navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Guy problems...
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Guy problems... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Chrissy
since 2002-01-24
Posts 81
Idaho, no I am not a farmer!

0 posted 2002-02-04 04:48 AM

I have a situation and I guess I have been waiting to Vent.  Here goes.  I dated a guy for a year and was engaged to him.  When it came time to meet his parents I fliped, and we broke up over it.  okay, that was a month ago...in that month 2 ex boyfriends, and 2 other guys have wanted to start a relationsihp.  I am one of the biggest flirts, and Just up for anything type of girl, that I have just had fun with this situation.  Now comes the hard part.  I talked to my ex fiance...I still feel that I am madly in love with him, and cant be away from him.  In the past month He moved to OR.  We have been talking on the phone, and tonight he asked me to wear my ring again.  The only person that I can talk about this to is but another guy...and is my cousins friend, so hes like 16, but has a little crush on me.  one small addition.  Im going on a blind date tomorrow night.  I dont even know the guys name.  What am I getting myself into? and how do I get myself out?  I mean, do i weae the ex's ring and try to work things out or do I go on this date tomorrow, and just continue to Have fun?  I mean.  I had the fairytale life planned out with hte wedding, to our house, and our children.  It was like the cute, all amwerican couple.  And now...RAR!  I dont know where to go next...someone please help!

Dance like noone is watching
Sing like noone is listening
Love like you'll never be hurt
Live like its Heaven on earth

HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL!!!

© Copyright 2002 Chrissy Ryen - All Rights Reserved
Bec
since 2001-02-23
Posts 475
Canberra
1 posted 2002-02-04 07:57 AM

Chrissy... To be completely and bluntly honest with you, I don't think that your ex-fiance has any right to ask you to wear the ring again. If he asked you if you want to sort things out, reconcile and proposes to you again, then fine. But by the sounds of things, he didn't do that. Don't let yourself get hurt or confused any more than you already are, it's not worth it. Best of luck.

Bec

"Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you."
-Winnie-the-Pooh

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
2 posted 2002-02-04 10:10 AM

I think you should do whatever makes you happy. If your in love with your ex still and wanna give it another go around then by all means go for it! I mean if you came THIS close to marrying the guy he must have some special quality that just cant be erased because u 2 ended it..he sounds like a great guy and you WERE marrying him for a reason..if you wanna go on the blind date and make that the deciding factor to wether or not you'd like to live a carefree life of fun and excitement and venture out on new experiences then by all means go for it but u never know where your gonna end up. Leave all possibilities open..dont limit yourself until your shur

BoOsH bOoSh nApoLE

jenni
since 1999-09-11
Posts 478
Washington D.C.
3 posted 2002-02-04 12:32 PM

he may still want to marry you, but you clearly don't love him (or in any event aren't ready to marry him), so do the right thing and give him back the ring.  

absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to have fun, date other guys, etc., but it's not cool to leave the oregon guy on the hook like that.  sounds like it's time for both of you to move on.  

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2002-02-04 03:35 PM

Time out for Chrissy! This is tainted by my personal experience, but I have spent a lifetime trying to find my own worth via other people--especially men. It's just textbook psychology, and it does not work.
And I too am a notorious flirt, (I love the attention) but I also tend to have real anxiety over the thought that I may hurt someone. So there you have a recipe for disaster in personal relationships. It's just my own appraisal of self, mind you, but this eager-to-please attitude and hunger for applause is absolutely indicative of a lack of feeling of self worth. So...I guess my advice is to take some time out for YOU--get to know yourself and nurture aspects of yourself that you would like to see actualized. Dare to break some patterns! (and geez, I think I ended up talking more to myself than to YOU...grin)

Thanks, I think it was about time to give myself a pep talk!

JBaker515
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-02-28
Posts 458
Dartmouth College
5 posted 2002-02-13 01:25 PM

You all can date me.   I might be young for some, but it's all good...

~~Jeff~~

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
6 posted 2002-02-13 02:57 PM

All I can say is follow your heart.
If you truely love this guy then put the ring back on before he slips through your fingers.

and jbaker, just how old are you

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
7 posted 2002-02-13 02:58 PM

Oh Jeff... Sorry hun, I'm taken.

It only takes ten minutes to make pidgeons stuffed with apricots.

JBaker515
since 2001-02-28
Posts 458
Dartmouth College
8 posted 2002-02-13 05:08 PM

i'm 19

~~Jeff~~

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
9 posted 2002-02-13 08:49 PM

dang - he's too young for me...

Chrissy - this caught my eye... my advice: don't marry ANYONE!!! if your relationship wasn't strong enough to last something as relatively simple as meeting his parents, then odds are it's not strong enough to handle the many, many other things that a marriage requires. Instead, talk to each other, and spend time together before making any large jumps or life committments. It may very well be that you two belong together, but I am a FIRM believer in people living together before getting married... kinda like taking a test drive on a new car... you don't want to buy it before you find out how comfortable it is, do you?

Just my op...

oh - jbaker can have all those under twenty, i'll take those over, k?

C

JBaker515
since 2001-02-28
Posts 458
Dartmouth College
10 posted 2002-02-14 06:51 PM

Chris, good call buddy.

~~Jeff~~

Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
11 posted 2002-02-14 08:26 PM

alright chris but just how old r u?

Write what you feel, feel what you wrtie.

Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
12 posted 2002-02-14 08:34 PM

oh yeah forgot to write my piece. I know what you mean about bein a flirt and with me it was just to find out what its like to date other men, so I quit my relationship and became single for a few years to have fun and just grow as a person. I not saying that u feel like that but mayb u need to think at the moment what u want and no-one else. If you love the guy go for it, but be prepared to work a little harder at the relationship and make sure hes prepared to do so too, if that is what you choose to do.

Write what you feel, feel what you wrtie.

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
13 posted 2002-02-15 02:42 PM

what's the saying... 'old enough to know better, but still too young to care..."

C

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
14 posted 2002-02-15 09:14 PM

its your lucky day jeff...i'm 19 too but..I'll be 20 before you
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
15 posted 2002-02-25 07:47 PM

Marriage is VERY serious. If you consider going on dates with other people and so on, WHILE being in love with this other guy then I should say that you're not serious about it. If it's FUN, then you're not seriously wanting to be his wife.
If you truly wanted to be with him, you'd know exactly what to do. You'd drop everything and wear the ring again. But then again, if you guys broke up simply because of ONE happening, maybe it's just not meant to be. Good luck

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Guy problems...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary