navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Lost Big Brother
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic Lost Big Brother Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
K-K
since 2008-03-13
Posts 153
Indiana

0 posted 2008-06-06 10:26 AM

Each day that passes
is as hard as the one before.
The love that we share
drags us through another door
To move on with life
in a normal fashion
just isn't the same
with our loss of passion
But we know to be strong
when we look in his eyes
The pain he is feeling
is no big surprise
He is the big brother
of the one lost so young
He holds back the tears,
his head always hung
He reminds us each day
of the life that once was
Everything so similar
in all that he does
He misses his bubby
with each passing day
And wishes he was there
for all the games to play
We know he is sad
and can feel his pain
Not having him here
just isn't the same
We hope that some day
his big brother will see
That our little guy
is now forever pain free
And when the day comes
For us all to reunite
Maybe then they can both
sleep in peace through the night.

To Conner, Cory's big brother
Who guided and protected him
every day of his short life
XOXOXOXOXO

© Copyright 2008 Kris Cross - All Rights Reserved
graeshine2006
since 2008-06-03
Posts 368
The Prairie Lands, USA
1 posted 2008-06-06 12:13 PM

Oh my gosh - this is so beautiful.  Bless that little boy and you.  Time heals they say, but luckily never forgets... his memory lives on in your thoughts and these lovely words.
Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
2 posted 2008-06-06 01:22 PM

This is beautiful and touching, Kris and I understand it so well because even though my daughters were 33 and 34 when the oldest one passed away, I see how much my daughter misses her every day. Thank God she has two daughters of her own, and now, a grandaughter.
But losing her sister left a huge void in her life that can never be filled.
                           Love,
                             Ida

Ray Sharpe
since 2008-05-29
Posts 112
Tenerife
3 posted 2008-06-06 01:32 PM

It´s hard to know what words to write for such a beautiful poem about such a sad event in all your of your lives .....so I will leave it at that.
Ray

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2008-06-06 03:23 PM

Kris, the weight of this is heavy, whether an elder sibling, or a younger one - and I don't think it ever really matters at what age we lose them...

the pain of the loss is always there.

K-K
since 2008-03-13
Posts 153
Indiana
5 posted 2008-06-07 11:12 AM

I thank you all for your kind words. The grief of losing our little Cory has been so deep, there really are no words. The loss of a child is something No person should ever face, but we continue on in his memory daily. Ida Thank you for your thoughts. I know how much you can relate. Bless you sweet one!!
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
6 posted 2008-06-07 01:04 PM

K, this poem is a loving, compassionate piece of your heart with which you have gifted your son Connor.

I can only imagine how difficult it must be to see the pain in his eyes on the loss of his younger brother Cory. This alone, compounds your own pain in losing him. I am deeply saddened by what your family has had to endure.

May the sorrow fade with the morrows ~ but may the wonderful memories of Cory be with you forever and a day. God bless each and every one of you!

Love & Eternal Light,
Linda

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
7 posted 2008-06-07 02:22 PM

How wonderful of you to see past your own grief to that of your son.  I too have lost a son and he has two sisters to mourn his passing with all the wonderful memories of their big brother.  Please give Your sweet boy a hug for me.  Love, Joyce
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
8 posted 2008-06-07 11:50 PM

K-K,

So beautiful.  Thank you for sharing your heart with us.

A

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
9 posted 2008-06-08 06:15 AM

This is so heartwrenching and makes me want to reach out with a big hug. This kind of sorrow is never easy, but the thought that love is an undying energy may comfort the hearts just a little bit and will make it easier in time ...

Love,
Margherita

K-K
since 2008-03-13
Posts 153
Indiana
10 posted 2008-06-08 02:19 PM

You are all so very sweet and I feel the Hugs already. Thank you so much for your appreciation and understanding. We are truly blessed, though we find it in many different ways, now.

Joyce-  I am so sorry for your loss as well. I hope you have found ways to find some sort of peace through all you have endured! Bless you always!!!

Thank you all again so much for your kindness

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

11 posted 2008-06-08 03:29 PM

Aww...hugs.

addressing grief is so difficult, but to convey the stoicism of the aftermath so poignantly is ...well, I hope it helped you to heal a bit. A sad situation, but the simplicity of your craft rendered a strange beauty to me as the love is so evident.

Well done, K-K.

K-K
since 2008-03-13
Posts 153
Indiana
12 posted 2008-06-11 10:19 AM

Thank you Serenity for understanding and feeling the emotion as I have. I am not a professional in poetry, just like to dabble in it for release. Hugs right back to you!!!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Lost Big Brother

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary