navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » I, The Betrayor (For One I Will Always Call Z)
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic I, The Betrayor (For One I Will Always Call Z) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rachaelfuchsberger
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2007-02-21
Posts 609
Las Vegas, NV

0 posted 2008-07-05 10:40 PM

I, the betrayor,
Promised that I'd never,
Lose contact with the clever,
The one who, forever,
Will I remember.

Z, my sister,
Always the wisher,
Always missing her Mister,
Living dispite the blister,
Of the cold Alaskan winter.

I, the betrayor,
Lost you forever,
Because I left in a fervor,
And I didn't have the humor,
To give the warning to her.

I, the betrayor.

Arana Darkwolf

© Copyright 2008 Rachael Fuchsberger - All Rights Reserved
rachaelfuchsberger
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2007-02-21
Posts 609
Las Vegas, NV
1 posted 2008-07-05 10:46 PM

P.S. Z, you know who you are, and I miss you so much. I broke a promise, and now I pay the price. Thank you for absolutely everything you showed me I could be, and all the kindness I saw in your humanity. Thank you.

Arana Darkwolf

XGarapanX
since 2008-06-19
Posts 1435
Antarctica
2 posted 2008-07-05 11:21 PM

This makes a fellow all the sadder when he learns it's based on a true tale. But it looks like a courageous comeback is on the mount. Wonderfully moving.

·´~`·­»Garapan«­·´~`·

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
3 posted 2008-07-06 12:23 PM

Rachel, Rachel, Rachel!

Welcome back to the land of poems and friendship.  You did not betray our friendship at all.  You live life.  That is different and totally wonderful.  I got your email - and simply felt happy that you are happy.  You can come in and out of my life any old time - no apologies for taking time out to enjoy the real around you.

It's good to hear from you, but .. you are NOT a betrayer.  Sorry I have to be the one to break that to you.  But, that's what friends are for, right?

Love,
z

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
4 posted 2008-07-06 02:53 AM

Oh, what a lovely happy ending!  I love happy endings!

Lovely poem, Rachael, and what a beautiful friendship has been saved because you did something about it!

And what a wonderful friend Alison is!  And although I don't know you, Rachael (although your poem and intention says a lot of great things about you), any friend of Alison's has to be lovely.

- Owl

XGarapanX
since 2008-06-19
Posts 1435
Antarctica
5 posted 2008-07-06 03:14 AM

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!! Indeed a happy ending!!!!!!!!!!! Such beautiful people. Mmm mmm mmm. Makes me feel all yummy inside. Group hug. Group hug is in order here. Although, I can't quite fit into this thread... *squeeze*

Now, Alison, you are larger than life and are now my hero. Rachel, please cast aside the guilt or remorse or what have you and embrace your friend. If not, I'm going to steal her.

·´~`·­»Garapan«­·´~`·

rachaelfuchsberger
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2007-02-21
Posts 609
Las Vegas, NV
6 posted 2008-07-06 12:49 PM

Thank you so much, Z. To the rest of you, thank you all as well. I missed being able to come here and read all the lovely, sad, angry, happy, joyous and beautiful works here. Z, you know you mean so much to me. Thank you.

Arana Darkwolf

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » I, The Betrayor (For One I Will Always Call Z)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary