navwin » Discussion » Feelings » My fears are getting the best of me...
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic My fears are getting the best of me... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow

0 posted 2004-05-26 06:40 AM

Years ago, my mother was diagnosed with Lupus. For those of you that have no idea what Lupus is, go here, http://www.uklupus.co.uk/ .
  Although she has this under control, I still feel so much fear that she'll get really sick and pass on.. I've always been such a "Mamma's Girl", so this is the biggest fear I've ever had. I'm 19 years old, and I feel like I'd be nothing without her.
  Just recently, my mom has developed the flu, she's been lacking sleep, vomiting, the works. I just don't know how to calm my nerves about this. I know it's probably just a passing thing, but I'm so scared. I feel like I can do nothing to help her, somehow I've lost all knowledge of everything and I've become hopeless. It seems like I've just been so afraid that she'll die, that I've just blocked everything else out to focus on that, and that alone.
  I just know that, I was in her room this morning, and she was in the bathroom being sick, I burst into tears. I didn't want her to see me like that, so I had to leave..

I know, this might be so irrational of me.. I'm really typically not like this at all.. I just love her so much and can't stand the thought of losing her, especially not now...

I don't know what else I can say..

© Copyright 2004 Meghan Armitage - All Rights Reserved
Michelle_loves_Mike
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-12-20
Posts 1189
Pennsylvania
1 posted 2004-05-26 08:16 AM

Irrational,,,no. I turned 33 yeaterday, it hasn't yet been a year since I lost my father (this past October).
I felt like the lowest form of scum, for not being able to be there to say good bye in person.
He fought and beat colon cancer, to be taken down by a bum liver....
I lived in dread of the phone call that did eventually come.
It hurts (beyond hurts) to lose a parent,,,let alone the one you are closest to, and I do hope people understand that statement,,,,,,
The fear of losing them, is something most all of us have had to face.
I guess this reply jumps around a bit, and doesn't make a whole lotta sense, but, I just wanted you to know it's ok to feel scared, age doen't matter on this subject,

Hugs
Michelle

I wish all could find the true happiness I have found,,in the eyes of Mike

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
2 posted 2004-05-26 09:38 AM

Be assured that you are being very much normal. I spent 12 years watching my father fighting, and eventually losing his battle with, brain cancer. During the last year, there were days where he would almost drag himself across the floor and trip on the imaginary dead turtles that would jump out in front of him. Other days he would fall over while sitting on the couch watching TV. Other days where he would literally crawl up the stairs to the bathroom.
I was in my 30's when he was going through that, and even though I had seen my fair share of death, destruction, and illness, There were times where I had to remove myself from the situation to collect myself so no one would see me affected by it.
Losing a parent is something that we are all going to go through at one point in our lives or another. The fact taht you are strong enough to not let your mother see you cry and allow yourself to be strong for her... ESPECIALLY when you are dealing with the pregnancy hormones... shows that you are adult beyond your years.

*Sending healing thoughts and hugs your direction*

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again...
http://www.cmlb.net/ringo

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
3 posted 2004-05-26 11:16 AM

Meg~

I can only tell you what helps me through similar thoughts.

I am a denial queen..and although that may be unhealthy at times...at other times it is what gets me through it.  With this in mind, there is no room for any thought other than WHEN she gets over this flu bug...

Focus on getting her over this flu...fluids, doctor visit, whatever it takes.  Take care of her the best you can and remind her of what she needs to do to take the best possible care of herself...talk about the things you are going to enjoy together, such as the new baby...(I loved baby bath time).  

From what I know of lupus, if your Mom has had it under control like she has, she is a very strong, determined woman...this flu is not going to change that.

"cast me gently into the morning, for the night has been unkind"
~Sarah McLachlan~

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2004-05-26 06:01 PM

"My fears are getting the best of me..."

nod.

I hate when that happens.

Hugs.

*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
5 posted 2004-05-26 06:34 PM

I've never had to go through this - but I can imagine what pain your going through.  If you need to talk, I'm here.

~Alli~

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2004-05-27 08:51 AM

Honey, you are partly right when you admit that it could be hormonal - you are pregnant, and your hormones are not what they normally are.  Seeing someone suffering from illness as your mother is going through only compounds the sense of helplessness.

It may take some mental strength, but if you can be there for her when she needs you, then I know you can do it.  It's not easy.  But you can do it.

She raised a good daughter.  She knows she wants her daughter to raise a healthy child.  You need to take care of yourself, and if your mother wants, then she will let you know you can take care of her, too, as you can.  

I will keep you all in my prayers.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » My fears are getting the best of me...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary