navwin » Discussion » Feelings » It's Pouring Rain and Tears on the West Coast
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic It's Pouring Rain and Tears on the West Coast Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2002-05-28 06:00 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this, and as I had a lot of feelings about this I figured this was as good a place as any.  Today at 2:30 p.m. the interment of Larry Chadwick's daughter, Ginger Michelle took place in one of the worst rain storms I have seen in a long, long time.  The rain is so violent in Vancouver that it is coming down  in buckets, to the point that it is running in sheets down the street, and that means that in Seattle, Washington it is no different.  

I love walking in the rain (heck you have to if you live in Vancouver), but sometimes if you were heading down the road marked, "Sad", then rain has its way of adding to that depression.  I think I started feeling sorry for myself today because someone had hurt my feelings by taking something I said the wrong way, or so I thought.  Then, I realized it wasn't about that at all that. I was so incredibly sad, and it was about Larry's daughter's interment today.  The thoughts that had gone through my head earlier when the rain had been so incredibly strong were of Larry and his family all standing out in this horrible pouring rain.  Then I thought out loud, "Heaven is really crying for Ginger today." It wasn't until I got in touch with my own "real" feelings were that I soon was crying for her, for Larry and his family, for their incredible loss, and for my own loved ones lost.  I began to look at my own mortality, and through this accute introspection I knew, rain and tears were so similar.  They were God's way of cleansing our souls of incredible sorrow.  In all these tears, I felt a tiny smile curl my lips, as I realized my day was not all that bad afterall, and God, I had so much to be thankful for.  I got on my knees right then and there, and prayed all those in heaven, and all of us here on earth as well.  May her soul rest in peace.

There is nothing means more to me than
my faith, my family and my friends.

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (05-28-2002 11:09 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

1 posted 2002-05-28 06:23 PM

We buried my best friend from high school's husband in a freezing down pour...he was only 22 years old....
A few years later, (after she had remarried)
we buried her baby son ... in a torrential down pour. Another friends teenage daughters funeral was the same.
The day we buried my grandmother at 82 years old...the sun was out and there was a glorius breeze to carry her home...it was her time...she was ready.
Coincidence? you tell me....
I believe anytime someone is taken too soon Heaven mourns with us.

God speed and God bless to Larry and family on this day.
Thank you Sharon for sharing this with us.
jm

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2002-05-28 07:11 PM

JM, it poured the day my daughter was buried, and the day Jenna was buried! I was not there at her actual burial, because only her memorial service was here, as she died here, but that was a sunny day.  Her actual burial was in Winnipeg and they said out of no where a torrential downpour started and everyone got soaked. My wonderful boss, another good friend Donna, all got buried on rainy days, and they also died way too young.  Oh I hope you're right, and that there is a special spot in God's heart for those he needs so early to do his work that young. I do know this for sure, the goodness of all of those I mentioned (except my own child who I never got to know as she died as a baby) were all made of the stuff heaven is supposed to be made of.  Today, is "a good day/bad day kind of day".  I think every time someone dies it "triggers" all the losses we have accumulated in our lifetime and we grieve all over again BUT I think that is a good thing as it makes being alive and wanting to make the most out of life that more inviting.  I guess the best part is that it rekindles the memory of those we loved and lost, and makes us love those around us as much as wel can.

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (05-28-2002 10:51 PM).]

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
3 posted 2002-05-28 07:58 PM

How sad, and yet, mayber how fitting. I hope Larry's family will stay strong, and see this downpour from your POV.
Madame Chipmunk
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-05
Posts 8296
Michigan
4 posted 2002-05-28 09:23 PM

I love rainy days for some reason, Sharon...
I have never been able to figure out exactly why....but maybe in a past life, I was buried on a rainy day too....one thing I DO know is that I was BORN on a rainy day...at least into this lifetime, and it often rains on my birthday.  Both my first husband and my older son died on absolutely perfect days, and neither one was buried on a rainy day...but in both cases....it was unseasonably cold and there was a harsh wind blowing from the west.  But I still believe that heaven was crying for Ginger Michelle today...may she eternally rest in peace...
I wrote a poem a while back, called "Teardrops of Rain"  I think I posted it here...if I did, I'll re-post it, if I didn't, I'll just post it....

~loving hugs

Lyra

copyright2002 Lyra Nesius

"poetry is life distilled"  Gwendolyn Brooks

[This message has been edited by Madame Chipmunk (05-28-2002 10:21 PM).]

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
5 posted 2002-05-28 10:28 PM

I have to say that I love rainy days too..they calm my spirit. But perhaps..it slows me down enough to feel..to get in touch with me. But I never feel sad about rainy days. Sometimes I really miss me...does that make any sense?

I feel sad though when life is short for those that do so much for others that create beauty..that really do bring sunshine and actually brighten the room for people..that go way too quick. While those that are evil doers and hurt people and create scars..keep on keeping on..perhaps that will be their life..to keep on that path and never be able to sway from it..no matter how much they want to love..or be loved they can't.. While the ones that try..that glow with giving..gain wings. I still can't help but miss them.

Who is to say..certainly not me...but I can hope...and I do believe that heaven does weep.. I do believe that our hearts ache so bad and instead of bleeding...we weep.. so we can love some more.

I really appreciate you sharing this. I really appreciate and admire Larry and hope that he and his wife will find light through the torrential heartbreak...

Thanks for you..

Sincerely,
Reg

Madame Chipmunk
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-05
Posts 8296
Michigan
6 posted 2002-05-28 10:29 PM

Sharon...here is the link to the poem I mentioned in my previous reply....
I hope I do this right...
because I'm still a novice at this stuff.

Teardrops Of Rain

Lyra

[This message has been edited by Madame Chipmunk (05-28-2002 10:32 PM).]

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
7 posted 2002-05-28 10:32 PM

I understand.

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
8 posted 2002-05-28 11:10 PM

Lyra thank you for that poem, and Karilea I know you understand.  Thank you.
Madame Chipmunk
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-05
Posts 8296
Michigan
9 posted 2002-05-28 11:15 PM

You are so very welcome, Sharon...
and Reg...
I think you really said it well...its all about getting in touch with our inner selves...our souls.  I think that when the sun shines too bright, we can't see ourselves as well as we can when its cloudy....and of course when it rains, I think we see ourselves reflected in the raindrops....

~rainy day hugs

Lyra

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
10 posted 2002-05-29 07:54 AM

Regina is always right   Always!  And of course I too like to go inside often, but when it rains you are right Reg, I find more of me, and that's a good thing as that darn Martha would say!
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
11 posted 2002-06-03 11:01 PM

Sharon and all,
One of my lessons learned from all of this is the strength one finds in friendship. Thank you so much Sharon for all you have done and for thinking of me during such overwhelming times.

Ginger's interment was another powerful experience. It was attended by about 35 people and it did not rain. I was the first and her grave and the last to leave. When I had her casket lowered into the ground all 8 of her students that skipped school to be there were the only ones with me. Such comfort in the middle of such sorrow, to know how much difference she made..I stayed for most of a half hour after the service. I was looking for the cd that we played "I can see clearly now" at her funeral. That didn't work out. So I gave up and looked for the oldies station and it started to rain. I liked that...I drove out alone in the rain with the radio rattling the windows out rocking to "Mony Mony"! Tears rolled across a huge smile Ginger would have liked that moment. Thanks...to all.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
12 posted 2002-06-03 11:06 PM

Tears for Larry, tears for Ginger, tears for the whole planet.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » It's Pouring Rain and Tears on the West Coast

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary