navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #1 » Suicide (Fatal Solution)
Teen Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Suicide (Fatal Solution) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA

0 posted 1999-09-19 01:09 AM

[This message has been edited by Echo Rhayne (edited 12-14-1999).]

© Copyright 1999 Echo Rhayne - All Rights Reserved
SuGaR*sTaR
since 1999-09-19
Posts 7
louisville,ky
1 posted 1999-09-19 01:23 AM

i promise that from your deep writing and the sence i get that you really are a great thing. you rite beautifully.
Taeira
since 1999-09-17
Posts 26

2 posted 1999-09-19 09:53 AM

That was such a beautiful beautiful poem!
and some of the lines described exactly how i feel..but please...don;t do anything stupid? u are obviously a very deep, intelligent person who should not go to waste...whatever happened to you..plz talk about it with someone..
Please smile?
luv Anna

Systematic Decay
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1301
That place with padded walls and funny people in white.........
3 posted 1999-09-19 12:33 PM

I know exactly how you feel, actually i tried to kill myself before for reasons much like the ones in your poem....of course i was really stupid for TRYING....at the time i had wished it worked, now Im glad it didn't....I believe in fate. I never used to, but now I do....fate made me live through it all......and although i feel worthless most of the time......i have a reason to stick it out now....a tangible one....and I know theres something I will do in life.....I don't know what yet....but there is a reason......

"Emptiness is loneliness
Loneliness is cleanliness
Cleanliness is Godliness
and God is empty,
just like me."
-Billy Corgan-

Maitay
since 1999-07-16
Posts 158
Sisters,OR,USA
4 posted 1999-09-20 02:15 PM

I have gone through a very similair thing, and I know how it feels to want to let it all go. By the way that you write, I know that you will make it. It's not your fault, as I came to see also. You are a VERY talented writer, and to post this poem was an awesome idea. FInd someone to talk to about all this, it makes it a whole lot better.
Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
5 posted 1999-09-20 03:22 PM

[This message has been edited by Echo Rhayne (edited 12-14-1999).]

Jay_Jay
since 1999-09-18
Posts 38
San Diego, CA. USA
6 posted 1999-09-20 04:41 PM

Don't do anything Echo, I know I would miss you and your wonderful poems! SMILE~It makes people wonder what you're up to!

------------------
Never allow life to get in the way of living...

StratMatt
since 1999-09-19
Posts 87
Macomb, IL, U.S.A.
7 posted 1999-09-20 04:46 PM

Awesome writing.
I know the feeling as well, and have contemplated, although never attempted suicide. I think to do so requires a low like none other, from which if you can overcome it, many good things can come. Although it may feel like the depression numbs your feelings when you're that depressed, it actually teaches you to feel with your soul and heart, besides with just your hands.
Move that extreme emotion into positive things, like your poetry, and you'll have a full life.
Also, on another note. I noticed something about this poem that I used to do and decided to change. That's the periods at the end of every line. I don't know if you thought about it and wanted it that way, but I used to write like that, and now that I look back at those poems, I usually punctuate them as sentences, not incomplete thoughts left for the reader to think about. I don't know if you decided you wanted them after every line, but if not, think about it. Maybe they'll stay there maybe not. They stayed on some of mine, and not on others. Just thought I'd mention it.
-Matt

------------------
"Lost time is never found again." -Ben Franklin.

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
8 posted 1999-09-20 04:51 PM

Strat...If you read any of my other poems, the majority do not have the ... at the end of each line, but on this one I wanted them there, but thanks! Thank you for the comment as well! =u)
Sean
since 1999-09-20
Posts 17
Holtville, CA. USA
9 posted 1999-09-21 03:01 AM

Oh geez again, Echo...That is deep..very saddening and I just don't have the words to describe how I feel...that doesnt happen often. Maybe I will come back some other time and post a new reply when I have the words!
Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
10 posted 1999-09-21 04:11 AM

Sean, that is ok, no words are needed if you do not have them. Thank you for taking the time to read my poem though!
Starith
since 1999-08-18
Posts 176
Leesburg, FL USA
11 posted 1999-09-21 11:26 AM

Echo: I know that life can be hard...I don't know why you would chose to try to take your own life and I won't pretend that I do. I just want you to know that sometimes if you open up to anyone...even someone you've never seen...it helps to release the pain. I can't say that I've never been to that point in my life before or I would be lying...what I can say is that my friends were there to help me through the roughest of times.

I wish you the best of luck in your life.

Star

------------------
We are only truly apperciated after we are no more!

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
12 posted 1999-09-21 08:37 PM

Thank you and you are right, it does help, though to be honest it is rather hard for me to express my feelings, that is how I started to write poetry. Life is getting a bit better now though! =)
Olga
since 1999-07-26
Posts 152
Brooklyn, NY, USA
13 posted 1999-09-21 11:11 PM

Echo, after reading ur poem I've realized that we are very much alike. We just felt like dieing for different reasons. I've also read all those coments, and Im not gonna tell you that theres hope, for some ppl there is, for others there isnt. What u do is up to u, but I will tell u this we are not here to die, we are here to live, and live our life to its fullest. This is what I plan to do, I have nothing to loose, neither do u. One can always die, but not live. Don't say that u give up, just keep trying, beleive me things will get better. ~ ~

Olga
---------------------------------------------
Until every person lives in dignity,
None of us can live in peace!

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
14 posted 1999-09-22 12:25 PM

Olga...To be honest with you, this particular subject is not the ONLY reason, just a partial. I can't sit here and say that I will continue to live because I do not know this for sure, but for now the attempts to end my life have faded by. I am trying to live, but I feel so dead. I guess time will only tell! Thank you for taking the time out to read this poem though!
EDS
since 1999-09-22
Posts 5
San Diego, CA. USA
15 posted 1999-09-22 03:28 PM

Another great poem, Echo. *wiping tears away* But don'tblame yourself for anything, it isnt your fault! *hugs*
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #1 » Suicide (Fatal Solution)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary