor qaulity.  

I hope that helps explain what I meant.  What did Dr. Suess say?  "I meant what I said and I said what I meant and an elephant's faithful 100%" - or something like that. Bet you never thought Dr. Suess would be in a reply to this poem.  But I do mean what I said and I did say what I meant ... I just don't always make sense.

Anyway, I am tired - it's been a very long day.

Good writing.  I'll read more.  Your poetry makes me squirm, but, so far, I have found the message within them to be pretty important.

Alison

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

6 posted 2009-05-20 11:14 PM

I love a poem that gets my controversial issues senses tingling.
vampirelover
since 2009-05-17
Posts 74

7 posted 2009-06-03 01:18 PM

To Alison: "Humanized the foetus"?? Are you saying that a baby in the womb is not human? I find that most bizarre. I would say rather that I have given her an intelligence and power of speech that, obviously,are beyond her, which is poetic licence. But her humanity is surely beyond doubt.
Make me laugh
since 2009-06-06
Posts 3

8 posted 2009-06-06 09:38 PM

I think you should have made it more intense
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

9 posted 2009-06-06 10:44 PM

Now I truly love your presence on this forum.  You aren't afraid to place yourself as a writer in a position of great angst.  You lay bare issues that wrench the hearts of both liberals and conservatives alike.

Life's short.  Think hard!
Me!

vampirelover
since 2009-05-17
Posts 74

10 posted 2009-06-07 12:21 PM

Thank you, MML. Usually I'm told I go too far!!
vampirelover
since 2009-05-17
Posts 74

11 posted 2009-06-07 12:21 PM

Many thanks, fractal.
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

12 posted 2009-06-07 09:51 PM

Told you go too far?  I don't think so, VampireLover.  This forum needs more writers like you imho.  

*ducks worrying he'll get hate mail from moderators now   *

I don't know how old you are, but a lot of your writing sounds familiar to me -- like a style I used to write in when I was around 19 or 20.  I was very depressed then, a Christian in doubt and leaning closer to atheism.  Poetry was my outlet.  I guess that's what attracts me to these poems of yours.

Life's short.  Think hard!
Me!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Dark Poetry #5 » abortion

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary