navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #1 » All Member, Please Read!^$%*&(%$*
Teen Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic All Member, Please Read!^$%*&(%$* Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Maitay
since 1999-07-16
Posts 158
Sisters,OR,USA

0 posted 1999-09-20 02:05 PM

Ok, now I have nticed lately that alot of us have taken to bashing on others work. We are all allowed our opinion, but has anyone ever heard of constructie critisism???? I read alot of teh replyies that all of you posted. My GOD, we dont need to defend every view we hae, just cause soemone wrote a poem we didn't agree with. We should just tell them what we think of thier writing style. Not tell them that what they feel or believe is wrong. I joined in on the fun, basically all of us do that, one person will get singeled out and we will all attack cause we are glad that they are not attacking us or our poetry. I'm not saying not to say that we dont like a poem, or the way it is written, just that if you dont like it, dont keep the bashing going. So we all pretty much didin't like one of Olga's poems, was that really a reason for everyone to flick her shit???? Not quite. Your opinion is wanted, but just to act like an asshole and to critisize past a point, well people, find something better to do.

------------------
~The price of finding love is to eventually lose it. When I wish on a falling star, I wish not for material goods but to show kindness to others and be content with what the world may offer me~

~Maitay Mirabel Litton~

© Copyright 1999 Ember - All Rights Reserved
Systematic Decay
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1301
That place with padded walls and funny people in white.........
1 posted 1999-09-20 04:52 PM

Good point,ive bashed and been bashed so i guess we should all stop
StratMatt
since 1999-09-19
Posts 87
Macomb, IL, U.S.A.
2 posted 1999-09-20 05:03 PM

Point Taken. I don't think I was negative in a rude fashion, but I probably was.
-Matt

Nici
since 1999-08-16
Posts 22
Hastings, New Zealand
3 posted 1999-09-20 05:20 PM

Good point Maitay.
I read some of the poems and the comments and noticed this too.
Sure I don't agree with or particularly like some of the poems but I would like to think that I could find some good points in a persons poem to comment on instead of only criticism. If I couldn't find something good I wouldn't reply at all but maybe that because I'm a bit of a softy.
I'd hate it if someone was overly harsh in their comments to one of my poems. I don't know about other people but it take heaps of guts for me personally to post some of my stuff.
Otherwise, keep up the constructive criticism!

roxane
since 1999-09-02
Posts 505
us
4 posted 1999-09-21 12:39 PM

i don't think that the responses to olga's poem were on the whole "Cruel". have you read what was said to LOVEFOOL? that was cruel.. I only responded to the poem because i thought that it could use some work. why would she post it if she didn't want comments? she wouldn't. even you must admit that everyone writes poems that could be improved with insight from others. i don't want to bash other people's poetry, but i do want to be able to say what i think about a poem, and if i totally hate it altogether, i usually refrain from saying anything because i don't want to be cruel.. (don't think that if i don't reply to a poem it means that i automatically hate it, somtimes i just don't have time to reply) if i had it to say over, i would say the same thing to olga, because i think she has the potential to write a really great poem here. if she didn't, i would jsut sit and hope that the thing disapates into page 2. that is why i said what i said and i hope that i didn't hurt her feelings.

Maitay
since 1999-07-16
Posts 158
Sisters,OR,USA
5 posted 1999-09-21 01:02 AM

thanks, you all have great points. I'm gald you agreed, I was afraid you would want to banish me or something.

------------------
~The price of finding love is to eventually lose it. When I wish on a falling star, I wish not for material goods but to show kindness to others and be content with what the world may offer me~

~Maitay Mirabel Litton~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #1 » All Member, Please Read!^$%*&(%$*

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary