navwin » Discussion » Feelings » sorry
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic sorry Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alnilam
since 2003-07-04
Posts 75

0 posted 2003-07-09 10:32 AM

Hey everyone,
Im kind of new here and have only posted a few poems and such so most of you dont know me or of me. I am sorry this topic is so,well I guess sad or bad or what not, but I've been alone in this a while and thought maybe someone out there could understand. Any of you "cutters" or are familiar with the issue?? I dont really know what Im getting at...sorry

~*Alnilam*~
"The worst tragedy for a poet is to be admired through being misunderstood."

© Copyright 2003 Alnilam - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2003-07-09 12:32 PM

Hang in there. I'm only slightly familiar with this but we do have members who have gone through it. I'll email someone to contact you.
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2003-07-09 02:09 PM

Cutting, like other personal psychological issues, really needs to be handled by trained professional counselors.  I'd like to encourage you to consult people in your own area who are qualified to handle your questions.  Our members are poets - They're not trained to deal with issues such as this... I do wish you much success in your venture...
Alnilam
since 2003-07-04
Posts 75

3 posted 2003-07-09 04:15 PM

ok so again, sorry. for some reason i was desperate or what not to contact someone who might understand but in the same respect i understand what is being said here. sorry for the post. thanks for replies. so long
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

4 posted 2003-07-09 05:22 PM

Hello Alnilam,
I found these support group and informational sites for you..I think this will be more what you were looking for.
I hope this helps you find the answers need.
take care of you.
jm

http://www.self-injury-abuse-trauma-directory.info/Completed%20Files/SI-Groups-an d-Forums.htm

Self-Injury, Abuse & Trauma
Resource Directory

"A place for self-injurers to gather, share, support, help, learn and feel safe...."  

A cutting support group where people can post messages and get feedback from other cutters and recovered cutters. Also host a chat in which people can talk to others who know their pain and will understand, and not judge.
====================
heres another...
http://dmoz.org/Health/Mental_Health/Disorders/Impulse_Control/Self_Injury/Chats_a nd_Forums/

[This message has been edited by Janet Marie (07-09-2003 05:23 PM).]

hush
since 2001-05-27
Posts 1653
Ohio, USA
5 posted 2003-07-09 08:25 PM

Nan, while your suggestion to seek proffessional help is certainly well aimed, and I understand that there might be some issues of liability involved, I'd argue that personal experience makes one qualified- if for nothing else, an ear to listen and a common ground.

Alnilam, don't apologize- voicing a need for help is nothing to be ashamed of. Please e-mail me if you need to talk to someone who's been through this situation.

amy.dudley@mercycollege.edu

If it takes me a few days to get back, it's not because I'm ignoring you, I just work a lot.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 2003-07-09 08:53 PM

Anilam, you should be getting an email from a friend of mine who has gone through this. Please be open with her and she'll help you find the help you need. Good luck sweetie.
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

7 posted 2003-07-09 09:58 PM

lovebug_whs@yahoo.com

Please email me. We'll talk.

Oh, make me Thine forever
And should I fainting be
Lord, let me never ever
Outlive my love for Thee

Kielo
since 2002-02-11
Posts 1109

8 posted 2003-07-10 02:35 PM

There are several people here who do understand.

Email me.
sick_and_twisted_crazy_orange@hotmail.com

Kielo

Alnilam
since 2003-07-04
Posts 75

9 posted 2003-07-10 07:14 PM

i thank all of you with the last of the feeling left in my black lump of a heart. sincerely and genuinely your replies have made the present a more tolerable place. much love to all of you and may you be blessed with kindness of the same degree as you have shown me.

~*Alnilam*~
"The worst tragedy for a poet is to be admired through being misunderstood."

spritrider87
since 2003-05-31
Posts 294
NH
10 posted 2003-07-11 02:48 PM

hey han gin there it is hard to do at times i know but keep trying. i have a friend that cuts and i did at one time. if you wanna talk e mail me at spritrider87@yahoo.com  see you around. later  :heart

"i am in troble but no one knows it if you can figure out my messages then help me.
at the end of the rope taking my last breath "

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » sorry

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary