navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Just wantin to let my feelins out i guess
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Just wantin to let my feelins out i guess Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kissa~rachelle
since 2003-11-27
Posts 988
nowhere special

0 posted 2004-02-13 08:22 PM

Me and My friends arent as close as we used to be. Eversince i got grounded, they dont hang out with me at school very much, they never call(not really grounded from phone) They just like ignore me, and i dont know why. I guess its because i am gounded and they dont hang out with me so they dont have anything to talk with me about, but i think its stupid. Plus, it's almost Valentimes day, and i dont have anyone to share it with. The guy i like is going to Formal with this chick, Asley, and i dont know, and all of my friends that i still talk to and chill with are into drugs and stuff. I basically have four good friends. Jenna, Lyndsey, J.T, and Nick. But you cant really count Nick.
Whatever, my life is so crazy, and complicated. Sometimes i hate it!!
Any comments would be appreciated.
~kissa~

© Copyright 2004 Karissa - All Rights Reserved
RSWells
Member Elite
since 2001-06-17
Posts 2533

1 posted 2004-02-13 09:11 PM

Kissa,

I assume you are going through that very difficult part of life labeled "adolescent."
I'm sure it's no easier than it was when I was a teen in the late 60's-early-70's. Friends are the world, and a new world to someone whose previous world consisted of family and those neighborhood kids in reach.

All I can tell you is you'll survive it and share with you what I (repeatedly) told my own four children (now 20, 18, 18 and 17).... There isn't near as much invested in these relationships as it seems right now. Over the span of a lifetime this won't weigh a whole lot. These "friends" and in particular "boy" and "girl" friends won't likely even be in your life when you turn 18 and move on to bigger and better things.

Often when my own children fought with each other or seemed to, in my opinion or the opinion of the slighted sibling, prefer friends over each other I told them that family is there till the end and when you grow up these people who seem all so important right now, not only will not be in your life, but many will be hard to even recall.

I'm no admirer of cliches but will preface my next statement with this one "He who ceases to be a friend never really was".....just be yourself. The same person in whom these people found a friend in the first place. The TRUE friends will surface at this time. Go about your business of being a good student. In the long run that will be far more important to you than this. In the end it's you who needs to take care of you, the rest will fall in place.

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
2 posted 2004-02-14 12:13 PM

Kissa

its never easy and will get harder as time goes by, you said you have Jenna, Lyndsey, J.T, and Nick...they are true friends.....your friends that dont under-stand grounding, I assume have probably never been?   follow your "gut" you will survive and in time maybe the others will come around? good luck hon....I rememeber the days...hugssssss

~~**~~
There are moments when speech
is but a mouth pressed lightly and
humbly against the angel's hands.

Tais
since 2004-01-28
Posts 92
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2004-02-17 07:56 AM

Dear Kissa, life has so many surprises and great moments...and great people.

We just need to look for these things and people a bit more.

Keep you strength and values close to you and to your heart, they are very important to you and to your happiness.

Sometimes, we just grow up quicker than the friends we have. Then, it's time to move on, and find new friends to hang out with. Friends who think like you...have the same values, and understand you better.

Sometimes we see ourselves caught in between a small circle, and forget to look outside of that circle. There are much more people for you to meet, than these four friends you mentioned.

And when they grow up too, they will become your close friends again.

Meanwhile, go out and meet new people, friends who will make you laugh, and keep you company at times which you need it most.

Drugs, and all that follows it, are not good, and is an escape. Life is not meant to escape from, it is meant to live through. And to live through life, one needs to look for the true happiness, true friends, respect, and most of all, keep within their hearts their values - because that's the place where no one can destroy it...in your heart.

I hope you find new friends, and live life to it's real meanings.

God bless,

Tais

kissa~rachelle
since 2003-11-27
Posts 988
nowhere special
4 posted 2004-02-25 05:14 PM

Thankyou Tais. That was sooo... sweet. Not to sound all mushy or whatever. ~lol~  Thanks for all of your guys' advice!!

~Vampire Kisses  

I want a relationship i can finally sink my teeth into.~ Alexander Sterling

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Just wantin to let my feelins out i guess

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary