navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » opposites
Teen Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic opposites Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
wolf girl
since 2007-12-03
Posts 150
washington, US

0 posted 2008-02-13 11:01 PM

ambiguous
consise
very very nice
determined
lazy
how crazy
exact opposites
things mesh
somethings make a mess

© Copyright 2008 Jenna - All Rights Reserved
Lordadon
since 2008-02-14
Posts 18
Singapore
1 posted 2008-02-14 10:35 AM

I'm not very sure if i'm right on this, might want to see what others say. My first time commenting.But poems, any languages are meant to bring messages across to your targeted audience, make sure you know your targeted audience, and do not assume that the audience will know any of your lingo. Also, you might want to tell us why or what u are writing this poem for, a short description to capture the attention.
wolf girl
since 2007-12-03
Posts 150
washington, US
2 posted 2008-02-14 05:35 PM

to be completely honest is a abstract poem its not really suppose to make sense. i do get what you mean i should have added a description.

-jenna

Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
3 posted 2008-02-14 08:46 PM

Umm im sort of understanding this poem but then again... it left me confused too. and i know its abstract but it would help to atleast know what u were writing about.

~Zach~

wolf girl
since 2007-12-03
Posts 150
washington, US
4 posted 2008-02-14 09:42 PM

it was about how things are exact opposites but they still mesh. how everything meshes sometimes making a mess.

-jenna

Earl Robertson
since 2008-01-21
Posts 753
BC, Canada
5 posted 2008-02-14 11:52 PM

While I enjoyed your poem miss wolf (I got some meaning from it but more than you I think) I must ask you if you understand the purpose of abstract poetry?
Now I'm no expert but I know this much: when writing abstract poetry you want to take a topic and make an analogy. Try taking somthing in your life and writing with it in mind. Think of some comparison you could make between your (emphasis here)specific topic and then just don't outright say anything on your topic.
Keep it nice and vague but with everything pointing back there.
Good luck with it, it's hard to do without some random inspiration.

"Be Strong and Always Remember what made you you." Earl

"Ooo!!! Ooo!! I know! I know! um...he he" Earl
(Yes I am crazy)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » opposites

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary