navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Best Friends
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Best Friends Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry

0 posted 2004-06-07 03:32 PM

My best friend is mad at me for no reason…
Okay, long story short her name is Valeria.  Anyways on Friday Valeria, me, and Edelisse (another friend) went over to another friend’s house.  Her name is Christina.
Anyway…Cristina had moved away and had recently moved back.  We were all standing around in her driveway talking about things we had done over the past 2 years.  Edelisse had to go home so Cristina, Valeria, and I were still chatting.
Then, like, 20 minutes later, for no explainable reason Valeria just walks away from the two of us and walks to Edelisse house (we all live in the same complex).  Me and Cristina were calling her to come back but she didn’t turn around or anything.
That was Friday. On Sunday night (yesterday) I called Valeria to ask her what had happened. She said she was mad at me and didn’t want to say why…then she hung up on me.
Right after that happened, I walked over to Cristina’s house.  While I was there Cristina decided to call her to see whether she was just mad at me or both of us.  Valeria didn’t really say much, but said she was mad at both of us, but more at me.  Then, once again, she hung up.
Today at the bus stop in the morning (we all ride the bus to middle school), I was walking with Edelisse to get there (she lives across the street from me) and I asked her why Valeria said she was mad at me.  She said that she didn’t know, that Valeria wouldn’t tell her because if she did, Edelisse would probably tell me or Cristina.
So that got me completely no where……

Valeria and I have been best friends for over 3 years….we have never gotten in a fight before.  I tried apologizing today and asking what I did but she won’t speak to me.  There is only 1 more day of school and after that, in the summer, I will have no “excuse” to see her and talk to her.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.  I don’t know why she is mad.  There is no explainable reason.  My dad said that I shouldn’t have called her yesterday…that I should have pretended that I didn’t care.  I don’t want to throw three years away, but the way she is acting that kind of sound like good advice.  

Thanks again,
~Alli~

© Copyright 2004 *Alli4000* - All Rights Reserved
since 2000-04-26
Posts 113
Amherst, MA, USA
1 posted 2004-06-08 06:28 PM

I think it's pretty safe to say that Valeria's anger was triggered by something that was said in the conversation between you, her and Christina. Try to remember the topics you discussed: did you mention something to Christina that Valeria had asked you to keep a secret? Was Valeria showing any signs that she was feeling left out of the conversation? Those are the first thoughts that come to mind; if I were you I'd ask her if it was either of those, and that might get her talking at least.

With all due respect to your dad, I don't think that would have been the thing to do. If you want to stay friends, you should try to keep in touch with her. Try emailing or writing a letter. I'm not suggesting you try to contact her every day, but maybe she just wants to know that you care enough to try and stay friends over the summer.

Good luck, and I hope everything works out!

--------------------------------
no i will NOT wait three seconds!

sweet_cute_palestinian04
since 2004-04-11
Posts 418
Earth
2 posted 2004-06-24 03:26 PM

hey,
well i dont know what to tell u ,i think u should just leave it to where fate takes u ,i believe in fate soo much and i think it works,,she willl get over it and she will know that she needs u ,,,believe me little sis i know,,,just hang in there u will make it i promise,,,take care

peace
love and respect

I hate the world because it does'nt have a taste, i HATE the world because it does'nt have a color.!!
Admit that im right,,!

*Alli4000*
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
3 posted 2004-06-24 03:46 PM

Thank you 7 for your insight and sweet_cute_palestinian04 for your kind words.
Also, thanks for taking the time to read my very long problem.

~Alli~

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
4 posted 2004-06-24 06:02 PM

hey so what happened?!
I had a "friend" for many more years than 3...I won't go into it, but if that girl can't tell you what has upset her, then maybe she didn't think of you as her best friend and you should cut your losses....be glad it wasn't 12 years....besides, do you really want someone who won't tell you what's wrong to be your firend?? She just stops talking to you, like you are mind reader now? Uh.... no.....that is not what friends do.

I hope you are ok....

Jeffrey Carter
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-04-08
Posts 2367
State of constant confusion!
5 posted 2004-06-29 03:35 PM

kissa~rachelle
since 2003-11-27
Posts 988
nowhere special
6 posted 2004-08-11 11:12 PM

hmmm... i know since the summer is almost over that this is an old post...and i am jsut wondering..have you guys worked it out?

Karissa

*Alli4000*
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
7 posted 2004-08-12 09:53 AM

not yet She ending up going on vacation for almost the whole summer.  She was in puerto rico for 5 weeks and right before she came back I went to New Jersey.  I just came back, so i haven't really had the chance to talk to her yet or anything.  I'll keep everyone updated.
Thanks for all of your replies and help everyone!

~Alli~

I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughter would make me cry.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Best Friends

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary