navwin » Discussion » Feelings » I have a feeling...or two...or twelve...
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic I have a feeling...or two...or twelve... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments

0 posted 2004-04-22 01:24 PM

First, let me give a shout out to all of you that may or may not know me...I'm the mod here and I'm getting my crazy college schedule more under control and I'll hopefully be around more.  So hi.   I'm Krista.

My first thing I'm wondering about is the idea of reconnection.  I feel so transplanted here at college sometimes.  So as of late I've been making an effort to reconnect with people that I was close to a few years ago.  So I guess my question is "can you really go back?"  And if so, can things be close to the same as they were before?  I have an opinion on this, but I'd like to hear some thoughts.  

Secondly, I've got another thought that relates to reconnection.  Over the course of the past few months, my best friend and I have had a rather awful falling out.  We're both extremely stubborn and it's taken us till about a week or so ago to really get over it.  I want to reconnect with her so badly....but after so much fighting and tears, it's really hard to know how to do that.  It's gotten to the point where we can't talk about the fight, so we've just decided to try and talk and hang out like we used to. I just want to be close to her again...I'm not sure if she really realizes how much I love her...she is one of the great (platonic) loves of my life.  I tell her I care about her, but I'm not sure if she really sees it...I'm rambling now, so I guess I'll just leave it at that.

Any thoughts or ideas for me?

~*Krista Lee Knutson*~

Let your life lightly dance on the edges of time like dew on the tip of a leaf.
~Rabindranath Tagore

© Copyright 2004 Krista Botterill - All Rights Reserved
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
1 posted 2004-04-23 10:06 PM

let change be a good thing. when you meet them instead of trying to go back to the way it was learn about how they are and tell them who you are. then you will get along. Usually that is what I have done. keep in mind people change and expect nothing, but at the same time share thoughts and opinoins.

love, Juju

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
2 posted 2004-04-23 10:52 PM

Thanks for the comment Juju.  Something happened over the past couple of days that leads me to believe that she knows.  And I haven't been this happy in a really long time.  That part of my soul that has been aching is finally whole again.     

~*Krista Lee Knutson*~

Let your life lightly dance on the edges of time like dew on the tip of a leaf.
~Rabindranath Tagore

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » I have a feeling...or two...or twelve...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary