navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Why...?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why...? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia

0 posted 2001-06-19 04:41 PM

Why is it that people throw around love when it can be so dangerous??  Why is it so easy for guys to break your heart in half and seem to forget about it an hour later when you're left sitting in a corner, crying from all the pain.  Guys are jerks.  Why do they not take love like females do??  In the past 24 hours, I've come to the basicl conclusion that GUYS SUCK!  And it took me so many years to figure it out.  When it comes to matters of the heart, they are so nonchalant.  ITS FRUSTRATING!

My heart hurts.

[This message has been edited by Fading Away (edited 06-19-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Jennifer Floyd - All Rights Reserved
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
1 posted 2001-06-19 04:42 PM

Yanno, many times I've felt the same way...but about the opposite gender. It's all a matter of perspective. I wish em all well, and hope they are happy with their choices.

[This message has been edited by Alicat (edited 06-19-2001).]

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

2 posted 2001-06-19 11:33 PM

It does suck to get your heart broken! I've had the "guys suck" banner go through my head many times, but try not to hate all guys just because a few of them are jerks. There are a few nice guys out there somewhere, I swear! I hope things go better for you! *hugs*

"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel."-Machiavelli

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
3 posted 2001-06-20 07:43 AM

Why are they so unfeeling about our pain, this is one I will never understand. And it's true, there are plenty of good guys in the world. Most of them, however, we will never meet, as they are home with their wives. Yet miracles happen, I have just seen one happen to my good friend recently. Not that it help, when you are in the corner crying. Hey, I found myself on the bathroom floor in a hotel room, crying my heart out (I really thought it would come out), and still I survived. And I am not sure why yet, but there must have been a reason.
There is nothing like the pain of someone you love going out of your life, especially in a casual, uncaring way. That might be the part that hurts the most. I understand.
Peace
Sandra

Fading Away
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 posted 2001-06-20 02:23 PM

Thanks for the comments everyone.  I feel a lot better today.  Heartbreak is the worst.  I thought the tears would never stop coming... and even now I see something that reminds me of the way things were, and the tears keep coming, even more fresh than before.  I guess I just need time.  Time heals most hurts when it comes to matters of the heart.  This has never happened to me before... but then again, I've never been in love before.  Like Hugh Grant says in Notting Hill, "It's like I've taken love heroine, and can never get it back.  I've opened Pandora's Box, and there was trouble inside."  I don't know much about these feelings, all I know is that my heart hurts, and I can't do anything to make it stop.  Frustration and anger and confusion... and deep love.  That's all I feel, and all at once.  How can I do anything with that?  *sigh* I have a lot of living to do, and a lot of learning to do.  I will get over this.  Everyone is telling me to just forget about it, and move on.  The main question with that is... do I want to?

--Marie

"Well the sun is slowly sinkin' down.  But the moon is slowly risin'.  So this old world must still be spinning 'round.  And I still love you." --Jame

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2001-06-20 09:41 PM

Guys do suck......some of them......well most of them...hehe......I hope things get well with you.....but lemme tell you a little something Marie....I betcha my life that I view love on an eye to eye basis with you......if not even more.
I know what you're going through in the sense of being heartbroken and i've often thought the same thing about women.....the WHY that you're asking.

You'll be fine in the end  

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

White Wolf
since 1999-09-18
Posts 371
Somewhere in the vast wasteland
6 posted 2001-06-21 03:07 AM

Don't feel bad about saying guys suck and are jerks.  Guys ARE jerks and do suck.  It takes a real man to live with and admit his mistakes.  It takes a real man to admit that he has feelings under that tough exterior.  Real men know what love is and the value of it.  Real men cry for a reason and no reason at all.  Real men can't forget the pain they have caused.  Basicly what I want to say is that the pain will subside and you will go on and there are men out there who know exactly what you are going through.  I wish you the best.

The White Wolf

If life is just a game, when does it end cause I want to get to what is real.

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
7 posted 2001-06-21 10:06 AM

The reason why is cause of this "machosistic" attitude.  An attitude put on most guys because of steriotypes passed down thru generations.  Steriotypes that for some reason most guys feel like they have to fulfill or they will be considered in the man world as being "feminine, gay, fag"  It's things like that that makes a typical guy act like he doesn't feel anything.  But deep down inside, I bet you he does.

hi Sweets, Kris, Lizzy, Ina, Erin, Erica, Minna, Kit, Kamie, Javi, Jenn, Sharon, Nan, Cawlee, Cherish, Ashley, Sara, Justine, Leah, Jess, Kimmie, Mare

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
8 posted 2001-06-24 08:13 PM

Why do they not take love like females do??  

"Because men are from Mars, women are from Venus" says the American writer John Gray (ISBN 90 274 3139 6)

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Feel free to use the pictures on my website. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace&naventryid=100

Linc
since 2001-03-07
Posts 552
The Backstreet Boy
9 posted 2001-06-28 08:49 PM

Excuse me! Now it seems to me that I am not a jerk so umm not all guys you know in real life are jerks just the one's you seem to date...

-- Jermaine

"Blood Moon"
   Host: Lark.crodo.com
         Port:1313

Lil_Aussie_Cutie
since 2001-04-28
Posts 45
Qld, Australia
10 posted 2001-06-28 09:38 PM

Hey there...Im only young and Im in love with a man who is also in love with me.  We trust eachother and love eachother, and hypothetically if it didnt work out, I'd feel shattered.  But the thing is, is that...we're like soul mates.  No, we ARE soul mates.  I wasn't sure if they existed before I met him, but I know they do now.  There ARE nice, good men out there =) Although I'm only young, I have older friends whom have confided in me from time to time about love, life, happiness.  You grow from each relationship - you learn something new, so that when you truly do find the one you love and are meant to be with, you dont take it for granted, you cherish it more because of your past, and you have obtained lessons in order to keep the love burning strongly between both your souls.  Good luck.
Janelle aka miss cutie

Heavens Tears
since 2001-03-15
Posts 677

11 posted 2001-07-13 03:24 PM

Guys do suck.  Thats why I havent had a b/f in almost 2 years.  The last major boyfriend I had was a jerk.  Some guys use girls emotions like a rope.  Its sick.  Not all guys of course, but all that I have been unfortunate enough to deal with. :sigh:
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
12 posted 2001-07-13 10:52 PM

Hi again, just wanted to add, that no matter how often well meaning friends will tell you to move on, or just get over it, it can't happen until you want it to, and even force it too, perhaps. It's ok not to want to let go. But after a while the pain gets too much and you kinda have to, out of self preservation.
Good luck
Sandra

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
13 posted 2001-07-14 02:00 AM

Not all guys suck..only the ones who leave us...right? I know it hurts...but you learned something...and that learning will make the next guy a better man for you...
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
14 posted 2001-07-15 02:59 AM

if you would all (women) kindly go to the "why do nice guys finish last?" post in teen chat and search around that HUGE monster of a thread......you'll see that women want "bad boys".....i mean just get another perspective of what women want in there......

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
15 posted 2001-07-15 11:08 AM

Of course some of us want the bad boys, javi. It's all in the image.  
Maybe you should try another breed of male for a while. The males do it, so why can't we? Seriously, branch off into the criminal guy. They are tons of fun.  

Psychopathic chickens are plotting against me...

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
16 posted 2001-07-15 05:44 PM

*becomes the bad boy for a while*

Yer lookin at a new javi!

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
17 posted 2001-07-17 08:42 AM

You wouldn't be bad enough. You're too innocent and pure  

Psychopathic chickens are plotting against me...

Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
18 posted 2001-07-17 10:44 PM

Dopey I can't see u as a bad boy

You don't have a choice to die but you do have a choice how you meet it.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Why...?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary