navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Giving Thanks
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Giving Thanks Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Abigaile
since 2001-10-21
Posts 112
San Mateo, CA

0 posted 2001-11-22 01:44 PM

As I cook dinner for my family today, I think about all those who have touched my life in one way or another. I am reminded of what my grandmother once told me, "give thanks not only for what you HAVE, but for who you are." And we are all who we ae because of the people who have been in our lives. So if you have a friend or a family member, a long forgotten loved one, or someone who held a special place in your heart once, be sure to set aside some time today to reach out to them. Let them know they are still loved. Today is also a great day for making amends. On a day of thanks, we can also be thankful for our ability to forgive, an emotion unique to we humans. If there is someone in your life that you have not spoken with due to a past wrong, think of them today and try to forgive. People can change, I have seen it myself. And if your day allows for it, give them a call or write them a letter, be it email or old fashioned, and reach out to them. And be thankful of the ability to give second (or third or fourth as the case sometimes is) chances.
And so to end, to all those who have touched my life, I say "THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU ALL."

"I am nae poet, in a sense;
But just a rhymer like by chance..."
-Robert Burns

© Copyright 2001 Abigaile - All Rights Reserved
RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
1 posted 2001-11-22 02:22 PM

Very well said! We shall always give thanks for our blessing because it may the last chance to say thanks. have a good one
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Giving Thanks

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary