navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Love, just love
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Love, just love Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Smoothy
since 2002-12-02
Posts 119
The dark side of the moon

0 posted 2002-12-02 04:45 AM

Okay, I've been asking a lot of my close friends about this lately and since I joined this family of friends, I might as well ask you too. This girl I know, Dana, is really special to me. She has a boyfriend though. What I want to know is how should I tell her how I feel about her so I can move on. I've written her poetry before, but I don't think she understood the sincerity of it.I've been trying to tell her for a while now, but either couldn't find a way to say what I wanted or just couldn't gather the courage. Any advice would be helpful.

© Copyright 2002 Bryan Nascak - All Rights Reserved
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

1 posted 2002-12-05 11:39 AM

Hey... this is a pretty tough situation. Is she happy with this man? If it seems that she's really happy, maybe it's better if you keep this to yourself. If you tell her, it just might make things very complicated for her, and then she'll have a mess on her hands. If you REALLY love her, you'll be HAPPY for her, even if she's not with you. I know thats really tough because I'm going through this now and I've been through it before, but love evolves to more mature levels, and you'll learn to love her this way. Best of luck!

Most of us go to our grave with our music still inside of us.

Smoothy
since 2002-12-02
Posts 119
The dark side of the moon
2 posted 2002-12-05 09:26 PM

Thanks for replying to this, your the first. I never really thought of it that way. Besides, I don't think I could tell her even if I wanted to.

Love conquers all, so I must be in a losing battle.

Kosetsu
since 2001-03-10
Posts 450
Alabama, USA
3 posted 2002-12-09 07:29 AM

If you want it badly enough, just sit tight.  Be as close as friend as you can be, and don't try to push it.  Good things come to those who wait, or so they say..

Who knows? Maybe the relationship with her current boyfriend won't work out.

-Adam

majnu
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 2002-10-13
Posts 1088
SF Bay Area
4 posted 2002-12-12 12:53 PM

ask yourself how much you want her.

if the answer is enough, then go get her.

-majnu
--------------------------------------
Timid thoughts be not afraid. I am a Poet.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Love, just love

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary