navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Sorry but I have to ask.....
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sorry but I have to ask..... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
teenpoet
since 2001-10-17
Posts 280
Michigan

0 posted 2003-05-19 10:48 AM

What is the point of it all?  Why aM I so odd?  And why can't I ever just fit in?  I can't seem to attract guys and I don't have close friends.  And there is no intriuging distingiushing factor about me that would catch others' attentions.  What am I to do?
© Copyright 2003 Alicia Adams - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2003-05-19 01:04 PM

First of all, HUGS.

And no, I won't even pretend to know the point of it all.

And maybe you are not "odd" but SPECIAL.

As for the guys, and the friends, maybe because you are special, there is someone SPECIAL waiting for you.

And your caring heart is distinguishable.

And what do you do? You persevere, lovie. It's all we have to do.

Love to you.

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
2 posted 2003-05-19 05:07 PM

Hey,
just wanted to say, I understand where you are coming from, I felt exactly the same way when I was 17. Im nearly 20 now, and I won't pretend I don't sometimes wonder still...but things change and it gets easier, I promise. Guys will come along in their own sweet time, probably they are too immature still. I found they became human as I entered university...
MSN me if you want to talk anytime: pigletdoglet@hotmail.com
Love, Liz xxx

"Gorge the honey from life, and live through the stomach aches knowing they will pass..." ~Liz Pinard 2003~

blueyedlioness
since 2003-04-24
Posts 289
USA
3 posted 2003-05-19 08:47 PM

One of my friends once told me that in my case, it was because they were afraid. Because I was so deep, so special, they were intimidated, and tried to put me off as weird, when really, they were afraid. And that made me feel a lot better.

You're not weird to us, you know. You fit in here.

Ya ever wanna talk...

e-mail: notanothertrend@yahoo.com
AIM: ahiddensong
YIM: shuriryuprincess

Riley
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-07-18
Posts 1038
in the pouring rain
4 posted 2003-05-19 09:33 PM

I once wondered the exact same thing. But then ( me and my little poetic mind, dangerous ) I started to think. If the guys don't want to know me, its there fault. If my friends call me weird, let them. Nothing mattered to me and I concentrated on myself, and reflecting on my life, instead of worrying what everyone thought. Then like everyone started talking to me, I have a bunch of friends, including sum guys, and you know what, they don't call me weird any more. And it's just been awesome. So I guess what I am trying to say is, just do what you wanna do, find yourself, learn more about yourself, and then maybe, you'll just attract people like a magnet. Life is getting harder for me cause I am gonna be a freshman,( and i haven't had a b/f ) but you know what, I have my true friends, and some guys that tell me I am purty from time to time   and thats all I need. And as far as ditingushing ( i can't spell ) factors go, find a feature that you have, or like your writing skills, and high light it. just make that stand out, like i love my eyes, so i say everything with my eyes ( i have a guy friend that can read eyes so not good ) and i use some make-up to highlight them. just think about it

I hope I helped ( though I probably didn't hehe )

lotz of luc,
riley leanne

*the bloody tide comes in on the shore, time after time*

[This message has been edited by Riley (05-19-2003 09:35 PM).]

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
5 posted 2003-05-20 12:20 PM

You just described me for a portion of my teenage years. (actually, you could change the boyfriends for girlfriends if you wanted to be nice). I eventually grew out of it and became a self-secured individual, who grew up to marry a gorgeous wife, and I have a great number of friendly aquaintances (my definition of friends in different than most), and I get along very well in social situations.
Keep up with the positive thoughts about yourself, and the rest will fall into place.

Day after day I'm more confused,
So I look for the light through the pouring rain...

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
6 posted 2003-05-20 06:34 AM

In reality - NONE of us "fit" in - because there really is NO real NORMALITY... Those who would encourage you to think their way is best - are merely trying to fit in themselves... Just try to be comfortable with the person you are - and build upon your own strengths - It'll work out...
teenpoet
since 2001-10-17
Posts 280
Michigan
7 posted 2003-05-20 10:36 AM

See yeah you are all great and what not but that stuff doesn't always work.  So do i just sit here for years just waiting for people to naotice that I'm not all that bad?  that's a pretty lonely way of life.  I try to be outgoing and talk to people but get so intimidated when they respond negatively.
Riley
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-07-18
Posts 1038
in the pouring rain
8 posted 2003-05-20 01:31 PM

No don't sit around. Just be yourself around everyone. Don't try and fit in to any certain group! I mean why would you want to. I know I don't. All you have to do is really find yourself and just be that. And if it isn't good enough for anyone then why bother with them. You don't need to follow any certain advice as to how to get popular. You are a poet, so as a poet, find an inspirational song, and then let it speak to you. Find anything with meaning and just follow it. Why take someones advice when you can just be yourself. God has a plan for all of us, and he will eventually bring you into play, so to speak. Good luck in all life.

Riley Leanne

*the bloody tide comes in on the shore, time after time*

blueyedlioness
since 2003-04-24
Posts 289
USA
9 posted 2003-05-20 04:53 PM

I agree with Riley.

However, if you'd like a project to start on right now... the next time you're somewhere where there are a lot of people you sort of know, like school, or work, every time you see one of them, smile. And say hi if you want. People may just be a bit afraid to talk to you... all of us are afraid of rejection.

Good luck!

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

10 posted 2003-05-20 05:30 PM

smile. You just reminded me. When I was sixteen I was so shy I would have an anxiety attack just saying "hello."

Things DO change.

spritrider87
since 2003-05-31
Posts 294
NH
11 posted 2003-06-01 03:04 PM

hey just hang in there . i know where you are coming form.  ill look for your work. see you around *hugs*

i am in trouble but no one knows it if you can figure out my messages thenhelp me.

Bec
since 2001-02-23
Posts 475
Canberra
12 posted 2003-06-02 08:06 PM

hi teenpoet...

i know what you mean. i'm 22, and after splitting up with my boyfriend of 5 1/2 years, i felt the same way. but i found that if i kept going with life, things would happen when i was least expecting it!

join a team or a club, do some volunteer work, anything that will get you in a group of people with the same interests as you.

if you want to talk, email me faeries_child@hotmail.com. it looks like plenty of other people have offered too. so even though we're not the sort of friends that you can just go down the road and visit, we're all here for you.

Bec

"Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you."
-Winnie-the-Pooh

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Sorry but I have to ask.....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary