navwin » Discussion » Feelings » pain almost forgotten
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic pain almost forgotten Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
spritrider87
since 2003-05-31
Posts 294
NH

0 posted 2005-05-20 02:41 PM

someone told me that if you talk about things they get better. but i didnt belive them so i didnt. well things seemed to get better and i almost forgot my pain. that is until this week when everything i was trying to forget and ignore made itself known. i was in tears for no apparent reason. the thing is. i did talk about it last night with my therapist and i did feel better afterward but it has left me with this feeling of needing to talk more and i cant do that for 2 weeks. i dont understand why i feel the need to talk when i never have before. but its there and its strong. all i know is that theres this mixture of relife, dread, and longing left over from talking too her and its kinda scary. im not sure what i should do about it. anyone got any suggestions? it would help.
Jian

As I look at this world and realize that I am the only one to have seen the end of all Good I let the tears out that and ask the world to see them.

© Copyright 2005 Jian Sterry - All Rights Reserved
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
1 posted 2005-05-20 03:33 PM

Do you have people you can talk with on messenger programmes, to fulfil the need meanwhile until you can next see your therapist? Or friends irl?
I suppose, once you open a can of worms they can keep coming. If you have kept it all suppressed for an amount of time, then when you let it escape, it's like an eruption.
If you only want to talk to your therapist and no one else, you could try blogging in the meanwhile, at least it gets stuff off your chest.
Email me if you want to talk anytime :-)

"Time has told me not to ask for more, one day our ocean will find its shore" ~Nick Drake

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2005-05-20 03:45 PM

Many is the time a poet within these blue walls
have just let forth, whether it be by
journaling,
penning a poem...
venting, ranting, raving...

forums for everything...

We can offer no answers, but sometimes,
just an ear is comforting.

Please, feel free to talk.

or,

as ESP indicates, you can always e-mail
those you trust.

spritrider87
since 2003-05-31
Posts 294
NH
3 posted 2005-05-20 04:01 PM

I suppose both of you are right. but I wish that i could close that can of worms again. i dont want to be feeling what Im feeling.

As I look at this world and realize that I am the only one to have seen the end of all Good I let the tears out that and ask the world to see them.

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
4 posted 2005-05-20 04:39 PM

Once they erupt, they erupt good and proper. The thing is not to fight them or berate yourself for feeling them. Accept them. They too will pass, this flow of lava will cool. In time. Imagine swimming in the sea. If you fight the waves, you will get tired alot more quickly than if you go with them.
It sucks but it is better than keeping them bottled. They need to be allowed out and their existence accepted, then they will find their own resting place.
The theory is all very well, but I know it is alot harder in practice. Believe me, I know.

"Time has told me not to ask for more, one day our ocean will find its shore" ~Nick Drake

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2005-05-20 04:43 PM

Without depth, there is no height. Embrace it as a time of learning, may be, or not, acceptance, but certainly, don't dwell in them, but learn to control, and ride the crest to a new beginning, if need be.

That you say you are "talking about it", even if you skirt the issue here, still and all, allows others to know you are on a new path, and encouragement, and support, will follow.

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
6 posted 2005-06-03 03:33 PM

Do I ever know what you mean by NEEDING to talk about a problem!  Now, I've learned that's a big part of my way through trials..talking about them.  Somehow it gives the feeling that whoever you've confided in, is right there with you and that alone is a relief.  As many here on PIP know, while Rebecca (Wht.dove) was in ICU, I wrote all about her problems.  That helped me cope with the heartache of her death.  We were put here to share with one another.  No man stands alone.

Keep talking.  May God bless you,
                      Rae

spritrider87
since 2003-05-31
Posts 294
NH
7 posted 2005-06-10 12:57 PM

Thanks everyone.

"Love struk my heart and it fell from the sky. I wish I wish it not to die. And if it goes and your to late I wish I wish you not to hate."

Copperbell
since 2003-11-08
Posts 956

8 posted 2005-07-03 08:48 PM

Huge hugs to you Jian

When you get a big cut you can see in it and its not pretty. But it needs to be cleaned and babied and all the while it hurts - but it will heal. Maybe its the same with our emotions.

All the best to you girl I'm so happy to read your post.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » pain almost forgotten

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary