navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Feeling a bit strange these days
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Feeling a bit strange these days Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone

0 posted 2001-06-14 10:45 PM

For some reason I am not really thinking in my usual poetic way, rather a jumble of thoughts that are spilling out somewhat oddly. I am compelled to keep posting, but I apologize if things are not up to usual. I wonder if anyone has a clue how to stop feeling so confused about life. It seems to be something that no self help book or therapy can touch. Sigh..I am not even making any sense here.
Thanks for listening.
Sandra

© Copyright 2001 Sandra - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2001-06-15 09:23 AM

Um....when I find out the answer to this question, we'll market it and make millions....

Write On!

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2001-06-15 11:41 PM

Yea i feel you here......I feel VERY strange aswell.......I don't feel fit to post.....I don't feel fit to think like I usually do....I can't engage in philosophical discussions anymore.....nothing.
Nothing that requires an actual MIND haha.
I don't know....
I hear ya though....

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
3 posted 2001-06-16 07:43 AM

Javier, maybe it's just too hot to think properly. That's it! I shall blame it on the weather!
S

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

4 posted 2001-06-16 10:24 AM

I understand more than you'll ever  know.  IT's like a connection to feedback, and when you feel lost, lonely or just plain disillusioned at life, you want that connection and there are many people you feel close to right?  And so you just keep writing, I do the same thing to so as not to lose that connection with the ones who have encouraged and understood me when I sure didn't understand myself and I haven't.  

I understand....

"This rose has seen red, I have been blue
I'm going to Ireland in 2002!" Kathleen.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2001-06-16 03:40 PM

Yea..it's the weather  
Well I live in PR.....It's always hot here  

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

6 posted 2001-06-16 05:56 PM

yeah hon - go to sleep heh...have weird dreams - wake up, and the world makes a LOT more sense I tell ya...

lol

seriously...it's a process...we all go through this at times I think...when nothing makes sense, and we feel ignored, lost, useless, apathetic...depressed for no reason.

All we can do is cry..and wail inwardly.

It's hard isn't it? It passes though - that's all I can offer you...and hugs...

K

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
7 posted 2001-06-16 06:09 PM

I know what you mean.  That's happened to me once or twice.  It might be summer fever, maybe?  I don't know what to say other than these feelings come and go.  Some go quicker than others... I hope this passes soon.  Until then, I'll leave you with lots of *HUGS*.  I hope things get better.

--Marie

"You're the girl of my nightmares, erotic and skull-faced.
Anorexic Beauty, feather-weight perfection.  Anorexic Beauty, underweight goddess." --Pulp

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

8 posted 2001-06-18 08:50 PM

~I was in here today and saw you. And I pretty much always feel strange btw,...so I've no clue to your wonders. (So I'll wonder with you). *Peace S, here's hoping things are up.  
White Wolf
since 1999-09-18
Posts 371
Somewhere in the vast wasteland
9 posted 2001-06-19 03:19 AM

So how profound of an answer do you want or need?  Looking at this problem from a medical point of view the most likely cause is a chemical imbalance in the brain.  Too much of one chemical and/or too little of another.  They have all kinds of drugs out there to solve this thing on a chemical level but most carry a list of possible side effects.  Now if we look at this from a psychological stand point a common cause of this problem can be summed up in this.  You have recieved a reminder of something in your past whether you realize it or not.  That reminder brings up feelings and emotions associated with the past event in your life.  The problem comes when you don't recognize these reminders and so the feeling seem to come from nowhere.  The feelings can be intense or just the barest touch in the back of your mind.  Depending on the feeling being brought back up, it can cause enough confusion or restlessness or depression but enough for the sensitive poet to lose his or her wit causing a time in their life that there poetry just doesn't seem to be their best.  Now this is only what I have discovered and it works for me.  Its application or theory applies to many things that happen in our lives.  It affects the way we respond to people from day to day, job preformance and much more.  So like I said when I think of this kind of problem this way I get through it much faster than just waiting it out.  I wish the best to all of you in this.

The White Wolf

If life is just a game, when does it end cause I want to get to what is real.

Logan
since 2001-05-28
Posts 1641
Arkansas
10 posted 2001-06-20 10:23 PM

Ahh Sandra, I will share this with you in the
hopes that it makes some sense.  I went through this, not once, but several times..in a reading by a nativeamerican shaman, I was told this...This is a time of transition, in which you are envolving to a higher plane of awareness. The confusion will pass and a more inner peace and higher state will become present.  gentle smile, well, it worked for me anyway, so hope it will help

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
11 posted 2001-06-21 01:37 AM

I'm sure you'd rather get ((((HUGS))) than offerings of commiseration, eh?   I hope you feel better soon!  

brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
12 posted 2001-06-21 03:30 PM

Sandra, jumbled thoughts are good these things run through my head all the time, I haven't had a logical thought in ages. As they say work with what you got, you might come up with something new and exciting.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Feeling a bit strange these days

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary