navwin » Main Forums » Corner Pub #3 » The Polaroid: "I can't do this anymore"
Corner Pub #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Polaroid: "I can't do this anymore" Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
IntoTheRain
since 2006-01-29
Posts 51
Westwood, CA

0 posted 2007-09-13 07:03 AM

You can’t leave. You’re bound to the moment. Transfixed, caught in the vacant shadow of the crucified. A symmetry so familiar, acknowledging denial. Just feeling is thinking too much. Faultless of course, closed eyes wide open. A million rays of light all leading out. Darling, you follow only to swallow whole. One hundred years of hanging, looking with horror at restless seas below. Steady, leaving half as fast as you came. A hand draws back, onward towards the end. An open door begging for attention. Brave friend horizon, I’ve lost the certainty that you will live.

© Copyright 2007 Rob Sunderland - All Rights Reserved
moondogz
since 2007-05-01
Posts 397
Great White North
1 posted 2007-09-13 11:12 PM

hey rain, i really like this poem, "Transfixed, caught in the vacant shadow of the crucified."
wow..that sentence alone just knocks me out.
The whole poem is just excellent...thanks.

moon.

r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

2 posted 2007-09-15 10:00 AM

i'm going to need more time to ponder the words...interesting and intriguing poem!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Corner Pub #3 » The Polaroid: "I can't do this anymore"

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary