navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #40 » All My Some Days
Open Poetry #40
Post A Reply Post New Topic All My Some Days Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
aziza
Member Elite
since 2006-07-09
Posts 2995
Lumpy Oatmeal makes me Crazy!

0 posted 2007-06-23 11:17 AM

All My Some Days

I’ll get over the hurt of your silence someday
The hole that has been carved will fill someday
And someday I will think of you without tears

I may never understand but I will accept someday

I let you into my life like few others
I held you close to my heart
I may never know what I did to make you quiet

Someday I may accept what I don’t understand

All I can do is know that I’ll get over the pain someday
This hollow feeling will dissipate into a memory someday
And someday I will think of you and smile

Know that I will love you all days.

---

Alison

© Copyright 2007 Alison - All Rights Reserved
Angel4aKing
since 2006-09-27
Posts 1372
USA
1 posted 2007-06-23 11:20 AM

Alison,
I too hope this isn't a reflection of what you are going through right now. When the hole is filled it is heavier than before trust me I know!!! Take care my friend, JulieAnn

~~~kingsangel~~~

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
2 posted 2007-06-23 11:48 AM

understand this well

too well

aziza
Member Elite
since 2006-07-09
Posts 2995
3 posted 2007-06-23 04:30 PM

Thank you both

Yep, sometimes friends move on
and we just don't know why.

Maybe someday I'll know

A

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
4 posted 2007-06-24 01:34 AM

"And someday I will think of you and smile

Know that I will love you all days"

the pain lessens but the missing seems to stay a dull ache in the heart...and the question of why never does stop circling in my head...
I felt this

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
5 posted 2007-06-24 02:12 AM

Alison... these words speak volumes!  thank you for sharing a piece of your heart with us.. RDB

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

divine chaos
since 2006-07-09
Posts 617
dancing 'neath the moon
6 posted 2007-06-24 12:36 PM

Ali, some days we feel so down with
our own troubles that we are silent
because we don't want to burden our friends
and we don't always realize that
our silence burdens our friends more
than our troubles would.  

keep that in mind honey

I love you
Sheli

By words the mind is winged
~Aristophanes~

Robert Jordan
since 2007-02-07
Posts 392
Philadelphia Pa USA
7 posted 2007-06-24 12:50 PM

Aziza,

Overuse of a single word in a poem is never a good idea.

Bobby

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
8 posted 2007-06-24 01:40 PM

A repeat for Azizia

The Door to Love
The door to love, gone past it's prime
Should be closed.
The memories alone should keep that love alive.
End it, before the embers die.

If you should need to leave, or say goodbye
Do not be distraught.
For I have harvested memories so grand,
That they alone will sustain me,
And leave me with smiles and sparkling eyes.
I would never be alone,
For I have memories to call upon.
A gift to me from you.

Jo Perry  

Azzia,It is for my late husband, who had no choice but to leave me, for a dear woman friend dying of cancer and for a brief love affair shared in between those times. It fits all I think..I have been around long enough to know that,  what ever love we receive from others should be treated as a cherished gift.  Sometimes it is time to go on, for what ever reason. We need to learn to let that other person go unselfishly. When it is time for someone to die it is only our selfishness that clings to their life.The same if it is time  for them to move on in other ways. Just my opinion. best, marty

aziza
Member Elite
since 2006-07-09
Posts 2995
9 posted 2007-06-24 03:44 PM

Thank you,JulieAnn - it's good to see you among us again.  I missed you.

A

------

Dixie darlin'

Thank you for understanding.

A

------

SEA

Sometimes I read your words and think they mirror my heart.  I love how you express yourself and your kindness shines.

A

------

RDB

Your responses to my words often lift my day.  You are a treasure in my mind.  Thank you.

A

-----

Sheli

You are right and I love you for saying it.  It's not like I am walking around with my chin to the ground though -- I do understand and know that sometimes things are not always as we would prefer.  Every day, the hurt lessens a bit and knowledge grows that the door had to close. It was only a matter of how it closed and when it closed.

I love you, my friend.
Alison

-----

Bobby

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and being honest.  You are right.  However, sometimes (grins at the use of the word) I write to release thoughts and emotions and an not concerned with flow.  Maybe someday I'll come back to a poem and think "Nice draft" and change it.  Also, I am always trying new ways to write and express.  My poetry is not following any pattern.  Sometimes things work and sometimes they don't.

It's all part of learning and that is why your comment is so important to me.

Thank you.
Alison

-----

martyjo

That is a powerful poem and I have saved it.  Perhaps it is hard to know when the door has closed.  Then when we realize it - accepting that it is closed.

With acceptance comes stages of grief.  A dying friendship is similar to death.  Compound that with two very real events woven together -- and it makes it even more painful.

Your words helped me see things in a more clear manner.  While I realize this is not about me - I do write the things that are inside me.  It's a way to sort my emotional laundry, so to speak.

I hope that I never treat love other than what it is -- that 'cherished gift' that you write of.

"We need to learn to let that other person go unselfishly. When it is time for someone to die it is only our selfishness that clings to their life.The same if it is time  for them to move on in other ways."

Very well said and very true.  It is also true that we need to reach that stage within ourselves.  We need to find that strength and peace to let go.  And that inner struggle is what you read in this poem.  It was not a poem shared with any individual.  It was the writing of the inner struggle on the road to finding peace.

Thank you so much for taking the time that you did to write.

It means a lot.

Alison

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
10 posted 2007-06-24 04:28 PM

Azzia, Had I not at one time been in that place of wondering why, I would not have been able to come up with that answer.It is not always about us. Though we will always wonder why... To let go is not really to forget. There is somethng in the human nature that wants to know. But if we can be generous enough to let it go, we reap the benefits of peace. Thank you for understanding my message. It did not come to me too easily and I understand what you are feeling. martyjo
aziza
Member Elite
since 2006-07-09
Posts 2995
11 posted 2007-06-24 04:40 PM

martyjo

I have always seen you as sensitive to others and very kind on the boards here at PiP.  I took your message as just that ... sensitive and kind.

I hold your thoughts close and really appreciate that you reached out like you did.

Please always know that you did help me and you offered me pieces of your life that are real and private.  What a wonderful gift!

Thank you again,
Alison

lilibeelee
since 2001-07-12
Posts 143

12 posted 2007-06-26 10:04 AM

good..
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #40 » All My Some Days

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary