navwin » Discussion » Feelings » my life sucks
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic my life sucks Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
alex m
since 2002-08-27
Posts 12

0 posted 2002-08-27 06:15 PM

Well lets see if i can tell you about how my life sucks..well to anyone else it might not sound so bad..im sure theres other people with much crappier lives...but to me my life sucks

For one thing my family is ALWAYS in a state of poverty, this in itself is very taxing on my soul, not so much now as it was a few years ago but still having to go to school at 6 am then going to work till 1 am just so your family can keep the house they are living in..couple this with always trying to hide your poverty from the people at school so people will still like you.

next school in general ....im a very smart person, not bragging or anything...but im also a very lazy person..so though i could do very well in school i always put things off untill the very last moment or just keep puting them off till theres nothing i can do...this makes me perform very poorly at school despite my intelligence

and then what should be the least of my problems is actually what brings me down the most...what makes me depressed all the time.....a girl..ha! a petty thing.....the affections of a girl are what depress me the most..drive me to the brink of insanity and beyond...but its true this one girl is all the world to me...nothing else matters to me....all i can think about is her....yet i can talk to no one about...i cannot approach her as one must not aproach a goddess...but just sitting near her basking in her beautifull glory is enough for me....but the long spaces of time without her sight are too much....and i try to even write poems to capture that pain and suffering and hate and love i feel towards her but everything falls short.

so this may sound like a pathetic thing for one to be depressed about but at least now i feel somewhat better just writing it all down

© Copyright 2002 Alex Montello - All Rights Reserved
Alexia
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-07
Posts 164
Sweet And Sassy
1 posted 2002-08-27 06:25 PM

Aww, it'll all get better.
If you like the girl that much, why don't you talk to her? Tell her you like her, ask her out? Something at least. If she says no, it'll all be alright. I mean, if she says no, she must not be worth your time and you'll find someone better, but i'm sure sure she'll say yes!  
I kinda know how you feel though, I love this guy .. it's just we can't really go out b/c he's afraid b/c i'm not 18 and he's 21.
Welp good luck
Hope your life gets better for ya! =)
Alexia

*Love might not make the world go round but it's what makes the ride worth while*

anya
since 2002-07-27
Posts 393
London, UK
2 posted 2002-08-27 06:31 PM

If these things are making you depressed then they are not pathetic at all, there are always going to be somebody out there with bigger problems than ourselves but that doesn't make our own problems any less real does it. oh and I can really relate to the hiding the poverty thing, I live in an area where people are normally well off so that makes me somewhat of a oddity aroung here, when i was a  kid the people in my class found out that I lived in a flat and that meant I was looked down on all the time but I have now realised that I have nothing to be ashamed of, if people judge me on where I live or how much or rather how little my parents earn then stuff them, there will always be people, your real friends who don't give a toss! I don't really know what else to say except I am sorry you are feeling bad and I hope this vent helped you,
Anya

[This message has been edited by anya (08-27-2002 06:40 PM).]

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
3 posted 2002-08-28 01:04 AM

You've got the right idea, write it all out, especially if it makes your day go easier. Anya's answer is good.
Keep your mind and heart open to the good things in life that surround you, focus on the little things that make you smile. the bigger problems sometimes just disappear if you tackle the smaller ones one-at-a-time. And poverty? It isn't always a money issue. I am really desperately poor right now, yet richly rewarded emotionally for taking a low paying job I like rather than a higher paying one I would not have enjoyed. It's the perspective. Try looking at things from a different angle. And write. As for the opposite sex, this is always the toughest part of life, and I've had more failures than successes, so I can't speak to that issue with much confidence. But keep writing!

alex m
since 2002-08-27
Posts 12

4 posted 2002-08-28 06:06 AM

hehe i dunno why but ever since i posted this today ive felt a lot better than i have for awhile

btw if anyone wants to talk to me i think i have my icq number available i love to talk to new people

anya
since 2002-07-27
Posts 393
London, UK
5 posted 2002-08-28 06:30 AM

I always feel better when i have vented, i don't know how it helps but it sure as hell does, glad you are feeling a bit better
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » my life sucks

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary