navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Boyfriends....
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Boyfriends.... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Raven Skye
since 2001-03-03
Posts 112
.In a House.

0 posted 2001-06-03 12:40 PM

Ever since I was a little girl, I've dreamed of having the most perfect guy and having the most perfect marriage. Now I'm in my teens and I find it so hard to even think about getting married in the future. It seems that all guys are just plain ol' jerks. I can't belive that these guys who i'm growing up with are going to part of future America! They will be running some of the very businesses that we depend on today! It makes me have little hope for society. So this is the the older members, (I'm sure you're still young at heart!), but do these guys change? Or will they continue to be the same? Thanks!!

*×´¨`·.×*Raven Skye*×´¨`·.×*
"Can't explain the way that I feel. You are the love I never found." -Cold

© Copyright 2001 Raven Skye - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2001-06-03 02:25 PM

Well I'm 18 and I do not consider myself a jerk. I am just going to add my 2 cents anyway (is that jerky? hope not).
I think that a lot of teenage boys just want ONE thing and you know what that is, but I will not go on to generalize us men into being like that. Sure, the majority might be, but there's obviously a group of guys who can be classified are NICE.
I think finding a nice guy at ANY AGE is hard. I mean there's always going to be something. Regardless of guys being a jerk or a playa or something.....wouldn't you think that finding a nice guy who fits all your standards would be hard anyway?
So i think that those jerky guys are just tellin you "hey, i suck.....go get bob, he's really nice" and once you realize that a bob really does exist, you can go about looking for a bob...because believe me, a bob is out there just waiting for the right girl to come along.

Raven Skye
since 2001-03-03
Posts 112
.In a House.
2 posted 2001-06-03 03:49 PM

aww....dope.
I'm sorry for placing such a general statement that all guys are jerks. Let's just say that the guys that I've met over my lifetime have all been jerks. Well except for you Dopes!  

Saxoness
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-18
Posts 1102
Texas
3 posted 2001-06-03 05:41 PM

You know, I used to feel the exact same way.  It seemed like every guy I ever met either only wanted one thing from me, or he didn't want me at all because I wasn't pretty enough, or thin enough, or didn't like to party as hard...there was always something.  Eventually I started to believe them, and think there was something wrong with me. I never dated until I went to college. But you know what I figured out?  Guys like that don't know what they want.  So they go after what they think will make them look cool, or for immediate gratification. They're still trying to figure out who they are.  And that stage of life is different for everyone, some men are still in it when they turn 30...40...and it isn't just men, women go through the same thing.  We all want prince charming, the perfect man to come and make all our dreams come true and make us believe in love.  But, is that really fair to the guys out there who actually do have good hearts and good intentions, but mess up once in awhile?  No one is perfect,  sometimes a nice guy is a jerk, and sometimes a nice girl is a pain.  The guy I'm with right now has his faults, but you know what, so do I.  And if I'm not perfect, I can't really expect him to be.  I think it's our imperfections that bring us closer to one another.  I certainly wouldn't change it. So, as far as I'm concerned, Prince Charming is out there, you just gotta know what to look for.   Thanks for listening to my rant lol and I hope HE reads it  

"Glory remains unaware of my neglected dwelling where alone
I sing my tearful song which has charms only for me."

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2001-06-04 01:16 AM

Awww thank Raven....since this is up...let me speak on behalf of a nice guys point of view.....
Here's my story....
I'm the kind of guy who doesn't drink alcohol, never even taken a sip of it in my lifetime....I don't do drugs, and I don't play around with women. I have only had one girlfriend and she has lasted for 3yrs and I'm madly in love with her still.
But what then? What happens afterwards? I lucked out finding an awesome woman for me, and even her.......I was cheated one and dumped twice by her. We had a long talk last night, 1yr after my last dumping, and I cried. I cried because she FINALLY got it. She FINALLY realized that I had loved her just as much then as I do now. She realized that she did all the wrong things, and sure for some reasons (to find out if I did love her) but it all came out with the end effect of me not being able to trust her and not be able to fully EXPRESS myself like I used to.

So the nice guys.....the only woman I have ever loved admitted that I have been the guy that respected her the most in this world and she knows I love her like no man has ever loved her  before. That I am honest and pure.....and all this after 3yrs. After all my love, and all my heart ache. Hey I came out winning right?  
My last 2 months with her will be great. Seize the day......

But...what then? Who likes guys like me? I like comittment, i like nice gals, smart gals, expressive, talkative, kind, sweet, loving, affectionate gals......
And here I see women complaining about the jerks.....sure there's jerks, but then right under your nose there's always a guy just like me.

LoneWolf
since 2001-03-10
Posts 384
IL
5 posted 2001-06-05 12:43 PM

I'd just like to say that i agree with Dopey 100%

It's too bad I'm not as wonderful a person as people say I am, because the world could use a few people like that.
I've learned that even when you th

Raven Skye
since 2001-03-03
Posts 112
.In a House.
6 posted 2001-06-05 09:53 AM

Dopes you're adorable!!  

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2001-06-05 06:20 PM

Thanks....
Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
8 posted 2001-06-06 08:37 PM

Never knew you wre such a nice guy dopey
But yeah nice guys are hard to find.

Don't ever give in, if you do you've lost everything you've ever had and everything you hope to gain, but if you carry on your already winning.

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
9 posted 2001-06-06 09:26 PM

Dopey is totally right in this matter.  At the same time, you might just be looking in the wrong corner.  Most girls your age, whether you admit it or not, go for the cool crowd.  Guess what, most of em, not all but most, care more about image right now that how you feel.

So, open your eyes and SEE, don't look, but SEE and you'll realize that there are nice guys out there who would treat you as the princess you've always dreamt of since you were a little kid.  

hi Sweets, Lizzy, Ina, Erin, Erica, Minna, Kit, Kamie, Javi, Jenn, Sharon, Nan, Cawlee, Cherish, Val, Sara, Justine, Leah, Jess, Kimmie, Maree, Michel

White Wolf
since 1999-09-18
Posts 371
Somewhere in the vast wasteland
10 posted 2001-06-08 04:14 PM

Dopey has it right but please allow me to expand or add something to it.  Us, nice guys, have been called a rare breed cause we are hard to find.  Truth be told we are not all that hard to find if you know what to look for.  Nice guys tend to be seen as shy and reserved.  Most of us have been hurt at one time or another so we are not the kind that will jump at an opprotunity to go out with someone.  We tend to follow a friends first policy.  We want to know if you are compatible and if you will end up hurting us more than we can take.  I have found that for any girl knows at least two nice guys but they fail to realize it.  Another thing to realize is that when we do fall in love, we fall hard.  So take a look at the guys you know and open your eyes to the one's that don't "hit" on you.  The ones that talk to you straight and you feel like you can talk to them.  I have seen too many females talk about how they wish they could meet a nice guy and there is one or two right under their noses.  I would ask one thing of you and that is that you be patient with us.  We are there.

Hey Dopey, I am happy to hear about your situation and that it has only been three years.  For me it has been over ten years, since I was fourteen.  She is my best friend.  And on the bright side it looks like my chance is comming.  I wish you the best.

The White Wolf

If life is just a game, when does it end cause I want to get to what is real.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
11 posted 2001-06-09 04:08 PM

I wish you the best of luck Wolf  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Boyfriends....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary