navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Lost my spark
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Lost my spark Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ

0 posted 2003-05-14 03:16 PM

Seriously, I'm losing it. I barely look at the poems here and it's been a while since i posted my own. One maybe is because the computer isn't in my room anymore, but I can still go to the school media center. I've been losing that passion I used to have when I'm doing things I enjoy. I can't write anymore, I don't draw as much, I'm not interested in anything but sleeping. I want to write, but I can't seem to get any feeling. Reading poems doesn't help anymore. I don't cry, laugh, flame up, relax...nothing. [sigh] even the dark section doesn't appeal to me, and that's my fav forum. What's happened? I've no energy at all or even feel that soulfelt passion that drives me to write and draw. I feel like a machine, just do it and move on, read it and move on... If you see a lost muse wandering about, please let me know, I think it might be mine. <=(

I am the result of a typical dysfuctional family

© Copyright 2003 George Salazar - All Rights Reserved
Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
1 posted 2003-05-14 03:47 PM

Start reading some of the greats... dip into the Romantic era, for example, and see how they did it back then... read books about poetry, not just of poetry... discover the different views of what poetry is, and then see if you can develop your own.  It will probably give you a million new things to write about and a million new ways in which to write them...

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2003-05-14 03:55 PM

We need a 'muse less' forum so we can all sit and whine together!! I know how you feel. What I try to do is challenge myself to do something I'm not good at..like computer graphics. But since you don't have instant access to a computer, why not take a long walk and pick up stuff along the way and make a collage? Paint a wall...use sheets to make curtains...go to a craft store and just walk around. Go to a kids playtime and watch them use their imagination (I love kids who make up stuff!).

And if that doesn't help..just sit over here on this stool and we'll whine together!

morefiah
since 2003-03-26
Posts 150
Spanish Town, Jamaica
3 posted 2003-05-15 10:14 AM

Count me in on that whining session. This has never happened to me before. Do you think that our muses are ganging up on us or something? I feel lost!!
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

4 posted 2003-05-15 11:47 AM

I've been losing that passion I used to have when I'm doing things I enjoy. I can't write anymore, I don't draw as much, I'm not interested in anything but sleeping. I want to write, but I can't seem to get any feeling.
============================

this is not just a matter of your muse and not being able to write poetry...
the things you speak of above are text book signs of depression... you need to explore what is the root of this and try and work past it or ask for some guidence in doing so.
Ive been there...Im still there, but doing better since I got some help with understanding the reasons and the solutions.
Good luck to you...the poetry comes back when youre in a place where you can hear the muses speaking. take care
jm

JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA
5 posted 2003-05-15 12:31 PM

Muse?  what the heck is a muse?  

Now, I don't want to brag but...  I never have inspiration, I just type... and when I go back and read some of what I post I can really see the crop I have sewn... Actually, my muse comes to me in a phrase or a word. The rest is just me trying to manipulate language until I run out of steam or a logical conclusion shows it's head.

I am all for a Whiney forum, I will be a regular visitor.

Yesterday is ash, tomorrow is smoke; only today does the fire burn.
Nil Desperandum, Fata viem invenient

Kamala
since 2003-04-17
Posts 59
CA, USA
6 posted 2003-05-15 12:52 PM

Wow... I can SO relate to these feelings, as I'm sure a lot of us can.  In fact, I've been thinking about it a lot recently... how i just haven't written much lately that i consider worthwhile.  and how i can't seem to find the inspiration to write more.  this is the curse of being a fundamentally creative person, i think: that what we most value (creating something beautiful) is something that simply cannot be rushed or even sustained for long periods of time.  i think we just have to accept that there are going to be periods when we can't write... or when we think we can't.  but the perspective and patience necessary to be okay with that is a whole other story.

i'm with you... you have my deepest empathy.

Kamala

wings of the moon
since 2003-03-27
Posts 323
Pink bubblegum land
7 posted 2003-05-18 11:23 AM

well it sounds as if you are just going through a slight depression...
I have those sometimes and yes you have to go back to the basics, read the first poems you've ever read (for me it was Baudelaire), go back to your favourite childhood books.
Or leave this place for a while, you'll only love it more when you come back.
Don't worry its only temporary and you will feel better soon, I promise

"more than yesterday, less than tomorrow, i love you"

KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
8 posted 2003-05-18 01:26 PM

count me in....I haven't been writing or reading.  I've lost all desire, but I know why.  It's because of stress and other things in my life.  

All I can offer is to wait it out.  Things will turn around soon.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Lost my spark

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary