navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #1 » This is Not A Poem! (Please read.)
Teen Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic This is Not A Poem! (Please read.) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Venus
since 1999-07-25
Posts 12
Oklahoma, USA

0 posted 1999-09-14 06:53 PM

Right now, I'm kinda having trouble putting my thoughts and feeligs into poetry form, so please just bear with me. I have a question. I've read that different personalities influence different talents. I think it may be true. If so, what kind of personality would you have to influence a talent in poetry? I've been told all my life that I have a gift with words, and that I have the ability to make a reader feel my emotions the same way I do. And that's what poetry is all about, as far as I'm concerned.
Making the reader feel the words, making those words mean something to the reader. There not just words. They can't be. I mean, words are all we have, besides each other. We have to make the most of it. You only live once. My motto is " Why not?" And it's a pretty good motto, too. Really, why not? Like I said, you only live once. You have to live life to it's fullest, test your limits.
If you don't, well, what kind of life is that? That's no way to live. Always locking yourself inside, never coming out and actually living. Life's not something you can just start over, unless reincarnation is real. Every minute only happens once, and will never happen again. It will never be the same. We're all part of the world, so why not play your part to limit? I hope that you will stop and think about it. That's what this is for. To show everyone who reads it a new view of life. So, bye for now. And remember: Why not?

Thanks for reading,
Venus

© Copyright 1999 Venus - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #1 » This is Not A Poem! (Please read.)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary