navwin » Discussion » Feelings » A letter I can never send...
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic A letter I can never send... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....

0 posted 2004-01-18 03:46 PM

I know it's pathetic...one day my heart will realise that too...

Dear _ _ _ _,

I need my heart back. You've kept it since I gave it you many months ago, even though you didnt want it. You don't even know you still have it now. Look in the deeper recesses of yourself, you might see it there, gathering dust.
I did so much wrong. All I ever wanted was for you and me to be an "us"...yet everything I did seemed to work in the opposite direction. I was too proud to try and work things out with you when I got back from France. Though by then they were far gone. Perhaps my first mistake was not telling you I wanted us to be an us that night when I was lieing in your arms. If I could go back and change one thing, that might be it. Why did I never tell you simply I want to be with you. Why did I wait until you got together with someone else to realise that this is what I should have done. Why did I have to lose you?

I miss you so much. Who knows if things would have been different if I had handled it all differently. Maybe we'd be together. And maybe you are just meant to be with _ _ _. You're happy. I truly am happy that you are. I can't help missing you. I try not to. I try to move on and forget, but I can't. If you and _ _ _ were not to work out...if things didn't go how you meant them to...would you see me? Is there any chance whatsoever that I could be with you? If there was even the smallest chance, I swear I would wait. To hear you say you love me, I would climb the highest mountain. Maybe it will never be, most likely it won't. Yet for some reason I hold on to the sliver of hope that maybe one day, you will come to me, arms open wide and welcome me home, where I belong. Until then...I love you so much it hurts.
Always,
Liz.

© Copyright 2004 ESP - All Rights Reserved
kissa~rachelle
since 2003-11-27
Posts 988
nowhere special
1 posted 2004-01-20 06:39 PM

Wow, this is very sweet, and heartwrenching! I like it though. I am sorry that things have gone the way they have gone for you! Things will get better though! If it is meant to be, it will be, and if not... well then it wont. The rality is... love hurts, but it also heals. All it takes is time. I hope things work out for you!
xoxoxo
~kissa~

~Threre are three things we will endure- Faith Hope, and Love- and the greatest of these is love!~ 1 Corinthians 13:13

**~kissa~**
*I wanna be a little more like me, and a little less like YOU!*~ Linkin Park

lone_rider
since 2004-01-20
Posts 19

2 posted 2004-01-21 08:27 PM

That letter was beautiful! I hope that things work out for you. But remeber it might seem as though he is the man for you but if does turn u down..There are other men out there and you are a gourgous women, they are waiting for you,you've just got to realize that. I know it hurts to love someone that doesnt love u and i know its hard to give that love up!! Im going through that right now..Take care and i hope things work out

Amara
since 2003-02-23
Posts 158
East of the moon, west of the sun.
3 posted 2004-01-30 08:53 PM

You can't wait forever for only a hope...I happen to know. I know, honestly I do, what it feels like to love someone so much, that moving on isn't an option...but it has to be. You deserve more than waiting for a memory and a wish. It'll hurt you even more...it'll make you bitter, waiting and watching time pass you by.

I hope things turn out. For both of us. *sighs*

Light keeps you always,
Amara

It's not only cowardly to run...

...it's futile.

Tais
since 2004-01-28
Posts 92
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 2004-01-31 10:37 AM

Dear ESP,

I feel for your sadness and heart break.
The worse pain is that of a lost love.
And the regret of not having done it all differently, is also a terrible feeling.

Here is my opinion on this situation:

1. If you send the letter, he might - psychologically - find things to fight and break up with the girl whom he is with, knowing that someone else is waiting for him.
And when he does, and goes back with you, three things might happen:
-you two will be happy forever
-it might not work out again, and he will blame you for having wanted him back.
-he might discover that he really loves the other woman, and break up with you, go back with her- another heart break will set in. And if the other woman doesn't want him back, he will also blame you for this.

2.)If you send the letter: He might not respond at all, which will make you feel even less loved by him.

I think you should try to meet other people, give those other men a chance, and try to either: forget him, or let destiny do its work.
What is yours, shall be yours, no matter what.

But once in a while, if you can find out how he is, and find out that he broke up with the other one, then, you can try again...first going out, then, letting love settle in for the both of you.

I know that it is easy to say and difficult to do, but try to keep the faith and the hope.
You might find another love, and discover that it was best that the past happened as it did. And you will be with your 'soulmate' forever.

We don't know, we never know. we only know that if we do things right, with a good heart, compassion and no selfishness, that happiness will be ours. That's all that us people know. Life is very mysterious, but it is also rewarding for those who have faith and hope.

Take care,

I pray that you will find happiness,

Tais

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
5 posted 2004-01-31 11:19 AM

Dear Tais,

Thank you so much for your response I really appreciate it. You have given me some precious insight from an objective view. I will bear it all in mind.

Thank you also to anybody else who has replied.

Liz xx

"Time has told me not to ask for more, one day our ocean will find its shore" ~Nick Drake

eor
since 2002-09-26
Posts 959
blues & greys
6 posted 2004-02-03 12:25 PM

wow, that is really heartfelt, this is a tough situation.  wiht me i would hvae to send it, but from the letter it seems like he is seeing somebody so that wouldent be kosher.  but i dont know, i would probally send it...

"So what befalls the flawless?
Look what I've built, it shines so beautifully now watch as it destroys me."

Evi
since 2004-04-10
Posts 18

7 posted 2004-04-10 07:35 PM

Why do you Love him? How do you know?  

If you don't mind me asking.

Sorry for being intrusive.

Evi

xx

ChickenMeg
Unregistered
Posts 1

8 posted 2004-04-21 06:36 AM

Hello

Thats beautiful, really really lovely.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but did you ever send it to Him?  Does he know how you feel?

Was in a similar situation myself, still got a number of things i wrote to him but was too afraid to send.

Anyway hope it all goes well for you.

Wish you all the best.

Meg xx

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
9 posted 2004-05-11 04:36 PM

No I didn't send it to him...
Neither will I. I know which side my bread is buttered! Not about to ruin a perfectly good friendship with something that can never do anything constructive like this! Did me good to write it. Was odd to find it resurface here months after I posted it...oh well! It's good to learn what not to say, silence can be golden. I don't regret not sending it, that I can say for sure.
Thanks for the replies folks...shall we let die now...

Liz x

"Time has told me not to ask for more, one day our ocean will find its shore" ~Nick Drake

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » A letter I can never send...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary