navwin » Discussion » Feelings » technology
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic technology Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
haydenjames
since 2002-02-14
Posts 164
Antigua & Barbuda

0 posted 2002-06-25 03:09 PM

Technology. Where would be without it? Then too there’s the question, what were they thinking with that invention?!. Ok I’ll elaborate a bit. A couple days ago on zdnet.com I read about the new invention of the “tooth phone” which consists of a tiny radio wave receiver being implanted into a tooth during routine dental surgery. Ok don’t start laughing yet, because I didn’t. At first, to me it seemed to be a landmark invention. Just imagine, you will never have to worry about forgetting your cell phone at home or loosing it.

My admiration lasted about 3 seconds, (yea I think that fast) then some good old-fashioned common sense kicked in and I do hope it kicks those British engineers in their head soon also. Let’s talk about this “tooth phone” for a few. Again, I congratulate these guys on their “accomplishment”, but gosh what were they thinking?! I’m no engineer, but what happens if the phone rings while I’m brushing my teeth? Guess you can never tell a friend, “oh sorry I missed your call, I forgot my phone in the car”. Then, there’s the, “excuse me sir, can I borrow your cell phone please, it’s and emergency?” Also, think of how funny it would be if you were on the train or bus to work and your mouth started ringing!

On a positive note they said that they have a lot of enhancements to make in future. Although, I’m quit sure you’ll agree, they need to scrap this one. One final note, I did try calling one of the engineers for a comment on this “invention” but I got his voicemail which said “I’m sorry I can’t answer right now, I’m eating.” Ok... ok… I’m just kidding.

When it comes to cell phones, the newest features and best designs are in Japan. Then, they usually take a few months to get down to the US and priced as if you're buying an accessory for a 5 liter Benz. If you’re in the market for a new cell phone I would recommend you check out one of these: the Ericsson T68, Motorola V60, Motorola V70, Samsung I300 or the LG VX1.

My poetry is at:  http://www.thehayden.org

© Copyright 2002 hayden a. james - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2002-06-25 04:19 PM

Jay Leno has pretty much played this story to death, hitting it several nights in a row, and was probably less than kind to the English with many of his jokes. Most were too obvious to be funny, but I did smile when a comment was made on this invention and its possible impact on phone sex.

Phones in general, and cellular phones specifically, are evil. A necessary evil, yea, but still evil. Fortunately, soon after the devil invented the phone, God came up with the answering machine. That helped tremendously, but it wasn't quite enough, so then God came up with e-mail. All is right with the world again.

haydenjames
since 2002-02-14
Posts 164
Antigua & Barbuda
2 posted 2002-06-25 04:41 PM

to bad i live in the caribbean.

My poetry is at:  http://www.thehayden.org

Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX
3 posted 2002-06-26 12:50 PM

It isn't that bad that you live in the Carribean.  My mother is from Barbados and my father from Trinidad. I wish that I were there right now that is one of my warm feelings by the way.

Anyway, cell phone cells are eletronic leases.  If I'm not in my usual haunts then I don't want to be found.
I will congratulate them on the "tooth phone" but I think that it is rather stupid, then how do you get away from it.  I hate cell phone personally.  

Think of it this way, they have you turn off your phone when you are in the hospital or around ppl with pacemakers and such.  It is so small that you might forget and then what.  That is a horrible idea.
Let's make them smaller and smaller till they disappear.  Then you won't just forget your cell phone you won't be able to find it when you need it.

That is all.

Love,
Ladycat

Live in my world just once and you'll find yourself enraptured.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » technology

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary