navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » Say It
Teen Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic Say It Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lady Ayla
since 2008-07-19
Posts 84
WV, United States

0 posted 2008-08-03 05:22 PM

There's that look again. The look that makes me annoyed, irritated. The look from that side of the family. C'est not a mean look, non. C'est that cautious look, that almost fake-love look, almost a hint of annoyance. I haven't been paying attention to my neice, better fork up some quality time. Right? I look like her, don't I? Well, no, I wouldn't know, even if I look at the pictures, I would still have this outside likeness that a camera can't portray. I sound like her,too, don't I? I can see the distant look in their eyes, because they're remembering her voice. They take pity on me, I know, but I don't need it. I'm perfectly fine, why can't they look at me like Popop and Snook did? Full of love and amusement. They were interested in what I had to say. So, don't look at me that way, believe me, even if I answer by her name, I'm not her. I'm not dumb like you think, not that she was. I'm pretty smart, probably smarter than most of that side, and even the other side. Just as bad as the other side, almost. No love from those all. They see me as a black sheep, a wall-flower, a little kid, a perfect, silent puppet. I don't talk much to them, because they don't talk much to me. I'm not a silent puppet, I happen to have different opinions than my father, but I stay silent, feared that my point of view will be disregarded. I'm not a perfect little follower, I wear baggy clothes and a necklace that has a skeleton being hung, one hand clasped around the rope, trying not to die...or making sure of it? I'm not a little kid, if you heard what I had to say, you would realize that. I'm not a wall-flower, and I'm not shy. People ask about the scars on my wrist, or they just look. They believe I'm a cutter, devil-worshiper.

Negative, cat claws just went a litte deeper than expected. To be honest, it doesn't matter how they see me, what they think of me.

Nor even my friends.

Do I even know the real me?

Negative.

Not really.

© Copyright 2008 Heather L. Baker - All Rights Reserved
Melissa Inside
since 2008-07-19
Posts 13
Baltimore
1 posted 2008-08-06 11:14 PM

aww. iloveyouheather. thankyou.

I HATE WHAT YOU WRITE!!  [=
jp its amazing, it truely is.

i would write more about how i love your writing and whatnot, but i am going to go make brownies.

Clockwork_Orange
since 2007-03-23
Posts 620
Space Camp, IN
2 posted 2008-08-23 04:43 PM

what kind of brownies? O.O
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » Say It

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary