navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Infectious Muselessness
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Infectious Muselessness Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA

0 posted 2003-05-20 10:45 AM

So many posts about lack of inspiration, loss of your muse... I think I caught the bug and didn't even realize it.  

It just occurred to me that for the past week or so I have been spending all my time in the Discussion forums, I haven't been able to write anything of worth, nor have I been motivated to read the poetic works of others... start reading a poem in Open and kinda loose interest... no reflection on the posts, they are great as ususal, I just can't seem to get my head into it.

Yesterday is ash, tomorrow is smoke; only today does the fire burn.
Nil Desperandum, Fata viem invenient

© Copyright 2003 JP Burns - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2003-05-20 02:44 PM

I think we need to form a 'Mickey Museless' club...
KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
2 posted 2003-05-20 05:08 PM

lolol @ mickey mouselessness...

I think it's called taking a break...letting our minds regroup after the war and stresses of walking on eggshells, etc...or something like that.

XO we'll write....

Failure isn't failure if a lesson from it is learned ~ KS

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
3 posted 2003-05-20 05:31 PM

Me either..
Usually, when my muse is pouting, I pick up something to read.

Jacqueline Carey's book, Kushiel's Avatar was released in April. It is the third in a trilogy. I finally bought it a few days ago, and am enjoying it. It doesn't replace my writing, but it distracts me from the frustration of not being able to write anything good.

I seem to have a problem with motivation once an idea finally does strike me.  

You could hurt me with your bare hands. You could hurt me using the sharp edge of what you say. JEWEL

S Arthur Grey
since 2001-03-19
Posts 719
woven by a poet's loom
4 posted 2003-05-20 07:13 PM

And it can go on and on and on and . . .
blueyedlioness
since 2003-04-24
Posts 289
USA
5 posted 2003-05-20 07:57 PM

Welllll... I don't know y'all, or exactly how you're feeling or what you've been doing, but I just want to say this: Sometimes when I just sit down and try to write something, nothing seems to work. I can't get anything to sound right... and if I ever manage to write something, it ends up sounding too much like something I've already written. But I've figured out that if I just close my eyes, and ask myself "What am I thinking about? What is bothering me? What makes me happy right now? What can I hear sitting right here?" and so on, I'll usually find what's blocking my mind and what I really NEED to write about. And sometimes I'll even just write in journal form until I figure out what I'm doing.

And remember... writing is our way of expressing feelings. It's a hobby and a venting method... it's not always a bad thing that you're having trouble writing. Write for your own happiness... not to impress other people.

Alright, that's my thought for the day.

-Lioness

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Infectious Muselessness

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary