navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Escape this place
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic Escape this place Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rick
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 2903
Victoria, Australia

0 posted 2008-06-12 06:52 AM

To find a way to fill our need
To just escape and feel a dream
To glide and view the world below
To see some sights one could not know
To be where God has been

To sing with freedom on the way
To be a part of breeze and earth
To find what people long and seek
To perch upon some highest peak
To find that inner worth

To be that Dove which harbors peace
That symbol people know and love
Be Sparrow or the Parrot rare
The Magpie or the Cocky there
That fill the skies above

Just as birds let’s fly away
To farthest reaches of this land
Where peace and silence clear the mind
Where freedom on the wing we find
And beauty understand

© Copyright 2008 Rick Van Weenen - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2008-06-12 08:04 AM

quote:
To sing with freedom on the way
To be a part of breeze and earth
To find what people long and seek
To perch upon some highest peak
To find that inner worth

Yes, dear Rick, these are wonderful feelings, very very beautifully expressed.

A wonderful poem.

Love,
Margherita

K-K
since 2008-03-13
Posts 153
Indiana
2 posted 2008-06-12 11:46 AM

I want to be there, the picture you have painted in my mind. Utopia? Thanks for the moment!
Rick
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 2903
Victoria, Australia
3 posted 2008-06-12 03:37 PM

Dear Margherita, wouldn't it be wonderful to be like the bird, have freedom of flight and see what they see from above, I can only just imagine. Thank yoiu for the reply here my friend, always great to have you visit, I enjoyed.

K-K, we should fly together for a while and experience all we can my friend, our feet tied to earth limits us too much, it is so lucky we have our imaginations to play with. Thank you for your reply, very much appreciated once again.

To you both my friends, have a great day adn take care till next time.

Sincerely
Rick

LindsayP
Member Elite
since 2007-07-28
Posts 3410
Australia, Victoria
4 posted 2008-06-12 09:57 PM

Great poem Rick, I like the style.

Keep up the good work.

Lindsay

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
5 posted 2008-06-12 11:31 PM

Dear Rick,

You must be reading my mind, I was thinking of writing a poem, the subject matter was on getting away, escaping, flying free,
you have penned my thoughts...

nice to see we are on the same wavelength...

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
6 posted 2008-06-13 02:10 AM

Rick,

I'd love to fly like the Magpie and talk like the Magpie.  I love that bird - it's my favorite!

Love this poem.

Alison

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
7 posted 2008-06-13 03:21 AM

We all need to escape sometimes and flight would be perfect.
                               Ida

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
8 posted 2008-06-13 05:51 AM

Rick... wonderful gifting here.. superb and wonderful -ooops I repeated myself but you know I think you are some kind of wonderful with your beautiful words... love RDB

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

Rick
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 2903
Victoria, Australia
9 posted 2008-06-13 09:06 PM

Hi Lindsay, great to get your reply my friend, always very much appreciated, thank you.

Dear Romantic Heart, we are indeed on the same wave length my friend, lets journey there together even if it is in pretend. Thank you for your visit.

Dear Alison, I love the Magpies as well, I feed a whole family of them here most days and they sound wonderful, thank you for your reply my friend.

Dear Ida, all we can do is imagine, and that is what I am doing now, thank you for you visit and rely my friend.

Dear Roniece, you say the most lovely things to me, thank you so much for being a part of my happiness here, very much appreciated.

To you all my friends, again thank you for your visit, you are all great people, have fun and take care.

Rick

Richy
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 3050

10 posted 2008-06-15 04:01 PM

Rick my good friend, I was going to swing by in one of my Lear Jets down Aussie way to pick you up for a quick aroundabout, but than I forgot, they are all in the shop, Snap! I hate it when that happens! (lol)

Even though I'm not all that keen of heights I always hog the window seat whenever we travel somewhere. I'm one of those map and topography freaks as well, always love the perspective of looking down at the locations below.

Great pen here dear sir, so nice to hear from you again. Thanks for the wonderful review of my post! You are and always will be my idea of a gentleman's gentleman.

Have a writetous day me mate!
Rich

vandana
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Patricius
since 1999-10-22
Posts 10463
USA
11 posted 2008-06-15 06:53 PM

good read
Rick
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 2903
Victoria, Australia
12 posted 2008-06-17 03:43 PM

Hi Rich, always great to get your replies my friend, it was a pleasure reading your works and commenting, I appreciate your visit here and the words which make me smile, thank you, have a wonderful day and take care.

vandana, good having you comment here, I am glad you enjoyed the read my friend, thank you for the visit and time.

Rick

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Escape this place

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary