navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Lonely
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Lonely Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2001-08-10 01:44 AM

in a crowd...that's all just lonely. And more than a little jumpy....

© Copyright 2001 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

1 posted 2001-08-10 03:11 PM

Come sit with me baby....
As always...you mirror my mood and thoughts..
I was talking to someone about this just yesterday..about Lonely in a crowd...
maybe we need a new crowd? *sigh*
I have always said..I think I was "born lonely and depressed"...
Inherited gloom?
the only time I dont feel that way is when Im writing or in here....
(moth news flash) LOL  
anyway..your not alone me sweet sen...not while Im around......
*blowing kisses to the south*  
me

I know no one is to blame
In time youll feel strength when you call my name
I know Ill never hold you again
And I know Ill never be the same
VH

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
2 posted 2001-08-10 05:30 PM

well, i found a new crowd but it's still lonely over there even though it's not as crowded... lol... anyway, i don't ever see you on icq any more even though i decided to be visible to more than one person at a time....lol... used to be i couldn't handle several conversations at once, so i'd focus on one, but then i decided i was lonely, so i made myself visible but nobody says hello any more.. *sob*, oh well, but all this to say if you're lonely there's a lot of that going around and if you want, you could say hi and we could be lonely in a crowd of two or something or other.... i have no clue what i'm trying to say but i wrote a pome once that started like this, "the thing about lonliness is it just doesn't care", sad but true, and i'm rambling here, aren't i? i guess just knowing that other people have the same feelings as me makes me feel like i'm not so alone, y'know? but not being alone has nothing to do with not being lonely because they're totally different things so instead of continuing this nonsense writing because i'm clearly coming to no conclusions at all, i'll just leave you alone for a while and if you ever want to be lonely with me, gimme a call or i'll call you or just do the cyber thing or hell, come on over to virginia and i'll pour you a glass of my whine and then you'll realize that there's someone out there, being me, who oftentimes complains too much about nothing because sometimes it feels like all there is is nothing, y'know? a lot of somethings adding up to nothing, or something or other but then again, what's wrong with that? y'know? it's better to have a lot of somethings adding up to nothings then a lot of nothings adding up to nothing because if you had that, you'd be really really really bored, but as it is, with all the somethings that equal nothing, at least it's really confusing to figure out, y'know what i mean? so that makes it sort of exciting in a drab boring way.... the road to nothing can be something else and the crowded room with all the people who have nothing to say or who have something to say about nothing can make you feel a sorta kinship  in the scope of a special kind of nothingness.... you dig? *wink*, so kiddo, here's the scoop, i'm gonna stop typing now because all of this means nothing and it's making me very lonely typing it all out so maybe i'll write a pome or something but i haven't been able to do that very much or very well lately so maybe i won't, and i'll just sit here and listen to all this wonderful music i have which is what i do every day to fill the empty lonely void of it all but it really does start to get boring and accentuate the loneliness after a while, especially all those really romantic love songs which put chills up my spine and bring tears to my eyes and so, what the heck, i think i'll have a glass of whine now and call it a frigging day because life is short and i'm getting tired of saying nothing.

take care, my distant friend. i miss you much, harpo...........i hope with all the hardships and losses lately, you can move on proud that you dealt with everything so beautifully and knowing that you have so many friends who care deeply for you and that you aren't lonely for long and i truly hope you haven't bothered to read all this gibberish because i'm not sure it would do you any good and i'm hoping it hasn't made things worse....if it means anything, i meant well.....

*sighsighsigh*that'saboutthesizeofit

(((hugs&lovetoyou)))

citizenx
since 2001-07-31
Posts 189
motorcade
3 posted 2001-08-10 06:52 PM

It is funny I always found crowds to be the loneliness places, I tend to fold back in on myself. There is not more beautiful than an intimate meeting, does not have to be a lover can just be a close friend or two. Well I am reaching out from my computer to give you this hug, cos I am lonely tonight too.

shadows flicker sweet end tame
dancing like crazy mourners" magazine

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
4 posted 2001-08-10 08:42 PM

Dear Serenity, remember???

Come sit on me when you are lonely
just rest a bit after a tiresome day
I promise you that I will listen
to all the things you want to say

I'm standing here just for that purpose
and being used for so many years
I'm the keeper of all those secrets
of happy joys and shedded tears

Come sit on me when you feel lonely
I'll comfort you and ease your heart
I know that you feel so much better
when after a while our ways do part

Titia

Didn't know how to paste the url to this thread inhere, but it's in #14.

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Feel free to use the pictures on my website. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace/

[This message has been edited by Titia Geertman (edited 08-10-2001).]

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2001-08-10 10:08 PM

Thank you all...I needed to come home for a bit, and that's where I am now. And so happy to find you all still here, and as warm and caring as I recall. I'm okay. Just had a bad night, and I expect I'll have a few more. But I thank you all much my dear wonderful friends...Janet? how do you always manage to find me? Doreen? laughing...I LOVE your rambles, citizenx...sssh...quietly hugging you, and Titia, I have not know you long, but your generous heart leads me to believe that I have known you forever. Thank you all. I am happy to be here tonight.  
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

6 posted 2001-08-11 04:39 PM

Janet? how do you always manage to find me?
========================

I look in the mirror baby  
*winkiewinkie*
me

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

7 posted 2001-08-11 05:37 PM

Yes, I know the feeling so well. The feeling of loneliness, especially in a crowd. Sometimes being alone is a great feeling but other times you long for the phone to ring or someone to come over and just be there. We have the Internet and I know it has brought me friends and the forum and I'm so thankful for that.  It's terribly sad to admit, but my online friends know me better than those who are around me.  

Be safe and don't feel alone, you have all of us!

" I walked beside the evening sea And dreamed a dream that could not be" George William Curtis"

Kay

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Lonely

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary