navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #41 » Casablanca Storys
Open Poetry #41
Post A Reply Post New Topic Casablanca Storys Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2007-12-07 04:22 PM

Casablanca Storys

Before tomorrow is over and done, two men will lose their lives.  One man told nothing but the truth and one man lied about how a woman died.  One was truly innocent and one the cause of her death, none willing to wait to get the story straight, so a Casablanca firing squad will soon clear up this mess.  It was only a few days ago that a weary traveler pulled into this steamy town, stepping into the Alababba Club and laying his luggage down.  And this is where he met her though she was many tables away, admiring eyes soaked each other up and two hearts memorized that day.  Who might that lovely lady be he kindly ask an exotic dancer.  She bumped and swayed as she did say "Why that's the lovely Anna Miller."  But a warning to you my friend for she has been taken, for the notorious Monsieur Duvalle for her has already spoken.  And now Anna is his alone and if another man tries to win her heart the Monsieur has promised to slice up that mans heart.  Perhaps those words the dancer spoke would have scared a lesser man but to this weary traveler fear was a word he didn't understand.  For many years he had traveled the world fighting against oppression and now he was prepared to give any man that practiced it an enlightening lesson.  As he and Anna looked into each others eyes they liked what they did see so together they walked outside under a forest of graceful fig trees. In the moonlight the shadows couldn't tell them apart and the fig trees swayed from ocean breeze while Anna and the stranger shared stories from the heart.  Soon a kiss took center stage on lovers avenue while danger was near two hearts were sincere and life seemed fresh and new.  Twas then that she caught the gleam of Monsieur DuValles blade upon moonlight glow and she pushed the stranger away to save his life but couldn't stop the blow.  And now the blade strikes Anna's heart that was surely meant for mine and he pulled the blade from Anna's heat and attacked one more time.  I plucked the sword from his hand much too easily and then gendarme's approached the scene and took the sword away from me.  We both shared our storys but the gendarmes knew not who to believe so without a moments hesitation two arrests were achieved.  The judge seemed to know how to put this tragedy to rest as he sentenced us both to death upon a following sunset .  This was how justice to foreigners in Casablana was dispensed because I wasn't Arabic and Monsieur DuValle, though French, was a local rogue of which they preferred to dispense.   If we give you a last few words perhaps you will now confess, it seems sort of foolish to take a lie to your death.  Now tell us which of you was the real killer of the lovely Anna Miller.  The first man said "I'm innocent of any crime" and the second said "Don't believe him, he lies all the time."  Next day the foreign legion was dispached to carry out the deed, four men standing on the firing line, yet only two bullets did they need.  And now it's over just as the sun goes down and the gendarmes approach the two dead men lying on the ground.  The first has an evil frown frozen on his face and the second a beautiful smile that seems out of place.  The first will burn in hell for the evil deed he's done and the second is already in the arms of his sweet Anna to forever live as one.

JamesLee
07December
revisedfrom
07May2001

[This message has been edited by JamesMichael (12-07-2007 05:00 PM).]

© Copyright 2007 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
1 posted 2007-12-09 05:05 AM

Oh my James!!!  You captivated me to the very end!! WELL DONE!!! RDB

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
2 posted 2007-12-09 12:54 PM

Very good story, dear James. With a pure heart we never ever have anything to fear, you are right.

Love,
Margherita

ps I had read this yesterday and pondered over the rhymes I found in here and whether it was possible to present it in separated sentences. ?

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
3 posted 2007-12-09 01:07 PM

JamesMichael-

Lovely!!!!!!!!!

A very wonderful write!

ARCTIC WIND

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2007-12-09 02:28 PM

Thank you Roniece, Margherita and Artic Wind for wonderful responses...
Margherita perhaps it could be, but I wanted to keep it tight...James

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #41 » Casablanca Storys

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary