navwin » Main Forums » Corner Pub #3 » It's Lonely Here
Corner Pub #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic It's Lonely Here Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State

0 posted 2008-12-15 10:12 PM

For just a flash I saw her standing
Just outside the sliding door,
Forgetting that she'd not be asking
To be let in any more.
A week today now, since she left me,
A week that hasn't dried the tears.
I can't believe she's gone forever,
My sweet companion of five years.
Please don't take her to Doggie Heaven.
Susie would not be happy there.
She needs a human friend to care for
And the happy times to share.
When at some time in the future
I have climbed the golden stair
And St. Peter bids me "Enter",
I hope to find my Susie there.

Joyce Dec. 15

(Susie died Monday Dec. 8th at 4 pm.)

© Copyright 2008 Joyce I Johnson - All Rights Reserved
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
1 posted 2008-12-15 10:21 PM

Joyce,

My heart goes out to you.  I know that Susie will always be part of your life - just as my last dog will be part of mine.  When I go to heaven, I know I will be with my animals again.  How wonderful it will be to see them together and see them all together.  They will all like each other so much.

I know Christmas will be hard for you, but Merry Christmas and know that I think of you.

With love,
Alison

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
2 posted 2008-12-16 12:51 PM

Dear Joyce:

I am so very sorry to learn you have lost your Susie. It is such a painful experience I know. Something I find comofrting is a verse in Ecclesiastes concerning the death of animals and you might like to read it. Chapter 3, vs 19 through 21. It has helped me!

Love
Betty Lou

Betty Lou Hebert

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
3 posted 2008-12-16 01:00 AM

Oh dear I can not even imagine how hard it is to lose a faithful friend like a dog.  Hoping you meet up with your dear pet again one day as you would like Joyce.  I got a puppy two years ago for company, and she has been just wonderful, so I can't even fathom loosing her either.  
Anniepimm
since 2008-12-26
Posts 550
England
4 posted 2008-12-27 04:35 AM

Awww Joyce: Sorry to hear about your Susie the 8th of December is the date i lost my Son 3 years ago so i know how you feel,
Beautiful poem,
Bless you sweet Joyce...

Annie

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
5 posted 2008-12-27 08:46 PM

Thank you dear friends for your sympathy and Annie I am so sorry about your son.  Losing my dog does not measure up to that but I lost my only son ten years ago next February.  That is a tough one and I am so sorry that it happened to you.  Love, Joyce
Hope Fleeting
since 2009-02-23
Posts 52
Smalltown, Somewhere
6 posted 2009-02-25 12:10 PM

It's getting close to the time we're going to have to look at putting down my long time "fuzzy butt" due to health issues that will soon be causing more pain then anything.  I can relate all to well to this poem.

I'm sure your pal will be waiting with a wagging tail and goofy grin for you to walk into the gates with her.

~ Previously Known as Broken_Winged_Angel and BrokenWinged_Angel~

I know when to bow my head in defeat and move on...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Corner Pub #3 » It's Lonely Here

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary