navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » What still delight me
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic What still delight me Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea

0 posted 2008-06-27 12:23 PM

What still delight me,
it is that there is dirt tracks ,
some dust which flies,
silent lights above the dawns.

It is also that there are words of bear,
insects which crash on windscreens,
that we can get lost in a forest.

What still delight me is the healthy indifference,
the transparency of rivers,
the height of giant sequoias
and the simple idea that they exist.
I couldn’t live without such moments.

© Copyright 2008 yann rolland - All Rights Reserved
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
1 posted 2008-06-27 12:37 PM

I love your poem, Yann and your unique mix of delights.

We share the same delights - except for darling little insects crashing on windscreens - and I am not sure whether healthy indifference delights me - but all the rest I love.  

I am surprised to find somebody who shares my delight about dirt tracks or roads and being lost in a forest.  

I was once lost in a forest - and it was absolutely exhilerating!  I was late to meet the Dendrological Society in a forest quite far away, and they had already left.  I tried to catch up with them and got lost in the process.  The idea of being alone with all those trees and plants and birds and the clean, earthy smells was wonderful.  I had lunch with me and in case I was going to be there overnight, I worked out how often I could take a bite of it so that it would last.  I didn't catch up with them - or even bump into them by mistake, but I got out of the forest eventually, but was on an ecstatically happy high while I was lost.  

- Owl

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
2 posted 2008-06-27 12:42 PM

Hello  Owl, thanks to you for sharing your thoughts, I think it is easier to live that kind of things in Africa that in Europe..We have so few forests and Nature....All here are fields with corn and cows, difficult to be a poet here...
About the healthy indifference, it's when people notice you in a gentle way without thinking to you when they see you...It's so rare here....

Huglets

yann

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
3 posted 2008-06-27 12:56 PM

You know Yann, I didn't realise that there are only a few forests in Europe.  That is so very, very sad.  I adore cows and I think fields of corn are beautiful, but I would die in Europe because I need forests like I need oxygen to breathe, aside from the fact that we need natural forests - amongst many reasons, to save the world from the effects of global warming.  

I don't fully understand what you meant in your explanation of the healthy indifference, but I think I understand a little of what you mean.

Huglets to you too
- Owl

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
4 posted 2008-06-27 01:02 PM

Dear Owl, you were a good teacher for sure but you are not a good pupil cause you know everything...

I think indifference doesn't exist but I would enjoy if people were not so close or not so far, I would like a better balance in relationships...

yann

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
5 posted 2008-06-27 01:08 PM

Oh, I see what you mean now.  Balance is always good.  However, some close relationships, especially within a family are very good, but some, I agree, are claustrophobic and/or damaging.

- Owl

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
6 posted 2008-06-28 02:11 AM

Lovely poem, yann. I enjoy many of the same things and They are disappearing much to fast for my liking.
                              Ida

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
7 posted 2008-06-28 03:18 AM

Hello Ida, i understand what you say....When I travelled in the Wild West ihave been overwhelmed by the beauty of the scenery, there we could feel the hand of God...I've travelled in about 15 countries outside Europe and I've not seen such beauty anywhere...I hope american will be clever enough to preserve it...It is really our soul, not the buildings....

thanks for commenting so kindly.

Yann

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
8 posted 2008-06-28 03:50 AM

Nice...James
Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
9 posted 2008-06-28 03:56 AM

Yannn.. you have a very delightful way of expressing your love of nature and beauty... enjoyed this from you ... love RDB

only 54 more sleeps!!

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
10 posted 2008-06-28 04:20 AM

Hello James, your comments are always appreciated...

yann

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
11 posted 2008-06-28 04:26 AM

Hello Roniece, it's the  morning here so it must be the evening in Sydney so now it's almost 53, For me now it is the summer vacations and only good time....I should have been in Australia since a long time if there was not so long time in planes; i'm a little scared by that....I think my poem can talk to australian citizens more than to europeans...You must have dirt tracks and sensation of vastness there...

have a nice day

yann

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
12 posted 2008-06-28 08:47 AM

There is such delight in being aware of the beauty of nature and you express this very well, dear Yann. Enjoyed the peek into your psyche.

Every corner of the world has its own beauty, I believe. As for the poetic inspiration, this can happen also in a crowded underground, no doubt, which is about the most desolate place normally ...
Hearts communicate everywhere ...

But of course I agree that open space and forests recharge our energies and connect us to All there is in a much more impactful way.

Love and joy.
Margherita

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
13 posted 2008-06-28 09:00 AM

Hi dear Margherita, perhaps we need both of them, the people and the nature for different matters, people for exchanging and sharing and Nature for freedom and reconstructing...I hope about that that you have seen the wonderful and exhilarating film of Sean Penn INTO THE WILD....It is really awesome with great and profound poetry....A must have seen movie....
Thanks above all for your always nice and appreciated comments and poems...

love

yann

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » What still delight me

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary