navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Yellow Rose/Ode to Earth Angel
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic Yellow Rose/Ode to Earth Angel Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Joe Crow
since 2007-12-18
Posts 66
Indiana

0 posted 2008-04-18 08:18 PM

Yellow Rose/Ode to Earth Angel

It was on the outskirts of county Cork and I was walking down the road and there I saw before me a single yellow rose. Now this one was a beauty, perfect and finely formed but when I reached to pluck her, she pricked me with her thorn. A few choice words I shouted out, no one there to hear, the drop of blood that came pooling up went falling like a tear but in my hand I held my prize, a fair trade, yes, I theorized, so I continued down the road, as happy as could be.

So when I got to Blarney creek I stopped to cool my feet. Kicked off my shoes and settled back by the place that's clear and deep. Twas there I caught behind me, a fair lass by a tree and when I asked her of her name she asked the same of me. Earth Angels what they call me, if you would like to know. I said hello to you Earth Angel, you can call me Joe. Then she said Joe if I'm not mistaken that would be my flower you're holding in your hand and you without invitation, you're a very forward man. I think it's time for you to go.

I said, hold on there now Earth Angel, I was walking down the road and there I saw before me this single yellow rose. She called my name so sweetly and even made me bleed and I'm thinking that this flower is surely mine to keep. So if you really want it, I must tell you this, it's a trade I'll be a wanting, would you trade me for a kiss? And Earth Angel said, and would you have me kissing a man that I just met when you already told me you were wed, why how soon you men forget?! I can see you're like all the others that come walking down my road, picking all my flowers, sniffing for my rose. Like I said before, it's time for you to go.

Earth Angel. There now girl, do my words cause you to blush and now you'd have me rushing off when we haven't even touched? This road may be yours but one day you'll sit beside my well and you'll know I picked this rose of yours to give to my sweet Michele. I can't help but walk down every road I'm led and back there where my finger bled from here on after every rose that blooms there will surely come up red. Maybe then you'll consider all the words I've said while I was passing by.

And now it's time for me to go farther down the road and it's been my pleasure to say hello signed sincerely, Joe.

Happy as can be.....

"May the things I know be limited only by my imagination"

© Copyright 2008 Joe Crow - All Rights Reserved
Seoulair
since 2008-03-27
Posts 807
Seoul S.Korea
1 posted 2008-04-18 08:46 PM

interesting. A rose with lost head and tainted thorn were crying somewhere.

Lovely

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
2 posted 2008-04-18 09:10 PM

smiles... oh Joe, this is such a beauty of a write, I'm sure our Earth Angel will be smiling big time when she reads it...!! thanks for sharing this and for bringing a smile to my day ... love RDB

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

effjayel
since 2007-09-30
Posts 1474
At the Crossroads of Infinity
3 posted 2008-04-19 05:24 AM

Well Joe, seeing as how I was instrumental in introducing you two, can I be best man at the wedding ???   John
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
4 posted 2008-04-22 06:39 PM

Dear Joe, I am so sorry to have not seen this beautiful ode before now. I have been away from pip for a bit and missed it.

You have quite the romantic imagination. I do believe that this is the first time that I have been a rose that was to be given to a man's wife! lol

Thank you so much for the ode, Joe!

I shall strip my thorns off so that they do not prick the hands of Michele.

With love and a huge smile,

Linda

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
5 posted 2008-04-25 11:17 AM

Wonderful poem to EA!

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Yellow Rose/Ode to Earth Angel

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary