navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Erudition Of My Soul: Perspective (A Commentary)
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Erudition Of My Soul: Perspective (A Commentary) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JoshG
since 2004-11-16
Posts 127
TX, USA

0 posted 2005-04-20 05:19 PM

Man… work again!!!  The clock reads eight zero one… damn I’m late!!!  Mind wandering and eyes squinting from the sun and the weekend’s experiences.  It seemed that morality and nature both wanted to take a swing at me.  So much traffic… slowly so slowly moving towards the life I have learned to despise so greatly.  Finally arriving at the gates of hell… late… I reluctantly step inside.

Who can relate to the Monday edition of life the hard way?  I think the saying goes, “rode hard put away wet.”  At this moment I am the epitome of the sinner with a conscience.  So many times we hear the party stories from our peers after the weekend, and so many times we sit there wishing we could be in the stories ourselves.  Little do we know that being in the stories can be much worse than hearing about them.  I think it is good to step out there every once in a while and test the fire.  Yes there will be consequences for our actions, but to tell you the truth there is a consequence for every action.  It is how we choose to see the situation that tells us if the action was worth the consequence.  Bottom line, only you have the ability to make your consequences and actions good or bad.  Life is going to go on whether you make a choice or not. When you look back at your life in the end remember that only you are to blame for the consequence you call your life.

Life is all about perspective.  Choose your vision because in the end how you chose to see it is how you chose to live it.  Have no regrets!!!

© Copyright 2005 Joshua Gordon - All Rights Reserved
Cloud 9
since 2004-11-05
Posts 980
Ca
1 posted 2005-04-20 07:23 PM

“rode hard put away wet.”  

That's what we used to look like the next morning after a night of 4 wheelin and drinkin. **sigh** those were the good ol' days. roflmao

Now that I have kids and am older....its all about being responsible and limitations. I go out with friends now and then but there are times I can drink (maybe)one or two and then there are times I just don't drink at all.

JoshG
since 2004-11-16
Posts 127
TX, USA
2 posted 2005-04-21 10:18 AM

C 9 - LoL, you just spurred good memories for me.  I grew up in West Texas and on the weekends I would go out with some friends to the sand dunes and ride 4-W and dirt bikes.  It was great fun!  I am only 24 and at the time I was underage so I didn't get the partake in some of the pleasures of being 21.  Just a great time!

"responsible and limitations" - its interesting to me how the choices we make can limit us and even how we might think we are limited.  Sometimes the limitations are only perspective deep in my opinion, but its also about what you are willing to compromise.  I have a lot to learn about responsibility.  Thanks for the read and the memories !

Josh

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Erudition Of My Soul: Perspective (A Commentary)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary