navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Insecure
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Insecure Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
BlackRose
since 2003-08-27
Posts 5

0 posted 2003-08-27 10:00 PM

Even though I'm only 15 I feel like I'm going to be alone forever.  That no one will be able to love me, because guys only judge on looks.  Sometimes I wish girls who think that they are better than me  could spend a day as me.  To be laughed at, to be put down constantly.  To feel like no one will ever love them, that they will be alone forever. Maybe then the can see what it really is like to feel like nothing.
© Copyright 2003 BlackRose - All Rights Reserved
Miah
since 2002-08-26
Posts 1062
Pennsylvania
1 posted 2003-08-27 10:10 PM

You know, looks are not everything... and someday you will find someone that knows the beauty from within.

I got teased growing up ALL the time, I never seemed to fit in.  As I got older things changed a bit, but I'm 28 years old and I still have to deal with jerks sometimes.  

It's hard, no matter what anyone says, it hurts to be made fun of.  But know that it's not what you look like but who you are inside that counts.  

Anyway, if ever you need to talk and I truly mean this, I'm here for you and so is this place.  There are a lot of kind people here that always have comforting things to say.  Keep the faith okay?

magic_612
since 2003-07-31
Posts 190
NB, Canada
2 posted 2003-08-27 11:10 PM

I know it's hard, I'm 18 myself and just got out of high school. I wasn't teased in school myself, but I saw the torture so many ppl went through and I always felt bad for them. The thing is here, is that you have to try to love yourself. Believe me, I know this is harder than it sounds. I always believed there is someone out there for everyone, and not all guys are jerks. There are guys out there who go for personality. Keep your chin up and if you ever need anyone I'm sure you can get the help you need on here. I am pretty new here, and I already feel pretty welcome.

and here is a quote for you: "Never frown, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile"

Best of luck,
Ashley

Bec
since 2001-02-23
Posts 475
Canberra
3 posted 2003-08-29 06:17 AM

Hi BlackRose...

Sweetie, everyone goes through times like this. I know it's all cliched, but it gets better. I'm 22, and I know there are times when I think I'll never find somone, but eventually I realised that the harder I look for someone, the harder it became to find someone, if that makes sense. So I just take things as they come. It gets easier. You're only 15, your time will come!

People are always going to judge people. Stick with your mates, and you'll be fine.

You're not nothing, everyone is special.

Bec

"Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?" ~ Arthur Weasley

Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow
4 posted 2003-08-29 08:53 AM

Gah, do I ever know this..

I got teased so bad in school that I eventually quit (yet, there were other reasons as well)..

I've felt the same as you do, kids can be really cruel. But you know, you are who you are, and if they can't accept it, they should be out of your thoughts for good. Being strong enough to ignore is key, and I'm sure you are a very powerful chick.

As for never being loved.. it'll happen, you're young yet.. I've felt this way and then, I loved and was loved in return.. Though it doesn't always work out, you will find someone that can see you for you..nothing more. Looks, eh..don't worry about them, no one who loves you for that reason is worth the effort or time.

Just take a deep breath, find your strength, and be proud to be you and only you..Let the time come, don't come to it. And if you really want to talk, you can e-mail me anytime.

I wish the best for you, you'll be okay!

*hugs*
Meg

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
5 posted 2003-08-29 09:33 AM

Rose, I felt EXACTLY like you do at your age.  trust me, those guys are boys and you will see that the older you get.  I know that NOW is discouraging, but if they dont take the effort to look at YOU, they are not worth your time.  Trust me when I say, one day when your not looking - he will see YOU for YOU and inside.  Takes a special person to see that.  *smile*

(I was made fun of too, and THAT grrrrr)
xxoo  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Insecure

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary