navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Who Is Gonna Bail Me Out?
Open Poetry #43
Post A Reply Post New Topic Who Is Gonna Bail Me Out? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
standing on a shadow's lace

0 posted 2008-09-30 09:00 PM

Who Is Gonna Bail Me Out?

I go to work faithfully every day
with a heavy hearted star on my chest
for people that betray me
and I am no more than a number
unmissed if I am not there
struggling with the legal and moral
trying hard to sleep with myself at night
and look at myself in the mirror
when I wake from menopausal sleep
praying God will somehow save me
or forgive me for who I am
and for who I can not be

weeks ago
I quit my job due to a moral dilemma
no work to go to and an ocean of tears
I rescinded my resignation and went back
I am more resigned than rescinded
and I am sick and tired
I am tired
no, I am well past tired
like many of those in this great land that I love
I have lost my house to the greedy, for enough
was never enough and coloring outside the lines
was only alright if the color was green
how did this dream end up like this
to be more of a nightmare than something sweet
the only light at the end of the tunnel for me is
that the good preacher told me last week
that there is no credit in heaven
and I sit here and wonder
I just hope I can rent there
and do they allow pets

all I have worked for now is gone
and after I retire my star one day
I know I will be at Wal Mart
passing out carts and saying, welcome
and at least there I will be in good company

and now all I read all day long is bail out
bail out
I say NO
cause who is gonna bail me out

© Copyright 2008 Helen Chambers - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2008-09-30 09:08 PM

I know it's not much comfort in the heat of things, but you have already bailed yourself out.

I'm always here, lemme know if you lost my number?

(and hey? The Danziger Bridge incident is being reviewed by the Feds. I have hope, for those who stand up even knowing they'll be shot down.) Sometimes it takes time..sigh.

*huggin' you tight*

I love you.

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
2 posted 2008-09-30 09:16 PM

So sorry to hear about your problems, Helen .I will probably lose what money I was able to put aside while I worked too but at least my home is paid off (after 30 years of payments).I hate to say it but I don't know if anything is safe at this point.
I feel so bad for you and your pets.
                                Hugs,
                                  Ida

1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
3 posted 2008-09-30 09:16 PM

thanks K love you too
smoooooch

but....
hard to stand sometimes
against a hurricane
when you are just
an audience of one

1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
4 posted 2008-09-30 09:18 PM

Ida
thanks for the worry
you are sweet
i am just venting
i have rented a house
you don't have to worry
and i have a job i am a deputy

i was saying i hope God has rent in heaven and takes pets too

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
5 posted 2008-09-30 11:04 PM

this breaks my heart Helen

I have no words to say
but I am sure God has rent in heaven
and I know he takes pets

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
6 posted 2008-09-30 11:34 PM

I am afraid you write for so many Americans these days Helen, and exactly with these words:

I am tired
no, I am well past tired
like many of those in this great land that I love

5 weeks - 5 weeks - and perhaps things will look better for that American dream?

If there is no room in heaven, come visit me where it is warm wontca?  

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
7 posted 2008-10-01 10:03 PM

Nice thoughts...we will be bailed out when they arrest enough of the Crooks of Wall Street to scare the rest of them enough to either flee this Country or turn themselves in...until then I'm afraid its more of the same Greedy Manipulation of the Market...James
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
8 posted 2008-10-02 01:58 PM

Helen

First let me assure you that God LOVES pets and all of them automatically go to Heaven because they have no sin at all.  Flicka, my beloved horse, has been there for 6 years, 5 months and 4 days and he welcomes all animals and most people at the gate.  He adores all animals and people and they all adore him back.  He will love you and your pets when you go there, hopefully only in a few hundred years' time.

Secondly, my heart is in ribbons for you.  I love my home very much and will also lose mine if I don't get a job very, very soon.  I was an estate agent for 5 years, but the last about 18 months that I was there, the markets had slumped badly and I was earning nothing and I was temping as well (but that doesn't bring in much) from June of last year and left being an estate agent at the end of last year.  I had to surrender my retirement annuity to pay my arrears mortgage bond and electricity etc.  I have temped since then and then landed up firstly in one so-called "permanent" job as a manager of a call centre where I was expected to be a monster and refused, so that didn't work - then after a while I got another so-called "permanent" job working for a monster where I was the 7th or 8th to leave in 2 months.  I am now jobless and job-hunting with a passion.  For the last couple of years, I eat between about 2 and 4 slices of bread and peanut butter a day  (with now and then a treat like a small packet of sultanas or something similar) and 1 cup of cheap coffee and several cups of cheap tea.  So, I know how you feel.  My cat and dog get the very best cat and dog food that is suited to their requirements ()as did my Flicka, when he was alive), and so far I have managed not to have to change it.  I went for an interview today, for what seems like a very nice job - there is even a cat that drops in during the day from a house in the neighbourhood - and even the people seem nice.  I am hoping and praying I get it - I will know (I am told) in a couple of days. Sorry about all of that, but it was mainly to let you know that I understand - in as far as one can understand another's plight.

I am glad you have found a place to rent.  I am glad you won the moral dilemma by resigning.  Going back was not "going back".  It was looking after yourself and your pets.  Nothing negates that you left in the first place.  I know the tears and fears of no job and having pets to care for.  

Hugs and hopes and prayers that things will go better for you (and all of America) as soon as possible

- Owl

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
9 posted 2008-10-02 09:52 PM

quote:

I can tell you how, in one word, sweetheart...

Those who could vote

didn't.

And it doesn't start at the top...

it truly starts at the bottom.

You raised some very great and good concerns.
But as a wise man once said, "how can you tell
the government how to operate
if you cannot clean out your own closet?"

So while I'm not telling you to clean out
your closet, do remember that we have to start
with our local governments, and work our way UP!

And it CAN be done!

And it can start in less than a few weeks.

My heart is with you, as are my prayers.
We all need to get out of this mess, and it
seems that the government has once again put
it in OUR hands to do so.

Sending my love and

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
10 posted 2008-10-02 11:53 PM

Ah,DearOneSlick~
You'll do just fine honey ... you have the internal fortitude to come out on top somehow or another~

I believe that for you ...~

Good luck, sweets~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -               noles1@totcon.com

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
highways, & byways, for now
11 posted 2008-10-03 04:32 PM

1slick_lady,

I see that you're still writing with many feelings, as always. Sorry to hear how things are going for you, but they will pass. At times we wonder when, but they do in time. Wishing you well...

BC

Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
12 posted 2008-10-03 10:30 PM

Sending a gentle hug...and some kind words.
Sad to say there are many others in the same
boat...and it leaks.

Krishankins
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-06-23
Posts 972
Texas
13 posted 2008-10-05 12:25 PM

Sweet Helen. Long has it been since I have read your lovely lines. My days have been filled with overwhelming obligation and distress. I thought of how I use to come here and just read the thoughts that you, and others, would pour out like colors on a blank canvas and it made me want for that solice again. This is the first post I came to, as yours usually is, and my heart ached more for you with every line I read. To me, all of you here have been a comfort over the years. I never really imagined that reality would find this place, these people, my friends. I am sorrowful today. For today is the day that I have a friend who is hurting. You have a love reaching across the stars tonight Helen. I hope it finds you safe.
steavenr
Member Elite
since 2003-11-17
Posts 4058

14 posted 2008-10-05 01:42 AM

I think I must have read this at least a half a dozen times or more.  Funny, I spend my life trying to help folks in times of difficulty and here I find myself with so little to say.  Perhaps it is because you have said it all.  Your words say, "I am strong; I have overcome and I will do so again."  You don't need me wishing you good luck.  You have something far greater--you have character.

Needless to say, excellent write.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
15 posted 2008-10-05 07:33 AM

Helen, I've been reading your works for a long time and, for me, this is one of the best, not only for the subject matter, not only for the compassion it induces, but for the way the phrases are so real and flow so easily as to cause the reader to immediately identify and nod. It's excellent writing, miss..
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
16 posted 2008-10-05 07:42 AM

You wrote something here that touches the heart, one cannot remain indifferent. It is a tough situation and you speak for many.

Powerful and frighteningly real for so many.

Love,
Margherita

Robert E. Jordan
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-25
Posts 8541
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
17 posted 2008-10-05 09:07 AM

Yo 1slick_lady,

Hang in there Hon.  Don't worry, heaven is full of pets.  All your friends will be there and none of your enemies.

Love Bobby

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
18 posted 2008-10-12 11:02 AM

there is no credit in heaven
and I sit here and wonder
I just hope I can rent there
and do they allow pets

Your plight would touch me at any time... but it's especially poignant as I try to pick up my own pieces and find a place for me, pieces and pets to carry on.

They say that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger... I just never wanted to give Hercules and Atlas any competition and know you didn't, either. *S*

For what it's worth, you have my admiration... both for your fortitude and your poetry. *S*

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
19 posted 2008-10-15 12:49 PM

Helen,

You touched me deeply with your writing.  I often go to read when you post, and I am so glad that I came here tonight.

The emotion just reaches out and grabs at me.  I, too, hope that all works out for you.  I also understand the anger and frustration that wrapped around me as I read.

A

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Who Is Gonna Bail Me Out?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary