navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #40 » I'm sorry
Open Poetry #40
Post A Reply Post New Topic I'm sorry Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jenna
since 2007-03-20
Posts 180

0 posted 2007-03-25 01:58 PM

I was wrong when I backed away and left you in the cold, pretending my heart was pure ice just so you couldnt see the warmth inside, the fire burning bright, the fire which never dies.

I was wrong to keep you at arms length so you didnt know which way to turn or how to enter my heart. I kept you at a distance marking off the route from your heart to mine, desparately keeping you away so you couldnt hear the beats of my heart which silently called your name.

I was wrong to keep my distance and push you away, leaving you stranded, alone and hurt. I couldnt have you near me, couldnt face what you would do, how you would slowly melt me into a pool of love and break down the walls that I so carefully built.

I was wrong to not trust you, to believe you would hurt me, I should have had faith and believed in your loving words which came from the depths of your soul and with such conviction and truth.

I was wrong to be scared, to be fearful of what you would do, how you could potentially break me and bring me to the ground. I should of known that you would carry me through the fiercest storms going and never falter in the steps that you took.

I've under-estimated your love, not had the faith in you that you deserve, been blind to what was in front of me.

I was wrong..

© Copyright 2007 Jenna - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2007-03-25 03:48 PM

Jenna~

You've summed it up with five VERY POWERFUL words -

'I was wrong' ... 'I'm sorry'

This is a strong write from the heart of honesty~

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -             noles1@totcon.com

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
2 posted 2007-04-16 11:14 PM

Lovely write.
MindBodySoul
since 2007-01-10
Posts 196
NJ
3 posted 2007-04-17 09:18 AM

WOW!!!!  This is a powerful write!  It is so difficult at times to allow someone in, due to fear..  I've done it, and I hurt that person.  I never got the chance to say "I'm Sorry"...  and I wish I had.  

Thank you for sharing

Jen--->MindBodySoul

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
4 posted 2007-04-17 09:24 AM

Jenna
So now you can take the next step. Enjoyed the read.

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

5 posted 2007-04-17 12:44 PM

Jenna
this was extraordinarily painted....

Rottiestyl
since 2007-04-19
Posts 60
Illinois, USA
6 posted 2007-04-25 06:06 PM

I can identify with this. I had the same thoughts before I got married. Always testing to see if it was all real and never believing it could be. Felt your turmoil on this one.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #40 » I'm sorry

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary