navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Erm....."I'm pathetic"?!
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Erm....."I'm pathetic"?! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....

0 posted 2004-06-03 04:51 AM

Hi,

I should be revising for my exams now...but I can't concentrate...
My bf dumped me a little while back because he was stressed with his work and stuff for his finals. He finished them yesterday. I guess I kinda thought that once he finished them, he would think of me again, maybe contact me at least to apologise for being how he's been. Which he hasn't been nice. At all. It's not that I even want us to be friends or more again, that would never work out I don't think...just that I wanted him to want to try, you know? Instead he seems to have found himself someone else or near enough. I wonder if she is the "friend" who advised him that I wasn't right for him. I wonder if work was just an excuse to dump me. At least if he contacted me now, it would be more likely that it was work.
How can someone go so quickly from saying they want to be with you forever to saying that you are evil and must leave them alone?
Bah, I guess it's just smarting a little at the moment...dammit I wish I could just forget it and move on. I need to revise, I'm getting a job lined up for the summer, Im going to Romania for a volunteer thing after that. There's lots of good stuff lined up. It's even better that he isn't in my life anymore, because it would complicate the summer no end...
I know all that and yet I still feel bad...what is it with the human heart?!!! Anyone want to trade theirs for mine?!

~Liz.

"Time has told me not to ask for more, one day our ocean will find its shore" ~Nick Drake

© Copyright 2004 ESP - All Rights Reserved
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
1 posted 2004-06-04 10:55 AM

"Moving on" is easier to say than it is to do. Throw yourself into your studies and then getting into your volunteer work. It does get better... and who knows... maybe you lost this one because there is another one waiting for you, and you need to be ready for him instead...
And, without getting into too many details, I will GLADLY trade... however, I think it's best that we each experience our own challenges.  lol

Congrats on being accepted to work in Romania.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again...
http://www.cmlb.net/ringo

gemjop
Member Elite
since 2002-11-18
Posts 2587
Pencilveinia, USA
2 posted 2004-06-04 12:02 PM

You are not pathetic. When someone suddenly cuts themself off from you, or leaves without proper explanation, it leaves you with the most helpless feeling. Like Ringo said, get stuck into all those opportunities you have ahead of you.

This time last year, i was in a similar situation, i needed to revise, and felt I couldn't, because of the state of my relationship. But I knew i didnt want to be left with nothing at all, so i threw myself into college work. For me, the determination and drive to do well despite feeling like i had nothing, landed me with A grades, and even a nice 100%.

So get revising! Much luck, and hugs,

gem xx

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
3 posted 2004-06-04 04:09 PM

Thanks guys,

That's what I'm doing! Working hellish hard Woke up at 7am yet again today to revise until after midday and then went for a swim and then did some more work and now am reeeallly tired! So am going to have another early night. Early nights are good. Waking up early is good. Onward is good Not always easy but a good aim.

Liz xxx

"Time has told me not to ask for more, one day our ocean will find its shore" ~Nick Drake

Maisie
Unregistered
Posts 2

4 posted 2004-06-04 04:49 PM

Like Everyone has already said:

Look forward you have a great summer ahead of you
Work hard - even if its not easy to concentrate, worth it in the long run
Glad to see you are being sensible, ie. relaxing and swimming, always do something each day that you enjoy.
Keep in touch with your friends, don't work so hard that you alienate them, especially if you won't be seeing them this summer (that was my mistake)
Stay well and stay happy.

your not pathetic, just normal

Good luck with you exams

Maisie
x

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Erm....."I'm pathetic"?!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary