navwin » Discussion » Feelings » A Letter From My Soldier
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Letter From My Soldier Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California

0 posted 2003-05-01 07:15 PM

In response to my poem "Thank You for My Soldier" which was written in faith that one day soon I would indeed hear from my soldier, I would like to state here with great gratitude and thanks be to God that I have truly at last heard from my soldier. I received an e-mail letter from my son, Jeramiah, who is stationed on the aircraft carrier Constellation which has been involved in fighting the war in Iraq.  He is  my son from a previous marriage, so regretfully I have not heard from him in over three years. Even though I have not heard from him for so very very long, I am so very very pleased, proud and happy to have heard form him, now, and to announce to you, my poet friends, that he is returning home safe from war. God bless you and thank you everyone for your continued prayers and support.

-Bob

May 30, 2003

A Letter From
Jeramiah

Dear Dad,

We are finally coming home from the dark abyss. What I like to call the Arabian gulf. Now, we are heading home. Home as Champions. Champions of justice. Champions of our own fates. We fought evil and have proven successful. Champions of freedom to those who have only known the abyss. Champions of liberty to those who know no liberty.

So, how are things in the civilian world? How are things in the world of where sanity is taken for granted? How’s Irene, Andrea and Jonathan. I am proud to have escaped from the Dragon’s claw. Now, I return as a conquering hero.

Sincerely,                      

J MICHAUD    

© Copyright 2003 Robert E. Michaud Jr. - All Rights Reserved
Irie
since 1999-12-01
Posts 1493
Washington State
1 posted 2003-05-01 07:34 PM

I am so glad he is coming home safe and happy to see that
after three years he has sent you a letter telling you so.

God Bless

~Sheri

"Don't wait for your ship to come in ...
Swim out to it"

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

2 posted 2003-05-01 10:04 PM

What a beautiful and profound letter... praise God for his safe return!!!!!

Oh, make me Thine forever
And should I fainting be
Lord, let me never ever
Outlive my love for Thee

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
3 posted 2003-05-02 05:36 PM

Bob:

. . . brought tears to my eyes
Truly . . . you are blessed

*big smiles here*
xxoo

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2003-05-03 03:04 AM

How wonderful for you both Bob, and you must be especially proud as he is coming home a champion.  Bless him.
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2003-05-03 08:08 AM

quote:
He is my son from a previous marriage, so regretfully I have not heard from him in over three years.

But you must have done something right...he calls you Dad, and he's eager to share with you what he accomplished.  I would say, job well done, from both sides.  Please give your son my thanks for his efforts of that, and his team.

Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
6 posted 2003-05-03 11:58 PM

That is wonderful Bob....
I'm glad your son is good!!!!
HUGS,
Bridgette

"Somewhere, somehow, it should be possible to touch someone and never let go again.  To hold someone, not for a moment but forever." Unknown

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

7 posted 2003-05-06 08:50 PM

That's fantastic, Bob! I'm smiling!
Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
8 posted 2003-06-02 08:17 PM

I just found this as I was browsing, Bob.  You know I am so glad that you have heard from him, that he is okay and I hope for a closer relationship for the two of you.  Have you ever sent him some of your wonderful poetry?  Love, Joyce
Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
9 posted 2003-06-03 01:57 PM

Oh, wow... this is wonderful news indeed!  I really hope only good things come of this.

--Marie

"You can be idealistic for all of ten seconds before you die." (Imitation of Life)

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
10 posted 2003-06-23 01:27 PM

Don't let another three years pass...he is a hero to us all...please tell him so.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » A Letter From My Soldier

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary