navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Loneliness
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic Loneliness Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SarBear
since 2003-06-05
Posts 205
Massachusetts

0 posted 2008-06-09 07:57 PM

Alone in my lonely world again,
I am no stranger to this place.
Confused, scared, unsure.
No one to talk to,
no one to understand.
My heart beats and my head pounds,
eyes close, no sounds.
Simplicity is fiction,
reality is harsh.
Innocence disappeared so long ago,
and what I know now weighs me down.
Wishing for so many things,
it never does any good.
Waiting and hoping for things to change,
but I always return to this lonely space.
Sleep is my only escape and I find myself slipping away.
My ties to others have been cut,
I no longer feel any connection to ones I once loved,
I believe they watched the wall now between us being built up.
Trust no longer comes,
doubt is on the tip of my tongue.
Words pile up inside,
never to be heard.

© Copyright 2008 Sara Connolly - All Rights Reserved
Robert E. Jordan
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-25
Posts 8541
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 posted 2008-06-09 09:14 PM

Yo SarBear,

I like the words you have put together here.  I never truly let it show, but Felix and I feel that way at times.

It can happen anywhere, even here in Philly.

Bobby

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
2 posted 2008-06-11 03:22 AM

SarBear, your poem is beautiful.  I think that often the rest of the world seems "sorted out", but if we only knew of each others' problems, I think we would have a completely different picture.  In one way or another, we all have crosses to bear.  Some people who appear to have it all, are very empty inside.  Often our loneliness and longing serves at least one purpose.  If we can find that purpose, we can make a difference to at least one other person.  And without wanting to sound like a goody-two-shoes (I wonder where that saying comes from?), it really does bring warmth and a certain amount of happiness to onself.  We all need to feel wanted and needed, and even if that is never by the people we would like to want and need us, it is better than being unwanted and unneeded by all.  Without wanting to sound like a schoolteacher (I used to be one), try doing something positive (big - like something that involves spending time, or even a little money, but not too much - or small - like a smile) for 10 different people today.  Include yourself as one of those 10.  My guess is that at least one of those little acts of kindness will come back to you in one way or another if you look carefully.  

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs

- Owl

graeshine2006
since 2008-06-03
Posts 368
The Prairie Lands, USA
3 posted 2008-06-11 12:15 PM

Wishing you the best.  One thing I do know - is everything changes.  Here's hoping it changes for the best!
deb

K-K
since 2008-03-13
Posts 153
Indiana
4 posted 2008-06-11 12:54 PM

I completely agree with OWL. Also surround yourself with positive things, do something different that makes you happy, not everyone else. Best Wishes, nice write
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
5 posted 2008-06-11 01:40 PM

My goodness, girlfriend! You certainly know how to express and emote! ~ both poetically and convincingly! Very well done!

Now, as for the subject matter, that does sadden me. You are getting into dangerous territory when those walls begin to grow higher and higher and if you begins to disassociate.

In my own personal experience, I have found that others do not knock those walls down. I have had to do it! ~ Sheesh! Do I have to do everything?!? LOL

I do believe that 'like attracts like' ~ and Light attracts Light. If we make the effort to be like what we want to attract in our life, more positivity eventually comes our way. It isn't always easy, but I have found the effort to be worth it.

Giving you a warm, compassionate hug ~ and dittoing our Wise OWL,

EA

LindsayP
Member Elite
since 2007-07-28
Posts 3410
Australia, Victoria
6 posted 2008-06-12 01:18 AM

Sarbear I really feel for you my dear. It doesn't feel right that one so lovely as you
Should feel so down. I certainly agree with Owl and her suggestions, but also have you ever thought of taking up a volunteer job, even just a few hours a week. You meet a lot of new people and soon make new friends. But most of all you will soon feel wanted and valued as a friend. Good luck
and God Bless

Lindsay

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Loneliness

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary