navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Me? Scared?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Me? Scared? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

0 posted 2003-01-22 10:57 PM

no.. not just scared. TERRIFIED!

It just hit me.. I'm thinking about all the universiy auditions and scholarship competitions I'm going to go through shortly and it scares me to death. I mean... bascially, my whole life will depend on how I do at these things. I've done well at one audition, and you'd THINK they'd get less frightening, but you know what? THEY DON'T!

I really don't know how to deal with this fear. I know I have to get over it (and when it comes to actually DOING the singing, a good portion of it will leave), but it's driving me crazy NOW. I keep thinking "what on earth will I do with myself if I can't do music?".. and I don't even want to think the thought...

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.--Jesus Christ

© Copyright 2003 Erica N. - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2003-01-23 11:02 AM

I think most actors and actresses that I have seen interviewed on TV say that they are always jittery and scared before auditions, and although they are very good at memorized lines for movies etc... they have trouble on the talk show circuits.
So I believe  from my own experiences in front of others, that it is normal to feel that way...and  confidence comes with experience.

Good Luck, you are beautiful and I am sure  give a wonderful presence in front of  others.

hugss
M

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
2 posted 2003-01-23 04:08 PM

So don't think the thought.   You'll be fine, Erica.  You want it badly enough that you'll get it. I know this is going to sound corny, but think positive thoughts hon; they do help
knightlyshadows
since 2001-04-14
Posts 791
obscured vision
3 posted 2003-01-29 08:59 PM

A little late getting to this, but that's alright. *peck*
Erica, you have the faith in yourself and your believes to do as much, see as much, and go as far as you wish to. You have a God-given talent that you're using for good. There's nothing standing in your way. So cease your dreams. All it takes is to reach out, something you've been doing your whole life it seems.

“A single choice can build destinies, or destroy them.”
"You can't fight the tears that aren't coming.."

[This message has been edited by knightlyshadows (01-29-2003 09:05 PM).]

brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
4 posted 2003-01-30 05:55 PM

i did this acting course, it was mainly about what happens at auditions, how to act...etc. and the guy whow as teaching the course, runs a casting agency, he said the best advice I can give you to make that day a day out, threat yourself to something on that day, then go in do the audition and don't thinki about getting it or not getting it, just do your best job. If you get worried or put too much thought into it you will not perfom as well.  

This relaxed attitude does work, I found that most of the interviews I go for I treat them like friendly chats. Its a bit of fun.
Best of luck with it

got hips like cinderella must be having a good shame talking sweet about nothing
cookie i think you're tame" The Pixies

jade dragoness
since 2003-01-25
Posts 76

5 posted 2003-02-01 09:27 AM

Just do it!
haha, sounds simple, doesn't it?

Good luck, and no matter what happens, you can always sing your heart and soul.

[This message has been edited by jade dragoness (02-01-2003 09:28 AM).]

chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada
6 posted 2003-02-11 07:00 PM

I feel your pain, but I agree. Just go for it. Performing for me still isn't the easiest thing to do, even after 12 years. Just redirect that nervousness into something wonderful (like adrenaline...get pumped ), it will just be so much more of an overwhelming feeling of self-fulfillment in the long run...like a rush of freedom.

"what on earth will I do with myself if I can't do music?"

If you love it, keep doing it. Nothing's stopping you (except eating and sleeping, but they don't count cuz you kinda need to survive. )

Wishing you luck,
Leah
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Me? Scared?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary