navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Slow Motion
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic Slow Motion Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
KeyLimeSorbet
since 2008-03-05
Posts 74
Colorado

0 posted 2008-06-20 11:26 PM

I saw it coming, but couldnt breathe when I knew what would happen.
I always thought I wanted to help people,
But when given the chance, I helped myself.

Even worse-
When I realized what I had done, did I go back to fix it? Did I go back to help?
No. Instead I refused to admit I was wrong.
Self-justification is, at times, inevitable, but when you know youre doing it, there's guilt.
Everything that could have gone wrong made sense.

A couple bruises here, some scratches there, those things cause no pain compared to what I was forced to learn.
I learned vanity- some people are always out for themselves.
I learned innocence- some people trust others without questioning whether or not they should.
I learned quality- a person can be abandoned when they are in a time of need by people they think they can trust, be alone, and still say sorry.

© Copyright 2008 Rachelle Sparks - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2008-06-21 04:54 AM

Yes, you say this well, Rachelle.

It is in interacting with others that we learn our lessons, no doubt.

When we grow in the awareness of being individuals that form a single WHOLE, then we realize that whatever we do to others we do it to ourselves.

You offer interesting self-analysis.

Love,
Margherita

XGarapanX
since 2008-06-19
Posts 1435
Antarctica
2 posted 2008-06-21 10:59 AM

Definitely an interesting insight and a sage session of sober self-analysis. I think it's possible that most people have to choose a coward's retreat before the noble self-sacrificing side of the psyche is permanantly empowered with subjective self-disgust. Don't ask me to say that again. That hurt my head.

·´~`·­»Garapan«­·´~`·

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Slow Motion

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary