navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » ........Sucidal Angel.........
Teen Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic ........Sucidal Angel......... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
RevengeIsMine
since 2006-07-08
Posts 820
Australia

0 posted 2007-10-10 07:31 AM

Its only once you tell yourself, I’ll only bleed for a while
But the truth is sweetie you can’t keep hiding behind your smile
The cuts are getting deeper and you know I know it too
You can’t hide the scars and I don’t know what to do

You place the knife towards your skin hoping it won’t hurt
You dig it in deeper and watch the scar that’s being burnt
The blood keeps oozing out as you hold a tissue to the cut
You know you did the wrong thing, you can feel it in your gut
This isn’t the road you need take, sweetie you aint even Thirteen
And here you are cutting yourself and hiding the scars so they can’t be seen

This is where I find you wedged against the door
I can’t help but cry myself cause I’ve been here before
Your big blue eyes are crying cause you can’t take the pain
Sweetie you have to get help now, because without you’ll be insane

Please stop crying now its over
Just rest your head upon my shoulder
Watch those deadly dreams float away
Let your body sway a rhythmic sway
The blood will soon stop oozing and the pain will slowly fade
The wound will heal over now that arrangements have been made
The years have come and gone; you’ve got scars to prove it all
It’ll be a long winding road, but I’ll catch you when you fall

There’s no reason for these lacerations that will forever haunt your past
It’s now time to put down the knife and seek help very fast
Hell sweetie you’re no angel, but you do have ones face
You’ve just lost your wings…….. and fallen down from grace

Lately a little girl that i have got to know through a friend of a friend has been using self harm as a way of seeking attention from her mum, however her mum hasn't noticed andthe cuts are getting worse.. I am absolutely at my wits end and i have no idea what to do.. its getting so bad and she is already seeing a councilors with no luck.. I have spoken to her mother and i am not being believed when i asked about the marks her mother simply told me that she had been playing with the cat.. Anyway plz pray for this gorgeous little girl who needs more help than the councilors or i can give...
Now everyone will notice that the two bottom lines in this poem are from one of CO and have been sorta re-written to fit this piece...

© Copyright 2007 A Typical Aussie Chick - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2007-10-10 09:30 AM

if what you say is true, then she needs to see another counselor and if that doesn't help and her mother doesn't believe her then go to the authorities to report it...  a poem alone can express your feelings about the situation but doesn't help her at all.
I am not sure how this will be taken here, as there are guidelines about this topic.

just my opinion~~

M

hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
2 posted 2007-10-10 02:15 PM

wow this was amazing, but so sad. I hope she finds help and gets over this. I'll keep her in my prayers.
Krysti

Alaina
since 2007-06-16
Posts 106

3 posted 2007-10-10 03:35 PM

i'm so sorry to hear that...i've been in this same situation and i know she's the only one that can fix her. as hard as it is to sit and watch it happen, there's not much else you can do. i really liked your poem and i thought it was a good description of what it feels like to watch somebody hurt themselves.

I know you'll be a sun in somebody else's sky, but why can't it be mine?
-Eddie Vedder

RevengeIsMine
since 2006-07-08
Posts 820
Australia
4 posted 2007-10-11 02:21 AM

Thanx for ur comments guys.. i had no plans to show this to her but i was upset n had to do something to make me feel better

Warrior Bristo
since 2007-07-28
Posts 96
Arizona
5 posted 2007-10-11 10:40 AM

Mary never fails me. I'll do my best.

warrior undefeated

forever*wishing
since 2006-05-29
Posts 178
where my heart is
6 posted 2007-10-12 11:21 PM

i totally agree with "Alaina", if some one else tells her not to do it, why would she if she doesn't want to? she has to want to stop doing it herself, or she's never going to stop. all you can really do is let her know its wrong as often as possible, and just...wait.
the poem was very well written, i had a hard time reading it tho, but i think it was because my style of wrting is more short sentences, so i have a hard time finding the flow of longer ones, but ya, nice job =]
~bec

there's more to living than being alive

~Anberlin

rebel~angel
since 2006-06-20
Posts 71
Iowa USA
7 posted 2007-10-13 09:32 PM

That is sooo sad...she needs help, now! But yeah, everything I can think of to suggest has been mentioned already...and the poem is amazing, by the way.  Sad, but amazing...

Remember:Tuck your chin, you're going to get hurt, so expect it and be ready. You might as well see it coming.
-Elizabeth Haydon, Requiem for the Sun

RevengeIsMine
since 2006-07-08
Posts 820
Australia
8 posted 2007-10-14 01:41 AM

Thanx Guys
surf_painter
since 2007-04-10
Posts 434
Canada
9 posted 2007-10-15 07:49 PM

that was so sad and meaningful definitely keeping that little girl in my prayers that is just horrible what is happening to him i hope she is better and i hope you can help her in all the ways possible
voice2bheard
since 2007-10-19
Posts 591
New York
10 posted 2007-11-13 10:59 AM

I loved it!!
XxForever.BrokenxX
since 2008-01-20
Posts 891
Neverland
11 posted 2008-01-26 01:41 AM

she is deffinetly in my prayres. I know what it's like to be there and heck! i'm pretty much there right now so try you'r best and never give up! nobody should feel in such a way that they 'need' to harm themselves. And I really like the way you wrote out the poem, i could never write one that was so long yet had a point so entreging. the tittle is eye catchign too.

FoReVeR.BrOkEn

ShawtySheFly
since 2007-12-19
Posts 71
In his Elevator (LOL)
12 posted 2008-01-28 04:07 PM

very intense poem and i like it alot i know there will be ppl up to be against me when i say this but she's in a phase, she don't need consuling. I've been through it myself n i've seen it happen she jus needs some1 like you to see her way through cuz life is never easy!! I lost a good friend to suicide n let me tell you it's not easy. I'm only 16 n yea but watever wat can i say this is all jus an opinion
Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

13 posted 2008-01-28 07:46 PM

Dear RevengeIsMine,

I am touched; and sad about the 13 year old.  I worked on locked psychiatric units for a long time and I know this girl's experience to be a hard one.

The girl is fortunate to have you speaking for her. Frankly, I'm more concerned about you at this point.  You are doing what you can for the girl, but you've been put in a tough position yourself.  That's part of the difficulty of this cutting business.  To some extent, you're carrying some of the weight for this girl.  

Part of the problem, and one that you're sensitive to, is that it's in so many ways this seems a family issue.  You not only have a child who's beginning to cut herself, but a mother who doesn't seem to believe you when you try to tell her.

Without commenting on this family, which I do not know, I will say that I have seen other families act in similar ways, and such patterns are not uncommon.
Often those other families have been helped by family therapy, which may or may not help here.  Typically the therapy looks at the areas between family members and not inside them, so there's very little blaming done.  I've always liked that part.

Whatever the problem is, you need to know that you're doing a fine job with a difficult situation, simply by being a friend and by attempting to get people to talk to each other.  This is very fine and shows great courage in standing up against social pressures not everybody is able to take on.  With appreciation, BobK.

Jaki H
since 2008-01-19
Posts 232
NJ, USA
14 posted 2008-01-30 07:18 PM

well, as being a former and somewhat still active one whose being doing it since i was 12 (im 15 now) id say dont see a counciler. i know that sounds harsh but they honestly just make things ten times worse. what she needs is a friend to help her or a counciler that she can actually relate to. theyre hard to find though.

great poem and good luck!

XxForever.BrokenxX
since 2008-01-20
Posts 891
Neverland
15 posted 2008-01-31 05:24 PM

I agree with Jaki H.

FoReVeR.BrOkEn

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

16 posted 2008-02-02 05:04 AM

Those friends are totally important, especially same gender friends, because talking with other gender friends about this stuff frequently gets this stuff confused with sexual feelings, and that's tough enough for anybody to deal with.  Pretty much same gender, pretty much same age.  It's also a help if everybody's not into cutting themselves.  Then everybody's more or less already figured out this same solution and they want to apply it to everything.  Cutting doesn't solve everything any more than mud baths do.

Getting a counsellor is useful, but, as Jaki H said, you need to find somebody you can relate to.  Sometimes you have to try out a bunch of them before you find the right one.  When I was a teenager, about five billion years ago, everybody smoked cigarettes, and it always took a while before you found your brand of cigarettes.  I don't know what would work the same way today.  But I think it works that way with counselors, too.  You need to shop around a bit until you find a counselor you feel you can work with.

Again, same gender is often a big help here, but not always.  You've got to figure you're not about to agree about everything; that'd be like being your own counselor, and you're already doing that, right?  You haven't been doing terrible, I'm sure, but a little bit of buffing up around the edges would help.  Anyway, just a few thoughts.

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

17 posted 2008-02-02 05:14 AM

Those friends are totally important, especially same gender friends, because talking with other gender friends about this stuff frequently gets this stuff confused with sexual feelings, and that's tough enough for anybody to deal with.  Pretty much same gender, pretty much same age.  It's also a help if everybody's not into cutting themselves.  Then everybody's more or less already figured out this same solution and they want to apply it to everything.  Cutting doesn't solve everything any more than mud baths do.

Getting a counsellor is useful, but, as Jaki H said, you need to find somebody you can relate to.  Sometimes you have to try out a bunch of them before you find the right one.  When I was a teenager, about five billion years ago, everybody smoked cigarettes, and it always took a while before you found your brand of cigarettes.  I don't know what would work the same way today.  But I think it works that way with counselors, too.  You need to shop around a bit until you find a counselor you feel you can work with.

Again, same gender is often a big help here, but not always.  You've got to figure you're not about to agree about everything; that'd be like being your own counselor, and you're already doing that, right?  You haven't been doing terrible, I'm sure, but a little bit of buffing up around the edges would help.  Anyway, just a few thoughts.

And remember, being a poet can probably help.  This wouldn't be a website you'd end up on for no reason at all.
You want to know about what's going on with you and with each other.  There's a lot of caring built in right there.

About poems, why not get a friend to think of a really odd object—actually you could get friends to come up with a total of five objects.  They have to be real objects, they have to be objects that you think are funny or wacky or whatever and that you simply enjoy thinking about.
Then write a poem that includes each of the objects.  Change anything you don't like to something that's fun for you, and see what you come up with.  It's an experiment.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » ........Sucidal Angel.........

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary