navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Too Lonely
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic Too Lonely Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jaime Fradera
since 2000-11-25
Posts 843
Where no tyranny is tolerable

0 posted 2008-06-22 03:56 PM

Bit too lonely
to write of it right now.
Maybe they're just busy ...
have to stuff and get over it ...
Little to talk of anyway ...

A bit too lonely
to write of it right now.
Maybe they're just busy ...
have to stuff and get over it ...

© Copyright 2008 The Sun - All Rights Reserved
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
1 posted 2008-06-22 06:29 PM

Jaime,

This reminds me a bit of my cigarette poem - it too was about feeling lonely.  Lonely times can be just such a hurdle to get over, but know what?  Every poem that you write shows a bit more of the inside of you - and you have made me smile, laugh out loud, think and feel for (and with) you.  My emails to you don't seem to be reaching you - did you get the one that I wrote yesterday?  

I am thinking of you and sending hugs your way,

Ali

Jaime Fradera
since 2000-11-25
Posts 843
2 posted 2008-06-22 10:02 PM

Alison!
Thank you for commenting/reading me!
Your msg is so comforting to me tonight.  It tells me it's okay and ... well, that it's okay. And you know what?  I looked and looked, and can not find your e-mail.  Bit I think this is normal not to get email, or rather, people have other stuff going on in their lives, preoccupied with work and have other such stuff, and do not have  the time to sit around drawing SSI and writing.  So I try to be patient and remember that my cyber friends may write AS and WHEN they can.
And this is the first indication that my e-mail may not be working properly ... This is annoying, but comforting too, and now I know that it's not like everybody suddenly decided to ignore me, but I know that could not possibly be true.
If I seem inordinately preoccupied with email, this is the explanation.
I can use the telephone, in a limited way and with much concentration, and even though I have new listening tools, the ear damage and hearing loss is severe.  This tends to cut me out of social things where one has to be able to hear.  I the fore hang out with others who understand about my deafness and blindness and may have patience with me.
But even as I slowly went deaf, I was learning to surf.  And here in cyber space through electronic writing and posting, I found a way to reach out and touch and get to know others in a deep and special way that would not be possible, ordinarily, like at some party.  I actually do have a conventional social life, in church and when I am in school, but 90 percent of the fun time is doing such stuff as this on Pip and similar places.  And it doesn't matter that I can not here to do it.  It fires my imagination to learn about the lives of others so far, far away, like in Alaska and down under.  As when I had this funny dream about muskegs  Like I wonder have all the ice jams gone out and are the sceeters out for summer vacation?  And it gives me so much gratification when others tell me how something I have written meant so much to them.
And at times I fret if I don't think I'm getting enough email, (when I could hear I would go on and on over the telephone). but I deal with that by imagining the other person is there and it is just the circumstances, through fantasy, and through reading and rereading previous messages that tell me it is okay.  I call this my "stroke" system.  It may sound a bit corny, but I keep emails in the inbox because they are like magic eggs that keep giving and giving and that never get exhausted.
When I hesitate to email others, it's usually because I do not want to seem to be pursuing or bugging them with too many messages, but I am glad that, at times, the problem may not have anything to do with me or someone trying to reach me.
Thank you for writing to comment, Ali, it is the best thing to happen with me today!
Loves and hugs
Jaime
BTW is anybody here on IM windows messenger so that we could talk?
I only have one contact, But Sunshine and I trade smilies when she turns on her computer.
Now I lay me down to sleep ...

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
3 posted 2008-06-22 10:14 PM

Hi Jaime,

I added you to my IM a few minutes ago, but you don't seem to be on line.  I don't know what is going on with your email, but every time you email me I write right back to you.  I always get a message saying that the message was not delivered.  So, I started emailing from PiP and it seems that you are not getting those either.  I have no idea what is going on, but I do know that I do write and I am sorry that you never got my notes.  

I hope that you feel less lonely - it is a sucky feeling, isn't it?

And yes, those pesky skeeters are out in full force.  I load up with bug dope and try to imagine that they don't exist.  Doesn't work tho.

Ali

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
4 posted 2008-06-22 10:43 PM

Jaime,

I just got my PiP email back to with the following message:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed.

Then it lists your email address.

I don't know what is going on but I don't think that you are receiving your emails.

A

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
5 posted 2008-06-22 10:51 PM

Jaime, I replied to your lovely email but it was returned undelivered. So I copied it and then sent it via pip. I hope you get it.
I have always responded to your kind emails that you have sent to me. I now feel badly about the possibility that you hadn't received the ones that I sent to you in return. You are not as alone as you may think, my friend.

Giving you a warm hug,
Linda

[This message has been edited by Earth Angel (06-22-2008 11:52 PM).]

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
6 posted 2008-06-23 05:50 PM

Your words, dear Jaime, convey your loneliness in a poignant way.
Across the world I send you a big tender hug and I am asking your Angel to make you meet some new people who will have time to share with you, so that your days fill with joy.

Love,
Margherita

Jaime Fradera
since 2000-11-25
Posts 843
7 posted 2008-06-23 10:45 PM

Thank you Marg, and everybody... it is with gentle and peaceful thoughts that I lay me down to sleep.
I am sorry if I may have seemed such a gripe over why doen't anybody write me anymore, but now I know that the trouble resides on some server.
Hope this clears up soon, in the mean time, I must be very, very patient ...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Too Lonely

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary